• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cardio

1. #1 1st October 2015 
    Thanks

cardio

Cardio and fat loss, is it necessary needed what are people thoughts?
    Doing cardio every day?
    Hiit?
    Just maybe 1-3 steady 20min runs, or simply non and deficit all through diet?
    surely if in a good enough deficit, doing large or long or intense amounts of cardio, is only gonna effect recovery and create muscle loss?
    this is the reason you reduce volume of weight lifting and focus more on maintaining strength / strenght training, whilst In a deficit to preserve lean mass.
    All advice helpful and appreciated.
  2. #2 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Keep lifting heavy. Reduce calories slowly for your body to adjust. And unfortunately every calorie counts. I always recommend lots of cardio not just for fat loss but cardio helps blood flow and nutrients to deliver into your muscles. More nutrients equals better pumps and then better performance in the gym.
  3. #3 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Oh I have the diet part nailed, track every calorie with this awesome app. I scan a barcode of every thing I eat, put in how many grams etc. And then I know exactly how many calories I'm consuming and the macro break down.. Just seeing people views on cardio. I've read in a few places that it will just effect recovery for a natural lifter, and shouldn't really be incorporated, but always going to discuss with other ppl what they think.
  4. #4 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    If you're losing weight don't do cardio and when the fat loss stalls start doing cardio and start off with HIIT just a couple of sessions a week. As weight loss stalls again up the length of HIIT or add another day in.
  5. #5 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Cardio is not required for fat loss... that being said you should always do a minimum amount for cardiovascular health get the heart pumping at least 30 min 3 times per week. Remember most of us got into bodybuilding to look and feel healthy and while you are young you might not think about longevity but some day you might have kids who hopefully want to keep their parents around as long as they can.
  6. #6 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chicka View Post
    Cardio is not required for fat loss... that being said you should always do a minimum amount for cardiovascular health get the heart pumping at least 30 min 3 times per week. Remember most of us got into bodybuilding to look and feel healthy and while you are young you might not think about longevity but some day you might have kids who hopefully want to keep their parents around as long as they can.
    If you workout you'll have your heart rate elevated enough for health benefits and that's above and beyond walking for 30 minutes thrice a week
  7. #7 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    A cardio workout is mainly meant to keep the heart healthy and strong more than anything else and while obviously any form of exercise will reduce calories, it isn't the most effective for actual fat loss in my opinion.
  8. #8 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    If you workout you'll have your heart rate elevated enough for health benefits and that's above and beyond walking for 30 minutes thrice a week
    Well a combination of the two is considered the best option http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11314283 Now from this next study it could be argued that the obesity itself is playing a role in the findings but its interesting to see the conclusion reached none the less. "Aerobic training is more beneficial and can be used as a preventive measure in patients who are at risk of developing cardiovascular diseases due to obesity." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3289184/
  9. #9 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Well a combination of the two is considered the best option http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11314283 Now from this next study it could be argued that the obesity itself is playing a role in the findings but its interesting to see the conclusion reached none the less. "Aerobic training is more beneficial and can be used as a preventive measure in patients who are at risk of developing cardiovascular diseases due to obesity." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3289184/
    Doing cardiovascular before you need it is wasting a very good tool when fat loss stalls.
  10. #10 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Doing cardiovascular before you need it is wasting a very good tool when fat loss stalls.
    Reduction in calories will allow you to loose fat... sure increasing caloric expenditure can help to lower the required caloric reduction but that is simply sacrificing over all health to eat a small amount more... Just diet and do a small amount of cardio for health reasons..
  11. #11 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Reduction in calories will allow you to loose fat... sure increasing caloric expenditure can help to lower the required caloric reduction but that is simply sacrificing over all health to eat a small amount more... Just diet and do a small amount of cardio for health reasons..
    You misunderstand me. When fat loss stalls don't drop calories more. Introduce cardiovascular
  12. #12 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    You misunderstand me. When fat loss stalls don't drop calories more. Introduce cardiovascular
    No, I did not misunderstand anything I am stating there is no scientific evidence to support the approach of adding cardio in at any certain body fat percentage vs a simple reduction in calories. Either way my original statement was one of health and not its impact on weight loss so this discussion is getting silly. "Cardio is not required for fat loss...that being said you should always do a minimum amount for cardiovascular health get the heart pumping at least 30 min 3 times per week. "
  13. #13 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    One more question, what's the best for decreasing appetite and hunger?
  14. #14 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maneken View Post
    One more question, what's the best for decreasing appetite and hunger?
    Sibutramine, EC stack also works for hunger and appetite.
  15. #15 2nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    I think cardio is important for the body and its systems. Yes, lifting builds muscle and muscle burns fat... but what good are all those muscles if you can't manage to even jog a quarter mile? In teens and 20's that may not be an issue but even as early as your 30's your body starts to need a little extra push.
  16. #16 2nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    I have seen programs on TV that state that a heavy lifting regime can be as beneficial as doing cardio two or three times per week. I think it is a very specific routine you have to do for 30 minutes per week, but it seems to be doable for the average person. I wouldn;t be afraid of it. It could potentially be very helpful. Just do some research before attempting it.
  17. #17 3rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Try some sprints if you want to lose weight. Especially if you've hit a plateau. Mix in periods of rest with intense workouts. That will help you melt away that fat in no time.
  18. #18 3rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Cardio helps to maintain toning and lose fat quickly. Weight-lifting on the other hand is useful to gain body mass. I think it is better to combine both elements.
  19. #19 3rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Dieting and cardio when needed is your best bet. I prefer to jog about 20 minutes per day but to each his own. Do what seems best fit!
  20. #20 5th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Cardio workouts are usually to build stamina rather than lose fat. The staple diet of a boxers camp is cardio to work on being able to maintain a high level of performance for when they have the fight.

For fat loss and muscle growth, it's more about diet and strength training I've been told.