• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 21st December 2014 
    Thanks

Well, I finally tried Melanotan too!

I've been using Bremelanotide (PT-141) for a while but I'd not used MT-2. I've not been too bothered about getting a tan beyond what little comes naturally, though I think I did get a bit more for using PT-141 this summer. But hanging out here my curiousity got the better of me and I thought I would give Melanotan 2 a try.

As there is no sun at this time of the year, I have been going to a tanning studio too (another new experience for me). I've been doing relatively short times once a week, but been giving myself 0.5mg Melanotan just before going to the studio.

I do not have any nausea or flushing with PT-141 and the same is been true for MT-2, though 0.5mg is small compared with my PT-141 dosing of 1.5-1.75mg, but perhaps my ramping up PT-141 over time has meant I don't suffer MT-2 side effects? I don't read much of anyone using both PT-141 and MT-2 concurrently.

As for results, after a few of weeks, nothing spectactular but it's definitely taking effect. Having a bit of color at this time of the year does improve my feeling of well-being, so I think I will carry on with this a while longer.
  2. #2 22nd December 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Well, I finally tried Melanotan too!

Glad to hear you're having a positive experience so far. I can imagine that you're dosing of PT-141 may of prepared your body to face something similar. What is your skin type? .5mg could make you quite dark if your a high 2 or 3.
  3. #3 22nd December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Good stuff, thank you for sharing rh - please update with new experiences as they come* 8)
  4. #4 22nd December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Glad to hear you're having a positive experience so far. I can imagine that you're dosing of PT-141 may of prepared your body to face something similar. What is your skin type? .5mg could make you quite dark if your a high 2 or 3.
    "

My skin type is borderline 1-2. My feeling so far is with weekly doses and weekly uv exposure of less than 9 mins (along with my fair skin type) is that I'll get dark quite slowly and so will be able to back off before it starts to go too far.

At the moment I can tell that I have a slight tan, but I don't think anyone else would see it yet!
  5. #5 22nd December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    Good stuff, thank you for sharing rh - please update with new experiences as they come* 8)
    "

Yes I will. I have a question @Melanotan.......

To measure my progress (and protection against those areas getting too dark) I wear speedos in the sun bed so that I will have tan lines to measure against. But I think I have read somewhere that with MT-2 even areas that are not exposed to uv get darker (and so you lose your tan lines). Is that right? Thanks.
  6. #6 22nd December 2014 
    Thanks

"
    "
    "

To measure my progress (and protection against those areas getting too dark) I wear speedos in the sun bed so that I will have tan lines to measure against. But I think I have read somewhere that with MT-2 even areas that are not exposed to uv get darker (and so you lose your tan lines). Is that right? Thanks.
    "

Not entirely true, though not entirely false either. Area's of the body that aren't tan may gain a more olive complexion if dosing high enough. However, it should be said that alot of light t-shirts don't completely block UV rays so it is possible to gain a tan while wearing a shirt the same way you could get sunburnt with a shirt as well. However, speedo's typically use a dual layer of fabric so it's unlikely that any UV rays will be able to penetrate.
  7. #7 23rd December 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"

"
    Definitely use photographs to measure progress. In my experience, I utilized sunbeds for the initial few years experimenting with melanotan peptides. Thereafter (better part of a decade now) I have not tanned in a salon or in the buff...no tan lines have been present on me. I do take the position that tan lines should fade given enough photo-therapy on melanocortins (although I admit I am unsure whether my results are unique to skin type 1, great subject matter for fresh topic).
  8. #8 13th January 2015 
    Thanks

I'm still going with the regime described earlier in this thread and am only part way through my first vial. I'm getting slightly golden brown, apart from where my trunks go. I did not expect the golden tone as usually my most tanned part (belly) gets a light dirty brown at the end of summer and I thought I would go like that all over. I've had no problems at all so far. Some of my freckles are a bit darker than they got with sun exposure but are not more than mid-brown, so they don't stand out to anyone other than me.
  9. #9 22nd January 2015 
    Thanks

I think the effect is now becoming visible to others - I've been complimented on my nice/healthy color twice in the last week. Cool!* 8)

Typo corrected.