• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 26th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Know your skin type - The Fitzpatrick Scale

What this mean to you?

Type 1 and 2 is most sun sensitive and will have a hard time developing tan, reason for this is that skin will burn without the chance of pigmentation. Your skin gets tan from a pigment called melanin. Special cells in our skin produce melanin. When skin cells become damaged or unhealthy, it highly affects melanin production in negative way. To avoid burning you would use sun screen, but this will also prevent tan.
    Melanotan is god sent gift here, it will significantly speed up pigmentation process thus preventing skin burning, but this does not mean if you have taken melanotan you are automatically protected from burning, that being said if you are very pale take extra caution.

Generally less number you are in Fitzpatrick scale, more time and melanotan it will take to achieve deep tan, but once you have it maintaining your new skin color is easy regardless of skin type.
  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Semin For This Useful Post:

Kiwi (26th November 2015),RoccoV3 (7th July 2017)

3. #2 26th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I am totally the TYPE I skin tone.

Sadly most of the time I look like someone who just drowned, and in the summer I only get sunburnt and not tan at all. Ever so often my father looks at me and says: oh my god, how are still alive? Do you still have blood in you?

The only fun side of having very pale skin is when I drink I do turn green like in cartoons. It is fun to watch for my friends.
  4. #3 26th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I think I'm on the type 4. So this means I have enough melanin on the skin and not that sensitive to the sun, right?
  5. #4 27th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I am pretty sure I am normally a type two in terms of my skin as I am fair skinned. However, living in the South, I think my skin tone has turned a bet since I hae been in the South. So, I have to take these sorts of things into consideration. It is just one of the options that I need to use. This is just a thing to keep an eye on.
  6. #5 29th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I think I'm a type 3. Even though I'm not as prone as the first two types, I think it's still better to be safe than sorry. We should still take care of our skin, no matter what type it is. Skin cancer and other skin conditions don't choose a type of skin. It can happen to anyone.
  7. #6 29th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Mine is somewhere in between 2 and 3. I'm white who gets burned rarely.
  8. #7 5th December 2015 
    Thanks
    I'm a type IV, that's why I'm not too particular when it comes to my skin color. I know that many people find women who have darker skin beautiful, which I'm really thankful for.
  9. #8 22nd December 2015 
    Thanks
    Judging by that scale I'm a 3 I think, and even though I'm white, I'm quite dark skinned (if that makes sense)

When I'm in the sun I don't tend to go red or burn, I just tan straight away so I'm quite lucky really.
  10. #9 27th May 2017 
    Thanks
    I only freckle and don't tan, I'm wondering if this is Type I ?
  11. #10 15th July 2018 
    Thanks
    I'm skin type 3 but come from a skin type 2 majority family. So I'm insanely pale, burn with prolonged sun exposure but if careful I can build a tan....just very slowly! Maybe a mix between type 2 and 3.

Mothers side type 2.
    Fathers side look meditarean type 3.