• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 28th January 2014 
    Thanks

My Melanotan 2 Nasal Spray Experiment

About 2 weeks ago I started an experiment with MT-2 nasal spray and I'll put my ongoing experience with it on here--as there really isn't any good information out there about it that I've found.

Motivation

I've done 2 month-long cycles of subcutaneous MT-2, so I have a baseline of experience. I'm a family man and I'm not thrilled about having syringes in the house. My wife hates the idea of me injecting myself and I don't like having to hide it from her. Also, I'm heading to the Caribbean in 5 weeks and I'd love to continue MT-2 while I'm there. Lastly, and equally as important--I wanted to experiment and see how well it worked.

Method

I bought a bottle of Rhinaris nasal mist. It's 300 metered doses and 30ml. I put 1ml of bacteriostatic water into a 10mg vial of MT-2 with a syringe to reconstitute the peptide and then ejected it into the nasal spray container. I now had 31ml of fluid, which makes 310 metered doses at 31mcg of MT-2 per single spray. Easy math. I store the bottle in the fridge, of course.

I'm very sensitive to MT-2 so I dose low and expose to UV more often. When injecting I'd do probably about 150mcg per day (after I worked up to that dose). I know exactly what 150mcg feels like in my body--slightly sick for about an hour. 200mcg makes me quite sick for much longer and 100 mcg really doesn't make me feel anything at all. So, I had a good baseline of potency--trying to figure out the absorption through mucus membranes in comparison to injecting.

I've found that about 10 sprays a day (320mcg) feels like 150mcg of subcutaneous. So, about 213%. I've also found that if I do 6 sprays at once it doesn't make me feel much more effect than if I do 4--probably due to loss of the solution down the back of my throat. I've concluded that I'm best off dividing it over the day into 2, 3 or 4 sprays at a time.

Early Results

One of the positives of the spray, for me, is I don't get that immediate kick of being sick--the stomach cramping. So, it's a bit easier in that regard. I also like how easy it is to just be able to do 3 or 4 quick sprays and I'm on my way.

I've tanned 4 times at the salon now and, early on, the result is looking identical to when I was injecting. I pre-loaded for about 10 days before my first UV and I've noticed that my skin's tolerance to UV is way way up. I've moved up a minute in the stand-up bed each time, have a darker tan line each time and my skin hasn't even flushed at all yet. After 4 sessions I'm already at 5 minutes in a 7 minute max bed. Knowing my skin and my body, that's significant.

Negatives

The only negative that I can think of is the fact that I'll be using twice as much MT-2. That's not an issue for me. I pay about 20 bucks for 10mg so I don't care. Plus I dose low. If a person didn't like UV exposure and was used to dosing 500mcg and upwards to 10mg (already expensive), doubling the cost wouldn't thrill them, I'm sure.

Conclusion

I'll keep posting my ongoing experience. I'm quite thrilled about taking a nasal spray bottle with me on holidays and coming back with an epic tan. I'm not worried about the solution being unrefrigerated for a day or so. I've read many accounts of people leaving a mixed vial of MT-2 in their desk for weeks unrefrigerated, to find that it still had the same potency--not that I would ever do this (especially for the subcutaneous dosing).

I hope my experience helps someone. Like I said, I scoured the internet and found next to nothing on the subject. 99% of the time when it comes up it's just a thread full of people posting, "don't be a chicken ... just stick yourself".
  2. The Following User Says Thank You to mt-anon-5000 For This Useful Post:

sweetniko1 (19th August 2016)

3. #2 29th January 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: My Melanotan 2 Nasal Spray Experiment

We went through a similar process 18/24 months ago as there was little info on how effective nasal administration was in comparison to subQ.

We came to the conclusion that nasal administration was approx 50% as effective.

The main problem for us though was a getting a nasal spray bottle that would accurately dispense a consistent amount. So the ones that we were using / and still use, make it a little more difficult to dose correctly.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to peptideguru For This Useful Post:

5. #3 29th January 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Love it, thank you very much mt-anon-5000 - highly appreciative of legitimate mt2 nasal spray reviews
    Amazed to hear how comparable the nasal spray vs. subcutaneous injection is working, very insightful* 8)

Years prior, I bailed on my nasal spray experiments - could not commit to administering melanocortins up the nose - felt carefully metering dosage for potent peptide molecules was best routed by the insulin syringe - illegal suppliers selling the inhalation kit(s) don't last long, sad the DIY method muddles the results/message

You're a good man, sorry to hear about the judgement(s) & heat from the better half. Look forward to hearing of your results while on vacation!

Is there noticeable irritation from the nasal administration? Going forward would you again reconstitute your mt-2 w/ bacteriostatic water (vs saline)? Is refrigeration needed, what is the expected/anticipated shelf life?

6. #4 29th January 2014 
    Thanks

Because I'm not preparing to sell I'm not bothered if there's 310 sprays in my bottle or 320. In the end, even when dosing sub-q, it's never exact anyway--dealing with such tiny doses.

About the carefully metered doses ... in my experience I can't say that when I injected 150 mcg that it was exactly 150. It was probably often between 130 and 170. Furthermore, the ticks on a slin aren't exact science either. So, I'm totally cool with the variation in dosing and feel that it's probably more exact nasally than by injection--for me.

I have absolutely no irritation of the mucus membrane or nasal cavity at all.

I reconstituted with bacteriostatic water out of habit. I don't see any reason why you couldn't pull some of the saline out and use that, and then eject it back into the spray bottle.

For shelf-life,* there's a lot of information on that on the internet from people more qualified to talk about it than me. I do refrigerate, because that's part of the accepted protocol with MT-2. For me, I'm not worried if it's not in the fridge for a day or 2 travelling at all, and I wouldn't be stressed to continue to use it for a couple of months. Again, that's just my feeling.

Lastly, most of what I'm talking about is anecdotal, so I'm going to stay away from science questions. The legitimacy of the spray, in my opinion, is measured by results ... of which I've found have paralleled my sub-q experience with MT-2, with the exception that I'm using a different vehicle to administer it. So, if you prefer sniffing over shooting, and can tolerate using about twice as much MT-2, in my opinion it's a win.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mt-anon-5000 For This Useful Post:

8. #5 29th January 2014 
    Thanks

just a question, the Rhinaris nasal mist you are talking about do you use the orginal substance in the spray (dont know if there are any medical solution inside or just aqua? ) or change it all with bac water ?*

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cees For This Useful Post:

10. #6 29th January 2014 
    Thanks

The original solution ... it's easy on the mucus membranes and bacteriostatic. It's this - http://www.pendopharm.com/rhinaris-nasal-mist/

If you removed the solution and put pure water in it would burn like crazy. Your body is quite saline and when the water came into contact with your mucus membrane the cells will over-fill with water (through osmosis) trying to get saline stasis with the external water. The cells start to burst, and thus...the pain. To nutshell...stick with the solution in the spray.*
  11. The Following User Says Thank You to mt-anon-5000 For This Useful Post:

12. #7 29th January 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Melanotan 2 Nasal Spray Experiment

Fantastic information, thank you again mt-anon - makes me want to revisit the nasal route - please update w/ any new tricks of the trade as they come* 8)
  13. #8 29th January 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks man. For sure.
  14. #9 3rd February 2014 
    Thanks

I've had 5 tanning sessions now and a bit less than 3 weeks in (with 10 days of loading). My tan is really starting to show, my facial hair is starting to darken, and my freckles have all darkened about as much as they will darken. Still sticking to about 320mcg, which is about equivalent to 160mcg of sub-q--and I feel no need to dose higher.

I'm going to start covering my face with a t-shirt in the stand-up booth, as face tans faster and I don't want my tan to be ridiculously obvious before I leave on vacation in a month. At this point, I can't imagine ever using a syringe again.
  15. The Following User Says Thank You to mt-anon-5000 For This Useful Post:

16. #10 3rd February 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks for sharing! i will try to find that spray as this is a great method for holidays
    does anybody knows where i can buy the Rhinaris nasal mist in the EU ? or any alternatives brands ?
  17. #11 3rd February 2014 
    Thanks

What I did was find a saline spray that had (1) metered doses and (2) a screw-on top. The Rhinaris just happened to be the first one that I found. It had a sealed bottle of the saline with a regular lid--you open the lid, pull off the seal and then screw on the included spray top. Super easy.
  18. #12 4th February 2014 
    Thanks

SO, just buy a bottle of saline nose spray, inject the 10mg of MT2, and 1 spray? How much is one spray? And the all important ? for me is...any nausea?
  19. #13 4th February 2014 
    Thanks

It all depends on how many sprays are in the bottle. If there are 100 sprays in the bottle and you put in 10mg, then you divide 10mg by 100 sprays... .1mg or 100mcg. That means 100mcg per spray. If there are 300 sprays then it's 33mcg per spray.

I'm afraid to say you're going to have to bust out the grade 3 math here.*

If you have nausea (like me) you will still have nausea. The same as sub-q, it's dose dependent...the more you dose the worse the nausea. However, all things being equal, I've noticed less nausea at an equal dose--probably because the absorption is much slower. Also remember, 200mcg in a spray is roughly equal to 100mcg sub-q.
  20. #14 4th February 2014 
    Thanks

I've tried the spray on 20 mgs a week, formulated it as described here and it didn't work at all for me.
  21. #15 4th February 2014 
    Thanks

How many sprays per day? How many sprays at a time? How much mt-2 per spray? How long between dosing times? How many weeks? How much UV exposure? What's your baseline experience with sub-q mt-2 (weeks, dose, uv)? As you've done this before you know how important these questions are for your experience to be considered with validity.
  22. #16 4th February 2014 
    Thanks

"
    How many sprays per day? How many sprays at a time? How much mt-2 per spray? How long between dosing times? How many weeks? How much UV exposure? What's your baseline experience with sub-q mt-2 (weeks, dose, uv)? As you've done this before you know how important these questions are for your experience to be considered with validity.
    "

I've done it for two months, 4 sprays a day equalling almost 3-4 mg. I had no hair darkening which was for me the indicator that it didn't work. I know how much I need to get my hair darker and I don't think we have to come up with stories like: only the injections darken hair, with a nasal spray it's only meant for skin darkening. If it works, it works and if you need twice or three times as much you should get the same results.
  23. #17 4th February 2014 
    Thanks

Okay, I'm going to give you a big dose of bro science here...

In your case I think there is a combination of things going on that render it ineffective for people like you. I'm going to guess that you have a high tolerance to MT-2, for starters, requiring you to dose higher. Secondly, I believe that the nasal spray protocol really only works for low dosers, like me. Let me explain...

If a person is dosing very high they're doing it one of 3 ways ... they're either doing it with (1) a higher concentration of MT-2 and less sprays,* (2) a lower concentration of MT-2 but large volume sprays (lots of saline) or (3) low concentration/small sprays/ but many many times during the day.

I'm going to theorize that neither 1 or 2 option work. The molecule is too large to really be effective for mucus membrane absorption in both these options. In option one you're overwhelming what the membrane can absorb with far too many molecules and once mucus production starts to accelerate the vast majority of the mega dose disappears down the back of your throat. In option 2 (even worse) your putting so much liquid in your nose that it just drains down the back of your throat. Both ways there's not enough MT-2 crossing the mucosal barrier.

The third way creates the ideal scenario because there's not too much solution and it stays put on the mucus membrane and the concentration isn't too high so that too much of it gets wasted. So, for a megadoser, like you, the only way would be to have a weak solution and tiny volume sprays and do them constantly throughout the day--not really practical.

I think that nasal spray only really works well for light dosers, with low concentration/low volume sprays (like exactly in my protocol). There's no doubt that, for me, it's working equally effectively as sub-q ... albeit, with twice the peptide--beard turning dark, etc.

Final note: if anyone thinks that they need to be dosing 2.8mg/day in their nasal spray that's your clue that it's not for you, for starters. Please don't be offended by me saying that, Djen...that's not intended as a slight for you but for others who are considering the same thing.
  24. #18 4th February 2014 
    Thanks

Thanks for sharing great information
  25. #19 5th February 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Melanotan 2 Nasal Spray Experiment

"
    Thanks for sharing great information
    "
    x2, very interesting - thanks for taking the time mt-anon-5000
  26. #20 10th February 2014 
    Thanks

I am a newbie and scared to death to inject.* I think I am going to try the nasal spray with MT1.* I am going to try MT1 because the fear of the side affects of MT2.* I have no problem waiting the extra time for results.

I am a type 1, 110lb female.* What dosing exactly would you recommend that I do?

As I said, I am new to this and could use all of the guidance/ advise that I can get.

Thanks so much!