• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 6th February 2017 
    Thanks

My 8 years story with MT2

Hi,

I am a type 2 skin, really dark brown/black hair, ginger/blonde/brown beard (Depends on the light) but mostly dark ginger beard i'd say.
    I have freckles on my arms, shoulders and chest.

8 years ago I started to fight this as I kinda became obsessed about it (unfortunately), when I was 19 I did this laser treatments to remove freckles which actually made my skin completely clean (for a while).
    I still was far from being pleased with the result as I still burned in the sun and my skin is light and a little 'pinky' and then I started to do some research and I encountered a forum of Melanotan (I forgot its name) and a month later I took the courage to start using MT2, a few moles appeared and I freaked out and stopped using it and then I found a way to remove those new moles and decided to try again.
    I was dosing about 0.4mg every other day for a while and I was super happy with the results, especially that my beard became black/blonde about 2 weeks later, it was an awesome feeling.
    After a few months I was perma-tanned almost without any ginger remains.
    I felt super confident and good about myself, especially in photos, I pretty much didn't believe that it's happening to me.

About a year later, I started to dose only 0.4mg every fifth day and I was able to permanently keep the results, never got burned in the sun, was always tanned (Even in winter), amazing color beard.
    I didn't have a smooth clean skin but it was still pretty good.

The results were so natural that no one ever even asked anything about it.

For 6 years straight I never stopped using it, even in the winter and I felt really confident and good about myself (I know it's related to obsession so don't judge me, this is just how I felt).
    I flourished, I could pretty much get almost any girl I ever dreamed of, opened a pretty big & successful high-tech company and was doing great socially.

After those 6 years the police knocked on my door after I ordered some more MT2 and they suspected that I am some drug dealer or some shit and my girlfriend for two years was at the house and she got all scared about it (she didn't know that I inject myself) and then I had to tell her.
    After long discussions with her she made me stop using it (as I was already becoming a little hypochondriac during my last year of usage about every small pain that I randomly felt).
    1-2 months later my ginger beard returned and then I had some serious anxieties about it and after about 8 months my color completely faded away (gradually).
    After a few months of not using it I pretty much fell into semi-depression and had many anxiety attacks, in my head it was like someone is taking the mask of my true face and revealed my bluff.

My g/f never left me and was extremely amazing about it and told me that I don't look even a tiny bit less good than I was, she was there the whole time.
    Unfortunately her encouraging didn't help much and during the last year I started seeing a shrink once a week (sometimes twice).
    I did made a pretty huge progress with the shrink (I have some sort of OCD / Childhood traumas) but unfortunately until this very day I am pretty depressed and every time there is some mentioning about my skin color / beard I feel really bad, even if it's just from my employees.
    Obviously they do not know how it hurts me as I am very strong, funny and successful to the outside world.

In a retro-perspective this may have have been like Dumbo's magic feather to me and the only real change it did was to give me the confidence to fulfill myself.
    Or not.

A few months ago I broke up with my G/F (After 4 years) which made me like 10 times weaker as I had no real supporting shoulder any longer, except my shrink perhaps.
    Since then I dated dozens of girls, pretty much most of the dates were successful but all of the dates were at night as well as I am much less confident in the sun (I know that this is part of my obsession).

During those last months, no matter how successful my night is, I am still really depressed about my skin (or about what it represents for me at least).

I am not exactly sure what made me share all this but I read some interesting questions/stories so I thought it'll make me feel good to share it here and hear your thoughts...
    You can also consider it as some sort of AMA thread if you'd like to ask something.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading.
  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snopel For This Useful Post:

peptideman (8th October 2017),Rosie89 (5th March 2017),stekke (11th April 2017),stuplz (27th February 2017)

3. #2 6th February 2017 
    Thanks
    What made you not take it again once you broke up with your gf? Also have you had any other negative side effects aside from the common ones in the 6 years you took it?

P.S. if you need someone to talk to send me a pm.
  4. #3 13th February 2017 
    Thanks
    woW, i did not know people get hooked on melanotan, apparently it changed your life for better
    anyway you plan on getting back on now? i wonder why such success with women did not make you more confident.
  5. #4 13th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Does melanotan get's less effective if run all year round ?

You say about permanent skin darkening, can you suggest how much of your tan is there for good now after that long time? i know it's difficult to answer, maybe you have gone from skin type 2 to 3? or maybe 30% of your melanotan tan is there now even without using it. something like that
  6. #5 26th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Great read. It might be hard to accept your natural look now that you've seen how you look under MT2. What's keeping you from using it again?
  7. #6 26th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Sorry for the late reply guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyman View Post
    What made you not take it again once you broke up with your gf? Also have you had any other negative side effects aside from the common ones in the 6 years you took it?

P.S. if you need someone to talk to send me a pm.
    That's a good question.
    I guess part of it was that she never thought any less of me without it and I am the one who actually brought this breakup (from different reasons).
    I didn't have any negative side effects except the common ones and increased libido, I did however get really hypochondriac about every random pain I had and I also have a theory that it somehow decreased my libido a little bit after I stopped using it (but it could also simply be that it's because I am older now).

"woW, i did not know people get hooked on melanotan, apparently it changed your life for better
    anyway you plan on getting back on now? i wonder why such success with women did not make you more confident."

It did change my life for better but though I am certain it made me look better I tend to think that it was more of a psychological effect, just like dumbo's feather.
    About the current success with women, it does make me more confident but it I am still suffering from low confidence on certain lights, this is an obsession/psychological issue though that I am trying to solve.

"Does melanotan get's less effective if run all year round ?

You say about permanent skin darkening, can you suggest how much of your tan is there for good now after that long time? i know it's difficult to answer, maybe you have gone from skin type 2 to 3? or maybe 30% of your melanotan tan is there now even without using it. something like that "

No, it never got less effective, I actually managed to keep perfect golden skin color / dark beard with 0.4mg every fifth day.
    Sorry for the confusion but when I wrote "permanent" I was talking about permanent color while I was dosing 0.4mg every fifth day, I am now a year and a half without it and after about 8 months my skin color got back to normal, nothing really stayed, maybe 10% at most unfortunately.

"Great read. It might be hard to accept your natural look now that you've seen how you look under MT2. What's keeping you from using it again?"

Thanks.
    Indeed it is very hard, on the first two months without it (even before any change happened to my skin) I suffered from tons of terrible anxieties and semi depression, but after a year+ with the help of a great psychologist I am feeling much better and in a way I am more confident than I ever was, but sometimes it still hits me pretty hard.
    The reason I am not getting back to using it is because I realized that i'll never be able to live normal life as long as I am on it, i'll always be scared that I am killing myself and i'll be very hypochondriac about it. In addition to that, I really believe that true happiness will reach me once I'll stop giving a fuck about it and get over my childhood obsession/traumas.

I do believe however that if it was legalized and the long term side effects were known then I would've happily used it again.
    Let's just say that at certain points in my current day-to-day life I would've literally paid millions for a solution to my beard and skin color even though I absolutely realize that it's an irrational thought that is driven by obsession and that most likely if i would get a 'solution' for my skin 'issue' I would be obsessed about something else and this is why the real solution has to come from within with a lot of mental work (I know it may sound like a cliche but it doesn't get more true than that).
    Last edited by Snopel; 26th February 2017 at 09:49 PM.
  8. #7 27th February 2017 
    Thanks
    0.4mg every 5 days, what was your sunbed regimen? same ? 1 session every 5 days?

Did you experiment how long you can go without taking mt2 before you notice coior fading?
  9. #8 28th February 2017 
    Thanks
    Hello,

you sound very very similar to me however I have not really experimented with MT2 as much as you. I have a few questions before i plan on taking MT2 this year.

1 - Regarding the laser freckle removal, what lasers were used (IPL, Yag Q) and how many sessions did it take and roughly how much did it cost?
    I have freckles on my arms / shoulders / face that I want removed, and am wondering if I should get them lasered off prior to MT2 or will it not matter, also once you skin was clear and you started MT2 did they come back?

2 - How did you decide the best dosage? I am considering 0.25mg ED, why did you choose 0.4mg EOD?

3 - Whats stopping you from permanently using MT2 if you didnt notice any negative affects?
  10. #9 3rd March 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stuplz View Post
    0.4mg every 5 days, what was your sunbed regimen? same ? 1 session every 5 days?

Did you experiment how long you can go without taking mt2 before you notice coior fading?
    That's the amazing part, I didn't need any sunbed or any sun at all to maintain the color, not even once a month, just 0.4mg every 5 days maintained the color perfectly.
    Once you build the color (after a few tans) you can maintain the color pretty much forever just with the injection (no tanning involved), that's how it was for me at least.

"Hello,

you sound very very similar to me however I have not really experimented with MT2 as much as you. I have a few questions before i plan on taking MT2 this year.

1 - Regarding the laser freckle removal, what lasers were used (IPL, Yag Q) and how many sessions did it take and roughly how much did it cost?
    I have freckles on my arms / shoulders / face that I want removed, and am wondering if I should get them lasered off prior to MT2 or will it not matter, also once you skin was clear and you started MT2 did they come back?

2 - How did you decide the best dosage? I am considering 0.25mg ED, why did you choose 0.4mg EOD?

3 - Whats stopping you from permanently using MT2 if you didnt notice any negative affects?"

1. I believe it was IPL, it's very cheap considered to how effective it is, would cost you between $500 to $1,500, just keep in mind that those freckles will slowly come back after several years, unless you will stay completely out of the sun but you can do 1 treatment a year if you want to always stay freckle-free.
    Unfortunately freckle removal laser treatments do not work well while you are tanned and it can also cause burns so the answer is that you would first have to remove the freckles and then start using MT2 if you are looking for flawless results which
    is another unfortunate thing, if you plan to take MT2 all year along then you won't be able to be freckle-free as you won't be able to do laser treatments while on MT2 but the good news is while you are under MT2 you shouldn't be gaining much freckles since you won't get burned at all and from some reason the skin produces much less freckles from the sun while you are under MT2.
    I managed to pretty much keep an almost clear skin during all of my 6-7 years with MT2, after I stopped using MT2 the freckles started to develop much more frequently from the sun.

2. No real reason behind it, I did some reading but I just didn't really like the feeling after dosage and 0.4mg EOD worked very well for me and then I switched to 0.4mg every third day, and then every fourth day and then every 4th-5th day for a few years straight.

3. As mentioned before, I wouldn't be able to live good life with it as no one can tell me the long term effect of it and I became pretty hypochondriac about it.
    Also, you order MT2 from pretty shady places (even if they have good reputation over the internet) and who knows what you could inject yourself one day.
    In addition to that, I would really like to accept myself the way I am and stop fighting it unless some permanent proven solution will pop out and then I would gladly pay ANY sum for it.
    I don't think i'll ever get back to using it even though I think it's a miracle product that I wish that it would've been developed & researched further.

If I sound very similar to you like you said then there is one thing I can tell you that took me almost 10 years to learn, if you are planning on using it because of an obsession and you feel like you can't live without it then don't use it.
    If you are planning to simply try it out because you just want to look better (but NOT depended on it) then you could give it a shot and see how you feel about it physically and more importantly - mentally.
  11. #10 4th August 2017 
    Thanks
    I am looking for a good U.S. supplier of MT2 to buy from. Could any of you PM me your source. Thank you!