• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 7th July 2017 
    Thanks

SARMS noob - looking for advice / a few SARM and MK-677 questions

Good evening all, and as this is my first post hi!!

I'm after a bit of advice and help. I have been getting conflicting information everywhere else I look ref SARMS and am hoping that some of it can be cleared up here by people with first hand knowledge....

I am 28, 6'0", 12 stone and gym religiously yet I struggle to put on any more weight or size. I have decent definition but my main goal is to gain lean muscle mass and a little strength. Ideally I would like to be 14/15 stone. For one reason or another I have decided that SARMS is the way forward to help me reach my gym goals (roids are a big no no for me).

I want something that won't effect fertility, has no risks to my heart, liver etc and isn't a suppressant. Something that is relatively risk/side effect free would also be ideal (I know I know we can't have it all).

As a result of my research I have been looking at MK-677. I initially was going to run it for 8 weeks on, 4 weeks off and then repeat. I have heard from some sources that cycling like this is ideal, and from others that it needs to be run for in excess of 6 months. Who is right?

I have also heard that running a PCT is a necessity if MK-677 is run for any period of time, and I've also heard it isn't needed. Which is correct?

I have since been told that Hydroxybol would be best for me although there seems to be very limited info regarding this and I think it effects your heart and liver. So possibly not ideal. Is there a different SARM that I should be looking at using on it's own?

Anything I should be aware of with these sort of SARMS (ie side effects)?

Is there any benefit of running a natural test booster such as Testofuel with SARMS?

Any pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks all
  2. #2 7th July 2017 
    Thanks
    I also read about HGH bleed on MK-677... Would 5 days on and 3 days off, cycling for 6 months or so prevent this?
  3. #3 10th July 2017 
    Thanks
    - First off, MK-677 is not a SARM. It is often lumped in with them but it has no effect on androgen receptors like SARMs do.
    - MK-677 needs to be run long-term to see the full benefits - think 6 months or longer.
    - It does not require PCT.
    - Side effects are primarily increased hunger, numbness in hands and water retention. Severity of sides is dependent on the dose and the individual.
    - I'm not familiar with 'Hydroxybol' but from a quick Google search it seems like a natural anabolic - some of these can work but they are often very expensive for minimal gains.
    - Standard MK-677 dosage is 25mg ED

Note that the above does NOT apply to true SARMs like Ostarine (MK-2866), Ligandrol (LGD-4033), Andarine (S4) etc. They are a different ball game entirely.
  4. #4 11th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Hi, mate and welcome to the forums!

MK-677 doesn't need to by cycled 8 weeks on 4 weeks off... You can take one week off every 2-3 months or so but one month off is not needed. The best results are achieved when MK-677 is used for at least 6 months. Personally, I like to cycle between MK-677+CJC1295 DAC and GHRP+Mod GRF1-29 every 3 months.

PCT is not required as MK-677 is growth hormone secretagogue, not SARM and it will not suppress your natural hormone levels, only increase them.

I have no idea what is hydroxybol.

Side effects from MK-677 include water retention, increased appetite, tingling in hands, CTS.`

As you are 28 years old, I think that you won't see any benefit from using that natural testosterone booster because your test levels should be in normal range. Natural testosterone boosters are good for men that are 40+ or for someone who has low testosterone levels but they won't work if your levels are normal.

Also, I recommend you to add CJC1295 DAC to your MK-677, they are synergetic and running them together will give you far better effects than running either one alone.
    I found that it is very easy to control water retention when I use 10-15mg of MK-677 and 3mg of CJC1295 DAC a week.
    Last edited by captainamerica; 11th July 2017 at 08:14 AM.
  5. #5 11th July 2017 
    Thanks
    MK-677 won't affect your fertility and as far as I know, it doesn't have any heart or livers risk, also, it doesn't suppress your natural hormones. MK-677 is not really side effect free because it does have a few side effects but they are mild and easily controllable. And as it is not suppressive, PCT is not required. You should take some time off every few months because, for me, the effects get weaker after some time of constant use, then I take a week or two off and continue using it.
  6. #6 11th July 2017 
    Thanks
    GH bleed is not a problem with MK-677 because it makes your body release more pulses throughout the day and amplifies those pulses but it doesn't release the Growth Hormone continuously. I posted a graph from a study I read about MK-677 on another thread some time ago, take a look if you are interested. https://researchpeptides.com/sarms/5993-using-mk-677-a-post43366.html#post43366

Also, you don't need to cycle it but it is recommended to take a month off after 6-7 months because your body becomes less sensitive to MK-677 after a while.

Hydroxybol is some prohormone? If yes, then it probably needs PCT and it is suppressive. I have no idea what kind of gains you would get from it because I've never used it but I don't think that they are worth it.
    Last edited by beastieboy; 11th July 2017 at 10:32 AM.
  7. #7 20th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Thanks for the advice and words of wisdom all... After lots more research I bit the bullet and bought some MK677.

More specifically I bought Muscle Rage's version which is called MK47.

This is my second week on it dosing at 20mg a day - I'm doing a 5 on 2 off rota. Apart from giving me bad gas and sleepless nights I don't seem to be having any of the positive effects... No increased appetite, no extra pump etc.

How long should I expect it to take before I have any noticeable difference in things like appetite?

Does anyone have any personal experience with this brand? Ie could it be a less effective mix?

Thanks again
  8. #8 21st July 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlBristol View Post
    Thanks for the advice and words of wisdom all... After lots more research I bit the bullet and bought some MK677.

More specifically I bought Muscle Rage's version which is called MK47.

This is my second week on it dosing at 20mg a day - I'm doing a 5 on 2 off rota. Apart from giving me bad gas and sleepless nights I don't seem to be having any of the positive effects... No increased appetite, no extra pump etc.

How long should I expect it to take before I have any noticeable difference in things like appetite?

Does anyone have any personal experience with this brand? Ie could it be a less effective mix?

Thanks again
    I have never tried that source but generally speaking, I wouldn't buy research chemicals from a site that sells things like protein bars and a lot of natural supplements. Have your noticed water retention and weight gain?
  9. #9 21st July 2017 
    Thanks
    I wouldn't trust that source to buy SARM's, dude. The problem with it is that it's clear that they are selling them for human consumption while it's only allowed to sell SARM's for research purposes. So either they are breaking the law, or they are not actually selling SARM's. It is illegal for the supplement store to sell research chemicals for human use.
  10. #10 22nd July 2017 
    Thanks
    Crap... Clearly should have asked on here before buying lol.

I bought about 4 months worth from there having read a few decent reviews.... I'm sceptical that they are working though. I can feel no major difference and definitely have no increase in hunger and no water retention.

I'm lifting a little more but I'm wondering if that is a placebo.
  11. #11 24th July 2017 
    Thanks

I bought about 4 months worth from there having read a few decent reviews.... I'm sceptical that they are working though. I can feel no major difference and definitely have no increase in hunger and no water retention.

You should have noticed side effects by now already... I noticed increased appetite in the first few days. I only buy SARM's in liquid form or in powder and make a liquid out of it myself because of what Spartian said. It's not like all capsulated SARM's are no good but I rather not risk it because a lot of them are fake. Did you order just MK-677 from them or other SARM's as well?
  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

KarlBristol (24th July 2017)

13. #12 24th July 2017 
    Thanks

Of course, you should have asked here or on another forum before buying. Every company will have decent reviews... It is important to filter the source of those reviews, if they were posted on the same site then how can you be sure that the review is real and not made up by them. If you think that it is placebo then it probably is... If you feel like the stuff isn't working like it should then you can try to contact the company and ask what is their policy on returns/refunds. If you can then simply return the stuff.

There are a lot of fakes, underdosed products on the internet... Always research the source before buying from them and if you see a good review then try to find out if it's affiliated with the company.
  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Idealer For This Useful Post:

KarlBristol (24th July 2017)

15. #13 24th July 2017 
    Thanks
    It was just the MK677 that I ordered from them...

I did a lot of research beforehand and threads such as this one showed promise which is why I had initially ordered from them;

https://www.tmuscle.co.uk/threads/mk-677-muscle-rage.30332/

I have already emailed the company with my concerns and this is what they responded. I thought that MK677 would be more prominent in the first 2 weeks not weakest in the first two weeks... Thoughts??

Hi Karl,

Thank you for your business with us and for your message.

At this stage I feel you have nothing to worry about, with all sarms and pro hormones and even stronger things out there not a lot happens in the first 2 weeks. MK is also a ‘long play’ kind of product so results are less rapid but as easier to keep. For example with Osta nothing hardly happens in the first 2 weeks and then the next 4 weeks is where all the strength and the muscle mass comes from.

In regards to the hunger this seems to be very individual, one employee here gets it really bad and another hardly gets it. Personally I only get it if I take both capsules at the same time. We have had no bad reports on any of our sarms and our manufacturing is of the highest quality so it won’t be a bad batch.

Stick with it for a few more weeks and then comes back to us with how it’s going then and we can reevaluate the situation?

Anything else please ask and have a great day.
  16. #14 25th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Have you noticed any weight gain since you started? Your source is good (at least it was about 10 months ago when I bought from them). The first things you notice when you start using MK-677 is usually lethargy, sleeplessness, appetite increase, water retention after a while though, your the lethargy and sleeplessness should go away. Their product might also be underdosed. They say that each tab contains 20mg? Maybe try taking 40mg and see if you get MK-677 side effects.
  17. The Following User Says Thank You to bodybuilder For This Useful Post:

KarlBristol (25th July 2017)

18. #15 25th July 2017 
    Thanks
    When I started using MK-677, in the first 2 weeks all I noticed was messed up sleep cycle (waking up 4-5 times every night), very bad smelling gas and a slight appetite increase. After about 3 weeks my sleep started to improve and the gas became better, I guess my body and stomach adjusted to the drug. I started to notice positive effects only around week 3 like more energy throughout the day, more strength in the gym and better pumps.
  19. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnED For This Useful Post:

KarlBristol (25th July 2017)

20. #16 25th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Thanks for the responses. That really gives me a little more faith that this might be legit.

I've had no weight gain or water retention as of yet... But I've definitely had the really really bad gas. That seems to have passed a bit now.

They are 10mg dosings. I'm splitting and having one 10mg dose when I wake and one when I go to bed. Would you say it's worth doing two in the morning and one before bed then?

I'm doing 5 or 6 days on followed by 2 or 3 off (depending on what I'm working that week). I'm guessing that having the break is worth it and isn't having a negative effect?

Fingers crossed next week it starts to take effect.
  21. #17 25th July 2017 
    Thanks
    That's why I always try to buy my SARM's in powdered form and make liquid by myself. I save my money by doing that and also am exactly sure that my SARM's are good and aren't underdosed.

I recommend you to increase your dose the way that you described - 2 in the morning and 1 in the evening.

Yes, you can use it 5 on 2 off and it won't give you negative effects.

Did you do a blood test for IGF-1 and GH serum before you started? If you did then you could do another after a week or so... If IGF-1 is elevated than your MK-677 is working if it's not then it's bunk.

I saw that you were asking about different SARM that would help you to gain mass. I recommend Ostarine or LGD-4033, you can get nice mass increases with them and they aren't too suppressive.
    Last edited by Other; 25th July 2017 at 12:13 PM.
  22. #18 1st September 2017 
    Thanks
    I'm just finishing 3 weeks off and have started back on them as of today. Been itching to get back on them as they definitely do put on some weight on a hard gainer like myself (1/2 stone in 8 weeks and I'm hoping for the same again this time).

Update; just in case there was any doubt in anyone else's mind - they 110% do not affect fertility. We are now 8 weeks gone so conceived whilst I was on MK. Which is great news!

After this 8 week cycle I may start to look at stacking as suggested above. Thank for the advice all.
  23. #19 20th September 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    That's why I always try to buy my SARM's in powdered form and make liquid by myself. I save my money by doing that and also am exactly sure that my SARM's are good and aren't underdosed.

I recommend you to increase your dose the way that you described - 2 in the morning and 1 in the evening.

Yes, you can use it 5 on 2 off and it won't give you negative effects.

Did you do a blood test for IGF-1 and GH serum before you started? If you did then you could do another after a week or so... If IGF-1 is elevated than your MK-677 is working if it's not then it's bunk.

I saw that you were asking about different SARM that would help you to gain mass. I recommend Ostarine or LGD-4033, you can get nice mass increases with them and they aren't too suppressive.
    Starting LGD-4033 today and stacking with my MK677 to see what results that gives 👍