• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 1st February 2014 
    Thanks

Perma Tan on a Type 1 skin? How long before skin color returns to normal?

recently discovered this Melanotan. I'm a auburn haired type 1 skin with some freckles on my arms and few on my face. Now i find it ahrd to tan, but i can get the slightest tan if i am careful. not noticeable to others.

I'm thinking of giving this ago for the experience if anything, i'm just concerned about how long this tan will last. I've heard that for somebody with such low melanin production, it could take years for my skin to return to the same color as before i started taking this.

Is such a claim valid? If so i'll have to stay away!
    Not interesting in a dark tan, just a light glow.
  2. #2 1st February 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Perma Tan on a Type 1 skin? How long before skin color returns to normal?

Im fair skinned and my tan usually last 5-6 months after usually only 20 mg. It starts to fade after I give up the tanning bed, and fades back to the usual.. But, go very slow with low doses. It will work just fine at very low doses.
  3. #3 1st February 2014 
    Thanks

It fades like a normal tan...depending on how dark you are a person can have faint tan lines for many many months. Generally, it'll be faded to the point that it's looks normal in a season. Of course, if you've never really had a tan before (due to skin type) you'll have nothing to compare to. I've had very dark natural tans before and I can tell you that the fade is normal.
  4. #4 1st February 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: How long before skin color returns to normal?

Great question bretbeat, do you see yourself sun tanning in the future? Sunless tanning may be a viable approach with either melanotan peptide (given the goal of slight glow). There's enough time to listen to the body, it takes serious energy to develop the perma-tan (my .02 being n/a, as I am addicted).
  5. #5 1st February 2014 
    Thanks

Re: How long before skin color returns to normal?

"
    Great question bretbeat, do you see yourself sun tanning in the future? Sunless tanning may be a viable approach with either melanotan peptide (given the goal of slight glow). There's enough time to listen to the body, it takes serious energy to develop the perma-tan (my .02 being n/a, as I am addicted).
    "

Possibly. Due to my hair colour which is dark auburn(although i hear it could turn full brown on peptides), I think i'd look a bit strange if I tanned too darkly. My aim is to get a moderate glow slowly until I think a good level is reached. I want to do this in sunlight though which could be possible for my goals. I'm kind of toying with the fact that I'll get a tan for the first time in my life and mess with a few close relatives heads a little!!

Personally I've never had a problem being on the pale side. I find it a little unique, comfortable in my skin. So I probably wont tan in the future, but i haven't tried it yet so it's early days to say that lol!

btw, what is the loading phase like for somebody like me who has* almost never tanned? (i'm between type 1 and 2 skin)
  6. #6 2nd February 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Perma Tan on a Type 1 skin?

Going back to the first post, I do want to clarify, research further in depth & share my thoughts on permanence. Hair and skin being regenerative, the hair should grow quick...while the skin exfoliates/grows at a variety of paces - areas such as your back may hold onto pigment for a long time (whereas the face, legs, stomach areas may regenerate & lighten to natural - every experience is so individual, hard to forecast really). Most researchers with similar skin types to bretbeat should have balance and control over their tan....

Neat when auburn colors turn a protective eumelanin brown (relatively short-term event - even more rare, from my reading, are hair color changes on the head - my head of hair has no observed impact from melanotan). Watch out when toying with relatives, leave your gene therapy measures personal (please utilize the forum as one outlet, silence/secrecy to a degree serves well with so few qualified professionals having awareness of this futuristic biotechnology). Female melanotan tanners can run into inquiries of pregnancy when the nurse in the family observes the super-physiologic tan (sorry for the tmi/ranting!)

Now I have always gone back into therapy w/ melanocortins, staying off for seasons (6-9 months off, 2-3 months on annually - never ceasing for 1-2yrs+, yet). Along my journey, results such as disappearance of a birthmark is a unique long-term(/permanent) feature I would love to get to the bottom of (scientifically speaking - may be a question to air when w/ dermatologist next). I too am comfortable in my skin & prefer looking as pale as possible (while not being limited by sensitive skin, sunburn/skin cancer fear) - dosing or loading melanotan (1 or 2) slowly is the secret. Preparation for drastic change helps (week 1-2 expect a freak out moment, best advice is to calmly work through the phase).

It's a sad, horrific nightmare scenario when abusers of the product go overboard, impatiently dosing + tanning...ending up with impulsive desires to laser off darkened pigmentation (moles and/or freckles with are likely beautiful and will fade in due time). "Loading" melanotan peptides, imho, means to initially analyze & overcome sensitivity to potent melanotropin (before introducing the catalyst/secret sauce, tanning on mt).

Budget and time pending, consider melanotan 1 please bretbeat. I know I have enjoyed the melanotan results from the original. Mt-1 may not protect your skin well from sunburn, however the glow/edge should be present after a few vials (photo journals help greatly, as you see yourself daily...mirrors/lighting have thrown me off in the past) - further, mt-1 is unlikely to change any hair color - also the results will diminish leaps before the mt-2 users
  7. #7 3rd February 2014 
    Thanks

Wow. Great post!
  8. #8 27th February 2014 
    Thanks

The colour change does not appear to be permanent as experienced by post partum women, but the initial tan does appear very much like pregnancy hormone changes, hence why Melanotan made the reference to appearing pregnant.* I don't know any long term female users.* Can anyone comment if there is a gender bias towards keeping the tan longer?

As for scalp hair colour, my stylist noticed a shift after I asked her to monitor for it.* Not evenly across the scalp. Darker around the sides, lesser on top.* I have a full head of blonde hair.* Can anyone else confirm this (I was using mt1)?
  9. #9 16th December 2014 
    Thanks

This isn't so much a result of melanotan 2 much more the result of skin that has never seen the sun or had a tan. Before MT 2 my arms were always slightly darker than my chest, even after not seeing sun for 4 months. My theory is skin never fully returns to it's original pigmentation(or at least takes a long time) after having a tan whether it be natural or MT 2 induced. It is probably more noticeable on a skin type 2 or 1 as their untanned skin is very white. For the sake of proof, I'd ask anyone who has had a tan before to compare their untanned skin(chest or arm) to their crotch or another area that's never seen the sun. I'm willing to bet it is slightly darker.
  10. #10 2nd January 2015 
    Thanks

I've been off MT 2 for 6 weeks and am haven't seemed to have lost much of the tan. I am a skin type 1.
  11. #11 3rd January 2015 
    Thanks

MT2 tan is deep the fading process depends on exfoliation of skin it is different rates for everybody if you want to speed up process then get a exfoliant cream or a lufa
  12. #12 11th January 2015 
    Thanks

"
    This isn't so much a result of melanotan 2 much more the result of skin that has never seen the sun or had a tan. Before MT 2 my arms were always slightly darker than my chest, even after not seeing sun for 4 months. My theory is skin never fully returns to it's original pigmentation(or at least takes a long time) after having a tan whether it be natural or MT 2 induced. It is probably more noticeable on a skin type 2 or 1 as their untanned skin is very white. For the sake of proof, I'd ask anyone who has had a tan before to compare their untanned skin(chest or arm) to their crotch or another area that's never seen the sun. I'm willing to bet it is slightly darker.
    "

This is correct. I've been off of MT2 since august, and my skin tan has faded slightly, but i seem to have become a few shades darker compared to my original never tanned skin. Personally, I'm happy about it. It looks a bit more healthy. Only problem is where i was wearing my shorts in my tanning sessions. that area is still in it's natural never tanned state, it looks hilarious. You can clearly see the outline of some shorts.

If anyone reading this is concerned about the lasting effects of the tan in people of my condition (skin type 1 or 2) my verdict and prediction: My tan would fade but it'll take at least 5 years imo to go completely back to my before use state.
  13. #13 5th May 2015 
    Thanks

Really sorry I'm new to this forum and can't seem to find where to make my own post but I'll figure that for myself my main goal with the use of mt2 is to change my skin colour for good I just want to be dark skinned like a half cast bloke that kind of colour I hate being white and want to be dark which I am I'm actually darker then my half cast mates ( no racism attended ) I'm 18 my skin type is type 3 - 4 my sister has olive skin an I have to same tone as her naturally but now I'm litrally black haha I just wondered that with the right nutrition and obv sensible use with melanotan 2 I could eventually come of and obtain a perminant pigmentation change I've gone through 3 vials of melanotan and all of which I just did the loading phase I now do every other day 1mg skins thicker hairs darker moles too ect other then that I've has no side effects at all apart from sickness after jabbing that don't last long but long story short I wanna be dark skinned for good and will try to do anything I'm not exactly pale naturally tho so tht could work in my favour
  14. #14 31st July 2015 
    Thanks
    Hi all,

I did melanotan 2 injections for about 3 months over the summer 2 years ago. I am a light type 2 skin with dark hair and blue eyes. I got so dark that some friends thought my husband was cheating on me with a black girl lol!

I did .5mg about 30 minutes before sun exposure only on days that I laid out at the pool. My point here is, it took about 8 months for the tan to fade and it faded very naturally, however it almost permanently changed my skin type. I do not burn any more and am able to tan WAY faster than I ever was able to before melanotan 2. I would say that I went from being a light type 2 to a med type 3. It has been 2 years and I haven't injected at all due to having 2 babies back to back. I think I may start injections again because laying out is too time consuming with 2 babies!
  15. #15 1st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EB1022 View Post
    Hi all,

I did melanotan 2 injections for about 3 months over the summer 2 years ago. I am a light type 2 skin with dark hair and blue eyes. I got so dark that some friends thought my husband was cheating on me with a black girl lol!

I did .5mg about 30 minutes before sun exposure only on days that I laid out at the pool. My point here is, it took about 8 months for the tan to fade and it faded very naturally, however it almost permanently changed my skin type. I do not burn any more and am able to tan WAY faster than I ever was able to before melanotan 2. I would say that I went from being a light type 2 to a med type 3. It has been 2 years and I haven't injected at all due to having 2 babies back to back. I think I may start injections again because laying out is too time consuming with 2 babies!
    Really nice! Glad you are happy with your results!
  16. #16 5th August 2015 
    Thanks
    It takes quite a while for your skin to turn back to normal - approximately 5-8 weeks. Depending on your skin type, it may take longer.
  17. #17 6th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnyte View Post
    It takes quite a while for your skin to turn back to normal - approximately 5-8 weeks. Depending on your skin type, it may take longer.
    Last time I used melanotan 3 months ago and I'm still very tanned
  18. #18 19th March 2016 
    Thanks
    I'm skin type 1 last time i took was 6 months ago and i'm still quite brown don't seem to have lost much colour, i feel so much more confident than i did when i was younger, i would used to get blisters on the beach as a child and really i'm not exaggerating here seriously bad burns it makes me sad thinking about it i couldn't enjoy the sun, my mum would always try protect me and put factor 50 on me once an hour. I told my family i was using and they was supportive i can now enjoy the sun and outdoors like i never could when i was growing up.
  19. #19 20th March 2016 
    Thanks
    Do type 1's generally need higher doses for it to work or lower? Also does ones height and weight have any effect on size of doses needed for results?
  20. #20 20th March 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frogonthewall View Post
    Do type 1's generally need higher doses for it to work or lower? Also does ones height and weight have any effect on size of doses needed for results?
    I'd say that weight, and size would factor into how much is required. I would also say, as a type 1, you don't need more of the peptide but you need to more time. It will take months to develop a deep brown tan when your skin has never produced eumelanin before.