• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #21 20th June 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Alternative - melitane

No I thought LMC only did B2B ( IMHO). I ordered from a guy on ebay: the solution was water, dextran and acetyl hexapeptide. Then I mixed it with water and DMI
  2. #22 20th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    No I thought LMC only did B2B ( IMHO). I ordered from a guy on ebay]"

Yea, I guess your right after looking at the website. Man, they seem like such a legit company and I bet their product is decent. The cool thing about it is that its already in solution, all you have to do is add it to a proper vehicle with the correct final concentration. Its cool that you found some on ebay, the only thing is I would be a little skeptical and cautious of someone selling this stuff from greece on ebay. It may not be an authentic product, especially if the price is so cheap. I guess I would wonder where this person got the product or formulation to make it, and if they have any expertise.
  3. #23 21st June 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks JROD, you're a good help. The person from Greece claims he works for the company. It's a small 10 ml bottle he's sending you have to dilute for darkening hair.With water and DMI. I got into my 2nd week. Too soon to have results. Of course I don't know what I have bought, it's always a toss up, but can a private person order melitane at a reasonable price from the company? How long should it take to see results? On melanotan it takes 2 to 3 weeks to see hair darkening results.
    The other thing I already worry about is the fact that I'll be able to keep ordering in the future. If the results are so pleasing, it would be painful finding out there's no place left offering it.

Chinese suppliers also seem to deliver acetyl hexapeptide. I guess it's dose depending to make it work for melanin.

As a scientist you could ask the ebay seller more specific questions in order the check his reliability? Would be super nice;
  4. #24 24th June 2014 
    Thanks

Hi. I have purchased some melitane and have mixed it with a body lotion to use daily. Does anyone have a link to the research paper on this product? I am not sure how this works. Is it supposed to be built up over time like melanotan or should you apply immediately before sun? Links to the research paper or any info anyone has would be great. Thanks
  5. #25 27th June 2014 
    Thanks

http://ask.lef.org/224/How-to-reverse-grey-hair?PageIndex=130#bm13244* here's a discussion on melitane used for hair and the users happened to get a darker face, started coming to the surface after a month.
    I'm 2 weeks in, fingers crossed.
  6. #26 27th June 2014 
    Thanks

PS: the Lucas Meyer certificate was added to my ebay order. Not that it proves everything, but it looked authentic. Just wanted to have some feedback on the DMI I use as a carrier. After 2 weeks and 2 days I have no results yet but should I expect it to work at the same pace as melanotan. On MT2 it started to work after 2-3 weeks.
  7. #27 28th June 2014 
    Thanks

Yes I'm two weeks in too. I have used one bottle so far. Also purchased off eBay so I got the same certificate as you. I don't think it is working yet. I have mixed it with a body lotion which has the same ph as skin. I am going to Spain in two weeks so by then I will have used two bottles over a month. That should show if it's working. I'm a natural red head and get amazing results with just one vial of mt2. I am hoping this will be as good. Do you apply it once or twice a day? At the moment I'm just applying it once.
  8. #28 28th June 2014 
    Thanks

I apply it once and then I have a spot where I apply it twice. I'm sure the penetrator is the most important factor here. I was recommended to use DMI but for hair. I'm sure people on this forum could help us out. 2 weeks is probably too soon to spot results, don't know if it works as fast as melanotan, but it's definitely something to elaborate on.
  9. #29 28th June 2014 
    Thanks

As some of you who follow the lef grey hair forum know, the ebay seller pseudocatalase is now offering a shampoo that contains melitane.* He claims a few users he tested it on got tanner on their face where the shampoo ran down (such as the forehead).*

If this is true, I'm wondering how practical it might be to try his shampoo once a day on the face / neck for additional color.

If anyone tries his shampoo for grey hair, please let us know if his product works for tanning the forehead.
  10. #30 28th June 2014 
    Thanks

There's a great theory backing up melitane, I've even read scientific articles on it. Acetyl hexapeptide has been proven to increase melanin production.

I just "hope" I'm currently using the right mix. The thing is]It would be logical that melitane without PC darkens the non greying hairs and the combo with PC ( pseudocatalase) also darkens the white hairs.
    I've seen 2 before after pics on LEF and also the skin seemed to have darkened. The seller says it starts after a month of usage.

11. #31 29th June 2014 
    Thanks

PS let's try to find out about melitane's molecur mass ( that question was asked before).

I'm 2,5 weeks into DMI melitane and it's most likely too early to have results, it would be nice to know if we're doing things the right way.
  12. #32 30th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    PS let's try to find out about melitane's molecur mass ( that question was asked before).

I'm 2,5 weeks into DMI melitane and it's most likely too early to have results, it would be nice to know if we're doing things the right way.
    "

Great Idea, I wonder if the chemical structure is related to melanotan. I bet its somewhat related to the chemical structure of a-MSH, but stable in whatever solution they use.
  13. #33 30th June 2014 
    Thanks

I wonder if MII in a topical formulation would be stable and effective. However, Im looking to develop a product that does not require UV radiation for effectiveness, and thats why im so fascinated by the potenial effects of forskolin.
  14. #34 30th June 2014 
    Thanks

In the paper added from Lucas Meyer, the shelf life of the unmixed product was 36 months.
    Both are MSH agonists so I tend to compare them. With M2 I had results after 2-3 weeks, but the seller of this product said it should be 2-3 months.

Another fact]
    The seller first gave me an ethanol propylene glycol solution, but when I was scared of the alcohol drying out everything, he gave me the DMI alternative.
    It's just: I've ordered a second bottle and if the DMI really wouldnt be suitable as a carrier, I'd like to know so I can adjust things.
  15. #35 30th June 2014 
    Thanks

Well I am trying it for skin and you are trying for hair so should be interesting to see both our results. I find it strange that this product has been around for a number of years yet no big company have utilised it yet. Makes me question whether if will work at all!
  16. #36 30th June 2014 
    Thanks

It's been used in pizbuin which has pretty good reviews overall. Also, some very new hair lotions containing melitane are on the market.
    Acetyl hexapeptide has been proven to increase melanin, the question is just]
    In the end the industry of sunless tanners, solariums, hair dyes,....is big business. Melanotan works and it doesn't seem like those big companies seem to be interested either.
  17. #37 30th June 2014 
    Thanks

"
    It's been used in pizbuin which has pretty good reviews overall. Also, some very new hair lotions containing melitane are on the market.
    Acetyl hexapeptide has been proven to increase melanin, the question is just]
    In the end the industry of sunless tanners, solariums, hair dyes,....is big business. Melanotan works and it doesn't seem like those big companies seem to be interested either.
    "

Could you tell me some brands wich are selling those hair lotions ? i am very curious to see what other ingredients are added.
  18. #38 30th June 2014 
    Thanks

There's a person on the LEF forum selling it. http://ask.lef.org/224/How-to-reverse-grey-hair?PageIndex=131#bm13254

If you go back a couple of pages, you'll see people telling about their usage of melitane containing products. Most of them have just gotten started and the seller told me it would take 2-3 months to see results.
    I think the consensus is that acetyl hexapeptide has been proven to increase melanin in both hair and skin. The question is how to make it cause proper penetration.
    I'm currently using it but I want to learn more about what I'm doing right or wrong.
  19. #39 30th June 2014 
    Thanks

Yes but melanotan is not yet legal and therefore big companies can't use it. I hope your right and that it does work. I appreciate it works for type 3 and 4 skins however it is type 1 and 2 that need it most. My fears is that it only works for people who tan anyway and therefore there is not much of a market for it, hence why it's not in the shops. We do need a cosmetic chemist to help with the formulation.
  20. #40 30th June 2014 
    Thanks

If it increases melanin it should work on all skin types. It's even considerend a grey darkening agent and grey contains no pigment at all.
    Would be a bit odd.
    Here's a chemist forum: http://chemistscorner.com/cosmeticsciencetalk/