• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 29th October 2015 
    Thanks

stress and performance

I'm looking for your opinions on what would make a good supplement (or stack) to ease someones nerves while enhancing performance. Imagine a 18 year about to compete in his sport feeling overly nervous. Something to help his nerves without inhibiting his performance.
  2. #2 29th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Firstly, lay off of ANY stimulants.
  3. #3 29th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Try Meditation. Find a good hypnotherapist who can help you to self-hypnotise or meditate.
    I found it to be very effective in not only calming myself prior to a major sporting event but also to focus on my performance goals.
  4. #4 29th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I think generally the issue will be solved by just competing more.
  5. #5 29th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I agree about laying off the stims. It would be great if there were some safe chemical that could give you peace without any cons, but that's just not possible. Everything has multiple effects on the human body. I think a better route would be seeking support from friends, having regular therapy sessions (of course this isn't possible for everyone due to cost concerns or anxiety over the therapy itself), or even taking a half hour or so before the event to listen to music, read a book, watch a favorite show, or do something that requires precise motor skills, such as crafts, to distract and help the brain hone in on something.
  6. #6 12th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes, stay away from stims! It will affect your performance and we don't really know how until the moment you compete. Get rid of stress naturally, instead. And yes, meditation is a great way to deal with it. It strengthens the mind and will make you calm your nerves.