• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 25th September 2012 
    Thanks

Melanotan and medications

Hi I’m new to here so I will try to keep this* of moderate length. Some back ground on* us (wife and me)* were in our mid 60’s and we are thinking of trying MELANOTAN 2 as we* don’t have the spare time to get and maintain a good tan, I’m a high end type 2 and the wife is a low end* type 2* we have chosen the MELANOTAN 2* not only for the tanning side but the libido enhancement cant hurt at our age. The question we have* is* are there any known medicine interactions* we both are on lisinopril* me on 20mg a day and the wife on 5mg a day , I also take 400mg of synthroid and 300 mg of aloperidol, look on the internet and could find no info on drug interaction for M2 . We both have a fair tan now but we want to maintain it,
    So if we choose to use M2 would we require* a constant dose or just go into maintenance mode right away?
    If we do* take a daily injection would it be the .025mg or a lower dosage?
    And is age a inherent draw back for using M2?

Thanks* for reading hope my ramblings make sense Jim c.
  2. #2 26th September 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: melanotan mt-2 and medication interactions

Hey Jim, best to you and the mrs - interested to hear where/how your research goes*
    In your scenario I do believe 100-250mcg mt2 dosages would be appropriate for the tanning effect - if tolerable, increasing dosage* upward to 500mcg-1000mcg is the zone for the praiseworthy aphrodisiac experiences. Risks I'd be most concerned with are overall skin health/condition & of course the blood pressure (careful measured doses of melanotan should not effect bp - stress & anxiety-prone researchers often don't mix well....)
  3. #3 27th September 2012 
    Thanks

Re: melanotan and medications

Thanks
    Our overall health is good* we lead a active life style . the lisinopril* is a BP med but with the dose we that the BP runs* well in the safe zone usually* less than 120 /70, skin condition is good a few moles and age spots (would* the MT2 darken them ?) and I have some skin damage from welding flash burns on my upper chest* and neck.
    The 250 dose* will it produce a really dark tan(not looking to have a Latin look) as the libido from what I have found that the 250* produces spontaneous errictions in* 75% plus in most test groups not looking to be 20 years old again.
    Have not found and reliable information yet on interactions of MT2 but found some info on MT1 there was a warning on caffeine* and a few drugs none of which we take though we do take a variety of supplements* which I don’t preseve as a problem , the only other* was a warning* that applies to any thing that you could inject into your body and that was of a very slight chance of anaphylactic shock .
    The other thing I would ask is bac water the best reconstructing* liquid or would D5W* Ringers or normal saline be better?
    Jim c.

4. #4 29th September 2012 
    Thanks

me again
    hate to be a pain* but i have found too many dose charts* so could you explain one more time* the delution* amount in a 10 mg* vial and the amount to draw to get a .025* injection.
    also i have found warnings about* a filler used* by some companys called MANNITOL any thoughts on that item?
    jim c
  5. #5 30th September 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    me again
    hate to be a pain* but i have found too many dose charts* so could you explain one more time* the delution* amount in a 10 mg* vial and the amount to draw to get a .025* injection.
    also i have found warnings about* a filler used* by some companys called MANNITOL any thoughts on that item?
    jim c
    "
    absolutely understandable - happy to provide further details
    A scumbag who has minimal credibility about melanotan peptides attempts to market via hype/fear/inaccuracy (in hopes to gain publicity) - rest assured that there is nobody (and has never) and no company ever placed filler-based melanotan products on the market (makes zero sense and has no correlation with mis-use of the product)

How to dilute 10mg MT-2 (with help from peptide calc)]1ml syringe
    10mg MT-2
    2ml bacteristatic water (or sodium chloride/etc)
    250mcg dose is at 5 units (very small!) on the 100 unit insulin syringe
  6. #6 1st October 2012 
    Thanks

thanks again for the dose , also ansered my own questions about using* iv type* solutions to delute with and found that normal saline* would be the only one to use , the other question i have come up with would a maintance dose* of five* .01 injections spaces like every two days apart would* be better than two of .025 . IHMO it would give yopu less side affects* at the lower dose plus your body would* stay more ajusted to the MT2, am I off the wall or would this be correct ?
    jim c
  7. #7 1st October 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

you got it Jim, you're correct & I support/follow your theory - look forward to your success story - good luck!
  8. #8 15th October 2012 
    Thanks

got the MT2* but unable to lokate the bac. water to reconstute* localy found it* in phoniex just a mere 150 miles away , i have found normal salien and* think it should work , am i correct on this ?
    jim
  9. #9 15th October 2012 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    got the MT2* but unable to lokate the bac. water to reconstute* localy found it* in phoniex just a mere 150 miles away , i have found normal salien and* think it should work , am i correct on this ?
    jim
    "
    Most worldwide (peptide users/shoppers) do not find bac water local - USA has Rx only status (how infuriating/ridiculous...) and vendors have been out of stock for months on end, with no re-stock expected for the foreseeable future (eta spring 2013 maybe, who knows, it's sad/shocking...how easy is it to filtered distilled water with benzyl alcohol into a sealed sterile vial...how dare and/or WTF was the issue with Hospira and the FDA in 2012...ugh). I would only consider alternatives to reconstitute my melanotan peptides: bac sodium chloride, vitamin b12 for injection - if in a third-world country/bind/if forced to, sterile water is a hassle/painful/weak substitute for short-term preservation (sometimes best to pre-load and freeze those injects).* All that said (you're right), there are boneheads who use eye-solutions, tap water, or whatever the (drive-by) media highlights (sharing needles too, lol).