• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 16th October 2012 
    Thanks

Does anyone care about anti-aging? Worried...

I want to start Melanotan as I have very light skin and feel I look better with a bronzed tan (2-3 shades darker). I think I'll be a light Type II because I may be very light (a shade above porcelain) due to my Russian side, but I'm also part Sicilian and Middle Eastern so I get a deep, deep tan easily if I'm out all the time in the summer. Due to the lightness though, I always burn noticeably the first time like practically all pale people do Now that I know about how damaging and premature aging UV light can be, I've become a sunscreen nut (supplement with vit. d) and miss how much better I looked with a tan. I heard Melanotan was a SUNLESS tanner that produces your own melanin so you get a totally authentic tan. "Bingo!" I thought, but now I'm reading you need constant UV light to trigger the process...? If most people *do* need the UV light to start the process, is it still needed to maintain the tan once you are happy with the color, or must the UV light be constant?

I also just want to make a friendly warning to the Melanotan users to watch their sun exposure! I've been frequenting Melanotan forums to learn about the peptide and it seems it is turning people into UVA solarium/tanning bed addicts! I'm thinking "Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of Melanotan?". It seems people aren't watching their UVA exposure...As a prudent individual, I urge people to find AT LEAST 50% *UVB* beds since the UVA rays are the main culprit of skin aging ... most tanning beds are totally UVA!

Just anyone have any advice/experiences to share on how to use Melanotan safetly without accumulating UV skin damage? Perhaps you agree with my warning, disagree ... ?
  2. #2 16th October 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Do Melanotan forum members care about anti-aging?

"
    I want to start Melanotan as I have very light skin and feel I look better with a bronzed tan (2-3 shades darker). I think I'll be a light Type II because I may be very light (a shade above porcelain) due to my Russian side, but I'm also part Sicilian and Middle Eastern so I get a deep, deep tan easily if I'm out all the time in the summer. Due to the lightness though, I always burn noticeably the first time like practically all pale people do ]
    I also just want to make a friendly warning to the Melanotan users to watch their sun exposure! I've been frequenting Melanotan forums to learn about the peptide and it seems it is turning people into UVA solarium/tanning bed addicts! I'm thinking "Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of Melanotan?". It seems people aren't watching their UVA exposure...As a prudent individual, I urge people to find AT LEAST 50% *UVB* beds since the UVA rays are the main culprit of skin aging ... most tanning beds are totally UVA!

Just anyone have any advice/experiences to share on how to use Melanotan safetly without accumulating UV skin damage? Perhaps you agree with my warning, disagree ... ?
    "
    I thank you for the passionate topic genagena - Happy you seek to gain further clarity on your skin type, genetics and photo-sensitivity
    For many, the conclusion that sunburn equates to long-term damage...has been long established (counter to media-hype/misinformation/journalism) - mission statement and goal of this site is of course to protect the skin, genes and gain all the cosmetic advantages of photo-protective skin (if that's something beautiful and of priority, we indeed are on the wavelength)
    Drive-by media conclusions are dangerous - synthetic potent melanocortin agonist analogs (intended to tan/protect skin that cannot protect itself...without significant damage..) are novel products to look out for in the future of biotech/science (skin care, cancer prevention, etc)
    Reality is that once your body has real pigment (not disgusting temporary sunless tanning products applied to the dermis)...tanning is removed from the equation (and sunscreen/other protection priorities should intensify accordingly) - but yes, speaking out of both sides of my mouth a little I will share with you that overall melanotans are poor sunless tanners - they are great to tan w/ LESS sun...if that jives
    As a prudent administrator I would point out genagena is the sole member providing a public service announcement for fall 2012...as of course there will always be fools who abuse, and viewers here (hopefully) visit because the content here shares passionate safe-user advocacy (as compared to a face-less fraud shilling false purity claims and hype to target the melanotan keyword)
    Well wishes your way Gena - best advice to not use until years of analysis is under your belt - melanotan peptides are serious products requiring respect/understanding/extreme diligence
    Look forward to continuing a dialogue & thanks again