• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #41 1st July 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Alternative - melitane

Thanks. That's useful. I am waiting to get some further information back from Lucas Meyers too. Out of curiosity where are you based? I'm in the UK so we don't get a lot of sun to test it out on. Are you getting much sun? Although UV may not be needed for the hair I suppose.
  2. #42 1st July 2014 
    Thanks

I live in Belgium, not much sun either. If you see that before after pic of that greyin man on the LEF forum, his face also darkened. The author started after a month.
  3. #43 3rd July 2014 
    Thanks

I'm very skeptical that pseudocatalase's shampoo (mentioned on the lef forum) tans the skin.* The 2 gents in the before / after photos started the trial in the winter and the 'after' photos would have been in the Spring given the trial timeline.* That could explain the darkening of the face.* They are located in the U.S.* All but Type I skinned individuals get color on their skin pretty quickly in the U.S. once the weather turns.*

We'll know for sure in a few months as more people try the dude's latest shampoo formulation, I guess.*
  4. #44 3rd July 2014 
    Thanks

Please keep update us. Its REALLY interesting.
  5. #45 3rd July 2014 
    Thanks

The first question is: has it been proven that large amounts of melitane darken hair and skin? The second question is: penetration.
    After 3 weeks I have no results but the seller told me I wouldn't see anything before 2-3 months.
    So another question is]Before melatine was added to pseudocatalase shampoo, the pseudocatalase was sold without melitane. The seller claimed it would darken ( grey) hair. Many forum members ( including myself) ran the trial for 6-12 months with no results.
    More people came up with the melitane research. It would be better for hair darkening as no one saw results with pseudocatalase. The PC seller added melitane and showed us some pics of people responding to it better than PC alone.
    If I think very negatively, I could say]On the other hand a few questions were asked over here but have never been answered: what is the molecular mass of melitane? Would be important to know in order to create the best possible topical.
  6. #46 3rd July 2014 
    Thanks

This website offers a sample of Melitane, but the offer may just be for interested companies (b2b), rather than individuals:

http://www.innovadex.com/PersonalCare/Detail/4501/124879/MELITANE

7. #47 3rd July 2014 
    Thanks

I posted a topic on chemist corner:
    http://chemistscorner.com/cosmeticsciencetalk/discussion/440/acetyl-hexapeptide-1-melitane-darkening-hair-skin#Item_1
  8. #48 3rd July 2014 
    Thanks

I'm sceptical that melitane will work, I do however know of research being done on other topical a msg agonists and think there will be a product that can induce tanning topically out at some point, hopefully soon.
  9. #49 3rd July 2014 
    Thanks

we always have to be sceptical. I'm 3 weeks in, the seller told me to see results in 2-3 monts. The thing I hate the most is the patience.
    Hopefully JROD can come up quickly with the forskolin method. If you see the before-afters in mice, it looks kinda impressive. Their coat has really turned dark in color

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v443/n7109/fig_tab/nature05098_F2.html
    . About time to elaborate on topical alternatives.
  10. #50 3rd July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    I posted a topic on chemist corner]
    Acetyl hexapeptide 1 ( melitane) darkening hair-skin

Over the last couple of months many products have been released containing melitane ( acetyl hexapeptide 1)
    They claim to darken hair and reverse greying. A study comparing the melitane with maidenhair has been released and the tan accelerator named piz buin ( containing melitane) seems to get good reviews. There's also a product mixing pseudocatalase and melitane on the market.
    It's legit the peptide acetyl hexapeptide increases melanin production in both skin and hair.
    On ebay ( and probably there are asian sellers as well) they're selling the pure peptide and recommend you to mix it with dimethyl isosorbide ( 90 pct water, 5 pct melitane and 5 pct DMI) and you should see results in 2-3 months. I'm 3 weeks into this experiment ( I'm light red haired with some greys in it) and was wondering what kinda adjustments I can make to make it better. Anyone with a better scientific background could comment on it.
    What is the molecular mass of melitane? Any help would be great. "

Great questions Djen, very interesting product - good luck!
  11. #51 3rd July 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks, Melanotan. Let's see if it gets any replies.
    Still don't know what's more interesting: melitane or forskolin. The forskolin really has before after pics and a strong theory. Hopefully it becomes a winner in the very near future.
  12. #52 4th July 2014 
    Thanks

This Forskolin sounds very interesting! Looks like the idea of it being used as a sunless tanning cream has been around for quite some time. Anyone got any idea as to where they are up to with creating such a product?
  13. #53 4th July 2014 
    Thanks

I've sent a few emails to John D'Orazio in 2010 and he said they had started human trials with very good results way back then. Of course he wasn't allowed to give me the formula for penetration, their concern was of course "the safety" of the product. I used an eyelash serum containing forskolin with no results, the dosage was probably way too low and they couldnt give me the amounts used because it was patented. It was just one of the many, many ingredients.
  14. #54 4th July 2014 
    Thanks

These human trials seem to run for a very long time so we may be a while away from a release date. Melanotan had been ongoing forever - well it feels that way. I wonder if Forskolin will initially be released as a cosmetic product. Melanotan or Scenesse as it it is known will only be of EPP suffered at first I believe. Do you know if Melitane went through the same trial process?
  15. #55 4th July 2014 
    Thanks

It shows there's a way to make it work. It doesn't matter how many years we're away from commercial release, there are already ways to make it work and some people know about it.

I don't know about melitane. If you google the words* melitane maidenhair you'll read about research in Asia.
  16. #56 4th July 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Alternative - melitane/forskolin.....

PS: this is a new article published on forskolin.
  17. #57 5th July 2014 
    Thanks

Did you put a link up? I can't see it.
  18. #58 5th July 2014 
    Thanks

http://www.cell.com/molecular-cell/abstract/S1097-2765%2814%2900482-1
  19. #59 5th July 2014 
    Thanks

"
    http://www.cell.com/molecular-cell/abstract/S1097-2765%2814%2900482-1
    "

Dr. D'Orazio* is especially fascinated by the augmentation of cAMP inducers, such as Forskolin, in the potentiality for prevention of neoplasia related to improved DNA repair. However, he has noted that there are other cAMP inducers, other than forskolin, that may be more practical for research utilization in melanoma prevention, such as phosphodiesterase inhibitors (Rolipram). Some of his colleagues have been studying the effects of Rolipram.* *
  20. #60 5th July 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks JROD.
    Have you been in touch with one of those researches to create your own products?