Peptide-Guide:* Melanotan One (M-I) Instruction

[b]Melanotan One, Scenesse, Afamelanotide (M-I) Dosing]

Light]Common:* 1mg
Large]
Melanotan is a synthetic version of melanocyte stimulating hormone (a-MSH).* Afamelanotide has been shown to induce skin pigmentation through melanogenisis subsequently reducing sun damage to UV exposed skin.

""
Amino acid sequence]
Melanotan One is a selective agonist of the MC1R (melanocortin 1 receptor) and does not have aphrodisiac effects.

Melanotan One will require 8-10x the dosage to see results (as compared to Melanotan 2).

Administration of Research Melanotan
Safe and controlled administration of Afamelanotide for research is done much like that of Melanotan 2.* Melanotan One offered as a peptide in a multi-dose sterile vial is desirable.* Implants, nasal sprays and pills are not applicable at the present time.

The Melanotan Cycle
With peptides you are in control of your dose (as compared to having an implant controlling dosage)
Allow a couple weeks before seeing UV exposure.* Sunburn is to be avoided.

Example-* Skin type II, 180lb male
Day 1-2]Day 3-6:* 1mg when convenient
Day 7-10]Day 11 on forward:* begin dosing ~6mg/week

Day 7]Day 9:* 10min sun bed session.* Allow face some rays and obviously continue to use lotion liberally.
Day 11]
Dosing According to Skin Type

Fitzpatrick Skin Type I]Fitzpatrick Skin Type II:* .75mg-1.5mg/day.* 60mg should be sufficient to get color.* UV exposure after 10-20mg
Fitzpatrick Skin Type III]Fitzpatrick Skin Type IV and beyond:* Do not use Melanotan

Melanotan has a very brief half life (minutes).* The melanin precursors and activated melanocytes last for months.
Missing a dose or taking time off is just fine.* Intermittent therapy, lasting 10 days (skin type III) to 6 months (skin type I) is typical for researchers.

Melanotan can develop a protective tan in users.* A natural tan is developed in response to cell damage caused by UV radiation.* Ultraviolet rays penetrate the upper layers of the skin, triggering a-MSH, stimulating melanin production.* Melanin deposits act as a natural sunblock at the cellular level.* When melanin is oxidized by UV light it darkens, yielding a change in skin tone.* Melanotan injections may offer a way to bring upon a safe, cosmetic tan with less damage.Reconstitution
Swab the stopper of both your M-I vial and the vial of the dilutent (bacteriostatic water) with an alcohol swab.

Take a syringe and draw up your bact water. The amount isn't critical, other than making sure you know exactly how much you have used. The best rule of thumb is choose an amount that will make measuring the final product easy.

Example- 2ml(cc) per 20mg vial of M-I would mean each 10 marks on a U100 insulin syringe would equal 1mg of Melanotan (M-I)
Example- 1ml(cc) per 10mg vial of M-I would mean each 10 marks on a U100 insulin syringe would equal 1mg of Melanotan (M-I)

Avoid shooting the dilutent directly on the lyophilized powder.* The powder should almost instantly dissolve.* Gently swirl until the liquid is clear if powder did not dissolve upon contact.

Store your unused M-I in the refrigerator.* Once reconstituted, the Melanotan should be good for 4-6 weeks in the refrigerator.

Measuring
After successfully reconstituting your peptide, now measure the desired amount out for injection. You will want to use a U100 insulin syringe to draw out your M-I.

Since you know the amount of mg's in your M-I vial, and you also know how much water you have diluted it with, we just divide this out as follows]Note:* 1ml = 1cc = 100 IU's

So we take our number of mg's of Melanotan and we divide that into the amount of dilutent we used.

Example- We used 2cc(ml) of water. We have a 20mg vial of M-I.
From our formula above we know that 1cc = 100 IU's, so we have 200 IU's of water.
We now divide the 200 IU's (the amount of our water) by 20mg (the amount of our M-I)

200 IU / 20mg = 10

This 10 will perfectly correspond with the markings on a U100 insulin syringe. In our example every 10 increments (1/10th of the syringe) on our syringe will equal 1mg of M-I.

Melanotan is injected subcutaneously.* Melanotan is still undergoing clinical trials and is not approved.* People use on the pretenses and understanding that it is for research purposes only.* Users who administer subcutaneously may suffer from slight nausea and flushing similar to that of Melanotan II; however, it is not reported to be as severe.