• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 12th May 2016 
    Thanks

Type 2 (?), quite a few moles, advice needed!

Hey guys, I have dark brown hair and blue/green eyes and I think I'm a type 2 (see below). I'm looking for some advice regarding my skin type and whether or not to take melanotan. My goal is to basically get a decent golden tan.

I spent a lot of my childhood / teen years wearing protective sun tops so didn't really see much of the sun which kept me very pale. My dad has got to be a type 3 or 4 - he'll get a tan in half an hour on a sunny day in May in the UK. Meanwhile my mum is maybe a type 2. She seems as pale / paler than me naturally, seems to burn a bit more easily, but otherwise has similar skin to me. Over 2 week holidays (maybe 6-7 days of lying by the pool) we'd never really change colour - although I didn't really burn particularly badly either. I wasn't convinced I could tan, but she'd always say that she could tan very well (and pictures of her when she was younger backed that up), but it just took her a few weeks before the tan started, and when it did she'd get pretty dark, and said that I'd be the same. A few years ago she came back from a 2 week holiday with a ridiculously deep golden tan, and since then she's done it again a couple of times. Her method - hit 3-5 sunbeds in as many weeks before the holiday. My aunt, with a similar skin type, is very dark from years of tanning, and says the same as my mum regarding it taking a while to get going.

This leads me to thinking I can actually get a pretty decent natural tan with some persistence (eg. if I do a sunbed course and then go on holiday later this summer, or just do 10-15 sunbeds over 4-5 weeks and walk around outside), and it'd seem to fit my goal pretty well. There's also a decent likelihood that once I had the tan I could maintain it pretty easily / wouldn't go back to the level of white I am now (my mum always seems slightly tanned now without maintaining it).

The temptation with melanotan is obviously that I could see results very quickly, but at the same time I have some concerns.

I've been reading stories all over these boards (and elsewhere) that moles darkening, and perhaps new moles, are almost a certainty. For me this seems like a big risk because I have a lot of smallish moles all over my body (ranging from tiny dots to 3mm in diameter), and seem to get them relatively easily when using sunbeds or sun-bathing. I've not really seen any cases (even with type 1 and 2s) where people have lots of moles. At the moment I actually like them - they're hardly noticeable and they actually look pretty good for the most part - but my major concern is that I take melanotan and all of these moles become dark. This concern especially applies to my face where I've had a mole on my cheek since birth which isn't very dark, but is a fair size (it's pretty much exactly like the one Rachel McAdams has on her cheek). If that were to turn black it'd be a bit of a problem. Additionally, from past experience, I see a possibility that I could have dozens of new moles pop up. I don't really get freckles on my face but do on my arms, and again, there's potential for that to go wrong.

So questions!

1) Can anyone point me to the direction of a thread on here with somebody with lots of moles taking melanotan and what their results were? / Share experiences?

2) If I was to take it I'd only use 0.1mg shortly before short sunbed sessions maybe every other day, as some people seem to think low dosing shortly before tanning is the way forward in order to minimise mole risk (although this view is contested). Would my moles gradually turn dark or would it be a case of simply injecting it, doing a sunbed, and then seeing darker moles later that day? I.e. do the mole transformations pretty much happen over the first dose or two, or would I see them occurring slowly enough to jump off the train (so to speak)?

3) How effective is melanotan at achieving the golden tan look? I figure if it took me 4 doses and sunbeds to get a decent tan but it came with solid moles it'd be less favourable than just doing 8-10 sunbeds. I'm not bothered about getting really dark - and it actually seems likely that once I have the base tan I could tan easily anyway. Weighing it up would melanotan really offer me any benefits other than faster results (at the cost of darker moles!)?

Damn this turned out to be a much longer post than intended! Any other advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
  2. #2 14th May 2016 
    Thanks
    1) i have lots of moles/freckles. like 5% of them got really dark the rest stayed in the same contrast as my skin, also some new freckles/moles appeared.
    2) i was dosing at 0.25 ED and the moles/freckles that did decide to darken got dark very fast, might be different with 0.1 though.
    3) cant speak for the golden tan look because im not there yet (only started a few weeks ago). I think melanotan can be useful to break past your natural tanning thresholds for people like me who just go red then burn and peel after exposure
  3. #3 18th May 2016 
    Thanks
    If you already have alot of moles/freckles then I would advice to not take it at all or use only 0.1mg before and after your sunbed session.

Your moles/freckles will gradually turn darker, not overnight.