• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 16th September 2015 
    Thanks

bimatoprost - pigmentation enhancer

I remember that on the previous forum this was discussed.
    It's a fact that bimatoprost ( sold as eyelash drops latisse or the cheaper generic versions careprost or lumigan) darkens hair and skin. The reason why many people are reluctant to test it is because you can only get it in 3 ml eyedrop bottles. I've tried it myself near the eyes but it was really irritating, I didn't use it long enough.

I've noticed: people show results for hair when mixing it with minoxidil ( so diluted) and there are eyelash enhancer companies selling it ( with a diluted version of bimatoprost as well).

So the question was: would adding a bottle to a larger amount of liquid still work and what would be the ratio, softening agents,...?
  2. #2 17th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Djen View Post
    I remember that on the previous forum this was discussed.
    It's a fact that bimatoprost ( sold as eyelash drops latisse or the cheaper generic versions careprost or lumigan) darkens hair and skin. The reason why many people are reluctant to test it is because you can only get it in 3 ml eyedrop bottles. I've tried it myself near the eyes but it was really irritating, I didn't use it long enough.

I've noticed: people show results for hair when mixing it with minoxidil ( so diluted) and there are eyelash enhancer companies selling it ( with a diluted version of bimatoprost as well).

So the question was: would adding a bottle to a larger amount of liquid still work and what would be the ratio, softening agents,...?
    While dilution might lessen the irritation, it might not help at all, I'm not quite sure what would cause the irritation in this case, but some things can cause sever irritation in very low quantities. I'd initially try work at a 1:10 ratio. IIRC, bimatoprost is a Prostaglandin Analog and is soluble in water. Pure water might be a good option for the dilution. If there's no effect, evaporate off about half of the water to get a 1:5 ratio and try again. Considering you'd only be adding 27mls of water, that won't take long to evaporate without any heat.
  3. #3 17th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Thanks Josh, I don't know what causes the irritation but I was wondering if adding an oil ( maybe not to the solution but right before applying) could help.

I know Latisse sells brushes soaking up lots of the product and is furious about people using a more economical brush, so they can sell over 100 dollars a month for just eyelashes, also know the generic version is almost ten times as cheap. Contacting the company will definitely just tell you: it only works as prescribed.

I'm a already using a melitane liquid ( at 5 pct, and 5 pct DMI as a carrier), I wonder if I could just add the prostaglandin to have stronger effects.
  4. #4 22nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    DMI made a difference when using melitane, I wondered if it would carry the active in a better way when using with bimatoprost.
  5. #5 23rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    I have seen some pigmentation appearing as spots when people are applying for hairloss., so just wonder would these spots even out , but it definitely cause pigmentation
  6. #6 23rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Plus I wonder cost wise would it be workabble espcially if using all over for tanning
  7. #7 23rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    It would be very costly if using it all over although we don't know if it would very very diluted.
    I would use it for eyelashes, as they don't catch up with the rest of the hair darkening. So my question is: would it be worth mixing it with softening agents like coconut oil and what ratio?
  8. #8 2nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    update I know lots of eyelash serums like grandelash contain prostaglandins amongst many other ingredients which makes me think not much prostaglandin is needed to make it work ( I don't think those companies would buy pure prostaglandin but they must use careprost bottles) I added the carrier to have some extra effect ( don't know if it's necessary).

Due to the red eyes effect ( I applied it properly) pure careprost is not an option for me. You can have the greatest lashes but they never match these bloodshot eyes.

I'm curious to hear about your opinions.
  9. #9 4th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I diluted 1:5 and still got the irritation, then I got to 1:10 and now it's fine. I really hope it's still as effective, but I've seen women using less product than recommended and having results as good as those using it the latisse way. I added a tiny bit of DMI to help with absorption. Just a random idea.

PS latanoprost is only 0,005 pct of bimatoprost and still reports the darkening, thickening,....
    Last edited by Djen; 4th October 2015 at 11:53 AM.
  10. #10 4th October 2015 
    Thanks
    If lanoprost would also cause skin pigmentation and is it exspensive
  11. #11 4th October 2015 
    Thanks
    it causes skin pigmentation and as you can check careprost is a 0,03 version and latanoprost 0,005 which means a diluted version would still work, I'm using it now, just a few days into it.
  12. #12 4th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Its a shame these arent cheaper as then they could mayb used as a topical tanner but just not realistic I guess
  13. #13 5th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I got to a 1:15 dilution because 1:10 was still a bit harsh.