• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 20th September 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Melanotan 1 Survey

Questions and answers about Melanotan 1 in the Melanotan Peptides Survey by Atomic Man. These are my responses to PT-141 survey as a 30 yr old married skin type 1 caucasian male residing in the USA.

MELANOTAN-1 QUESTIONS

Have you ever used Melanotan-1?
    A]
    If so, why? What was your experience with it?

A]

Fortunately my prediction become true and I was able to see value from subcutaneous injections of MT-1. Experimenting with a 20mg Melanotan I custom peptide synthesis the idea was to emulate the 16mg implant results in skin type 2 patients. Given my fairness and sensitivity to sun/tanning I found .5mg-2mg Melanotan 1 dosages for a few months or the season to be effective.

My best advice to those with healthy skin types planning to use tanning peptides is to start with MT-1. Mt-1 is great for those who do not seek the libido increase, appetite decrease and sides from MT-2. Unfortunately sale of MT-1 can be difficult to find from your local supplier as I understand MT-2 out sells MT-1 100]
    How long did you use it (a week, a month, a year)?

For weeks and months at a time...before going back to Melanotan 2. Between the Texas sun, my genetics and the annual peptide budget, I prefer low dosing of durable MT-2. MT-2 should about eliminate occurrences of sunburn & dramatically lessen erythema (redness) in candidates like myself.

How often did you take it? What dosage did you use?

I found it was beneficial to dose low on the onset (as with Melanotan II), dosing upwards of 2mg/daily for photo-protection/tanning. Side effects and sensitivity to the melanocortin agonist peptide are mild compared to Melanotan 2 (too which the body will rapidly desensitize to after repeated administration).

What side effects (such as nausea or other effects) did you experience?

Majority of my experiences with MT-1 were that it was side effect free. In rare instances nausea was a side effect which was mild and briefly noticed, quickly passing.

How bad were the side effects of Melanotan-I?
    Not bad.

Are you still using it?

No

Did it give you a tan?
    Yes

Did it affect your freckles or give you more moles or change the appearance of any moles?

No, I count my blessings as my beauty marks/sun damage is minimal and unchanging. Any undesirable moles I had my dermatologist and/or plastic surgeon removed.... Further, as a MT-2 user, I had already experienced the (high stress) dramatic pigment change.

Did you experience a sexual effect from it? If so, please explain.

Hardly, any sexual effect or benefit from this targeted melanocortin peptide must be highly difficult to measure.

If you experienced a sexual effect from it, how intense was this effect?
    If only I was able to A/B test bw my natural skin type 1 self vs myself with melanin...?

---
    Hopeful some of the off the cuff thoughts open up discussion, thanks melanotanforum!
  2. #2 20th September 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Melanotan 1 Survey

Are these your answers to the questions?

You seem very fond of MT1, but noticed you're using MT2 now - what was your main reason for switching over?

I'd also second the 100]

Tom
  3. #3 21st September 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes indeed, these are my responses to the survey questions. I do have love for Melanotan 1, however it's been a little while since last use. With small children around now there are not many holidays/events where I would find it beneficial. MT-2 suits my needs better these days as it's cheaper, more effective and durable enough to use 1 or 2 vials annually.
  4. #4 3rd October 2014 
    Thanks

This intriguing report in reply to my survey deserves to be applauded for its candor and openness. The observation about a "Melanotan I custom peptide synthesis" was especially amazing. How many of us are able to accomplish that, I wonder! In the future I envision people being able to do this on their own, but I cannot envision what the laboratory must look like where you can manufacture it at home. I would love to see that.