• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 21st June 2017 
    Thanks

Melanotan alternative! UV free tanning is finally here! YKL-06-061

Hi all,

I just came across this paper that has hit the press recently:

http://www.cell.com/cell-reports/pdfExtended/S2211-1247(17)30684-8

As the paper demonstrates, the new small molecule (YKL-06-061) is capable of robustly tanning human skin via topical application within a few days, without any UV required!

Think about it, you slap on an ointment for 5-8 days and without any UV exposure at all, you end up with an even, dark tan that would last for weeks before any new application is required.

The melanogenic effect of the new drug effects the tanning pathway higher up the chemical signalling chain than the melanocortin receptors, by activating Salt-inducible Kinase (SIK) inhibition, thus no nausea or GI symptoms are likely. SIK inhibition is something that is already known to happen in Fitzpatrick skin types III-V in the normal tanning process, so in a way this drug is like a 'genetic switch from' a type I or II skin to or III or IV, depending on how much is applied and for how long.

This is a remarkable breakthrough!

I would like to do some experiments with this compound myself, but I'm guessing the cost for obtaining the chemical will be fairly high in the short term. By my calculation, 5-10 grams would be needed to produce a viable ointment to last a little while (the researchers used a 37.5 mM solution of the 527 g/mol molecular weight substance) Although it's possible that a more diluted version will also work, to match the substance used in the paper, 10 grams of YKL-06-061 would be needed to make a half litre of ointment.

I wondered if there are others on the forum who are interested in clubbing together to purchase a supply?

If there are a few of us we could probably make this work, by buying a 50-100 gram sample.

I am looking into a trade source for YKL-06-061 right now, please PM me if you are interested in being a part of this.

I also wonder if there are any peptide suppliers out there that might be interested in creating a supply chain for YKL-06-061?
  2. #2 21st June 2017 
    Thanks
    I am always interested in trying something new and this thing definitely looks promising. What are the costs of this product? Also, do you have to apply the ointment evenly on the body and if you miss some spot then it won't develop a tan?
  3. #3 21st June 2017 
    Thanks
    Thanks for the information, I don't really have time to read that pdf right now but I will do that later. So you say that it needs to be used for 5-8 days straight before you get results? And do you have to apply on all of the body? If so, then it seems like a lot of hassle, a jab of MT2 seems easier. But very interesting anyway.
  4. #4 21st June 2017 
    Thanks
    Well, that sounds promising. Count me in if there is a fundraising for a peptide supplier willing to support us.
  5. #5 21st June 2017 
    Thanks
    This drug would be superb for people who always burn in the sun. But I wouldn't probably use it as I don't have any problem achieving a tan with Melanotan or naturally. It seems like this drug has been discovered just a few days ago. Any idea how much would a course of it cost?
  6. #6 21st June 2017 
    Thanks
    I don't think that I want to be a guinea pig for this. I would rather wait till they research it more because we don't know what are the side effects associated with it. But it is definitely a great achievement for humanity. I guess that soon they will develop side effect free drugs that are able to keep us in good physical form without even training or dieting.
  7. #7 21st June 2017 
    Thanks
    Now we will be able to prevent skin cancer without exposing our bodies to UV radiation. I read an article and it says that after administration of that ointment the body will begin to sunbathe and achieve the tan, and the tan will last approximately 10 days. I trully hope that one day it will be approved by FDA and will be sold OTC for cheap. But for now, I will rather wait and keep using my Melanotan I hope you will find other people that will want to participate in your experiment.
  8. #8 21st June 2017 
    Thanks
    I'm interested. PM me with more information.
  9. #9 22nd June 2017 
    Thanks
    Not intereseted right now but i support all this #Biohacking experiments 100%
    Waiting with anxiety the results of your experiments.
  10. #10 23rd June 2017 
    Thanks
    Hi all,

So it turns out that the target compound YKL-06-061 is crazy expensive at the moment. The cheapest source is quoting US$4500 for 10 grams!

The only way we could realistically do this is if 10 of us club together at $450 each to get hold of a gram of the product each for initial testing.

But 1 gram would only make 50ml of the desired lotion, so this would be like a bottle of very expensive face cream that would tan your face through the summer without UV.

Of course it's possible that the substance might work at a lower concentration, which would mean a greater volume of lotion for the price, but we'd have to test this through personal experiments.

Sorry it wasn't better news folks, maybe it will come down in price as more research is done.

Anyone who is still interested, let me know. For the record, I'd be willing to sink in $450 to take a 10th and see if it works.
  11. #11 23rd June 2017 
    Thanks
    I guess it is to early to start experiments and a little bit more research is needed, at least a phase I study should be needed to know the aprox dossage in humans,
  12. #12 23rd June 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sithlord View Post
    Hi all,

So it turns out that the target compound YKL-06-061 is crazy expensive at the moment. The cheapest source is quoting US$4500 for 10 grams!

The only way we could realistically do this is if 10 of us club together at $450 each to get hold of a gram of the product each for initial testing.

But 1 gram would only make 50ml of the desired lotion, so this would be like a bottle of very expensive face cream that would tan your face through the summer without UV.

Of course it's possible that the substance might work at a lower concentration, which would mean a greater volume of lotion for the price, but we'd have to test this through personal experiments.

Sorry it wasn't better news folks, maybe it will come down in price as more research is done.

Anyone who is still interested, let me know. For the record, I'd be willing to sink in $450 to take a 10th and see if it works.
    $450 is doable. I'd like to know more. I wonder if they'd be able to put this in a "booth" type sprayer in the future, where one could walk in and come out with a real tan. They do that with spray on tans now

That would be a billion dollar product.
  13. #13 24th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by firedan5415 View Post
    $450 is doable. I'd like to know more. I wonder if they'd be able to put this in a "booth" type sprayer in the future, where one could walk in and come out with a real tan. They do that with spray on tans now

That would be a billion dollar product.
    Firedan could you send me a PM with your email, I tried to PM you, but the site won't let me as I'm too new to the forum.

Thanks
  14. #14 31st July 2017 
    Thanks
    This is a breakthrough compound, but the price is just too steep, and I'm not even cheap with skincare. At $450 per gram, that'll only be sufficient for a 2 oz. solution and it is to be dissolved in ethanol and propylene glycol as in the study so it can penetrate through the skin, making the solution exactly like water. Watery solutions aren't going to last long as a gel-based solution could, so I can't imagine 2 oz. lasting an entire summer, even if it's just used on the face. If the price drops to about a 100 per gram, that'll still be quite expensive, but much more reasonable.

Good luck to anyone who takes part in this experiment, though! The results were amazing in the study, so I can only imagine great results for all who try. Really excited for you guys!
  15. #15 31st July 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sithlord View Post
    Hi all,

Do you know how many grams would be required to achieve tan all over the body?
  16. #16 9th August 2017 
    Thanks
    Are you still looking for people to share 10 grams? If so I'd be in.
  17. #17 10th August 2018 
    Thanks

1.25 g sample, with test of its molecular weight

Quote Originally Posted by lmanja View Post
    Are you still looking for people to share 10 grams? If so I'd be in.
    Hi All
    I have a 1.25 g sample of Ykl-06-061 (molecular weight was tested, so it is the correct compound). Would sell it for USD 625 (price is negotiable). Let me know if you're interested.