• Forum Login or
  • Register

Thread: HCG diet

1. #1 12th June 2017 
    Thanks

HCG diet

Hey.

Has anyone heard about HCG diet? My colleague has lost 10kg in a month of doing this diet and she is saying that she is not feeling hungry at all. I have heard that HCG is used as a fertility drug and also by bodybuilders who are using steroids but have never heard that it's an effective fat burned as well but I'm pretty interested after seeing my colleagues results. I don't want to lose a lot, about 7kg and I struggle to lose it with diet and exercise.

After googling HCG diet I found a lot of forums and sites dedicated to that diet, but I am not sure if I can believe because they might as well just try to sell it so I thought that it's a good idea to ask here first. Has anyone tried HCG diet?

The diet consists of 500kcal/day and HCG injections.
  2. #2 12th June 2017 
    Thanks
    I can tell you why she is not feeling hungry - because when you eat 500kcal/day your body enters "starvation mode" and is not feeling hungry. I have tried fasting for 3 days - and I felt really hungry only during the first one, during the next 2 days my appetite was much more controllable. HCG will not do anything to help you lose fat.

HCG diet is one of the biggest scams there is and there are people who still thinks that HCG is some kind of miracle drug but actually they lose weight because they are starving their bodies. That HCG diet has been known for decades and I am not sure how they can still sell their HCG (I doubt those forums, sites that advocate HCG diet even sell HCG, it's probably some random stuff that's cheaper). There have been countless studies that have proven that HCG as a diet supplement is totally worthless.

The diet itself is made of 4 phases, and in the first phase, you can eat as many fatty foods as possible - like wtf?

There are many peptides that are good for fat loss and body recomposition but HCG is not one of them.
    Last edited by Steven; 12th June 2017 at 10:38 AM.
  3. #3 12th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Can you explain please what is HCG diet? It definitely doesn't sound healthy to inject something and eating only 500 calories? For how long? That sounds like a concentration camp, not a diet...
  4. #4 12th June 2017 
    Thanks
    HCG is completely worthless weight loss drug. The fact that you can only eat 500 calories is what makes you lose weight, not HCG injections.

"The scientific consensus is that any weight loss reported by individuals on an "HCG diet" may be attributed entirely to the fact that such diets prescribe calorie intake of between 500 and 1,000 calories per day, substantially below recommended levels for an adult, to the point that this may risk health effects associated with malnutrition.[44]"

"These weight reduction treatments include the injection of HCG, a drug which has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration as safe and effective in the treatment of obesity or weight control. There is no substantial evidence that HCG increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or "normal" distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restrictive diets.

— 1976 FDA-mandated disclaimer for HCG diet advertisements"

That's from Wikipedia, it was proved over 40 years ago that HCG diet is bullshit, but there are still some brainwashed people that believe it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin
    Last edited by dseriousone; 12th June 2017 at 11:05 AM.
  5. #5 12th June 2017 
    Thanks
    I know someone who lost 20kg in 40 days using this diet but she had a lot of excess weight. It is not a healthy diet but seems like it's working. I am also not sure if HCG does anything to accelerate weight loss but even if it doesn't, it can still help because a placebo effect can be really powerful. If it's the only placebo though, then I don't think that they should inject a hormone that will not help with weight loss at all, but it can mess your body up etc. Better of injecting pure water.
  6. #6 12th June 2017 
    Thanks
    HCG??? Is it the same stuff that body builders are using on cycle so their balls don't shrink? It's the first time I hear about this diet, can someone explain more how would it work??
  7. #7 12th June 2017 
    Thanks
    After a quick search google search, I found that it consists of 4 phases.

1st Phase Day 1-2 - eat anything you want + inject HCG
    2nd phase Day 3-... - eat 500 calories a day + inject HCG
    3rd phase - increase calories and stop using HCG
    4th phase - you can start to eat sugars, chocolate and things like that again (most people will just yo-yo back to being fat)

To be honest, it sounds like a pretty complex and difficult way of losing fat. Why don't people use the ways that have been tested and are working - diet, exercise and some kind of supplement that really does help losing fat, like ECA, Clen, HGH etc?
  8. #8 12th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMuscle View Post
    After a quick search google search, I found that it consists of 4 phases.

1st Phase Day 1-2 - eat anything you want + inject HCG
    2nd phase Day 3-... - eat 500 calories a day + inject HCG
    3rd phase - increase calories and stop using HCG
    4th phase - you can start to eat sugars, chocolate and things like that again (most people will just yo-yo back to being fat)

To be honest, it sounds like a pretty complex and difficult way of losing fat. Why don't people use the ways that have been tested and are working - diet, exercise and some kind of supplement that really does help losing fat, like ECA, Clen, HGH etc?
    That sounds stupid. I would rather do a complete fast or juice fast for a couple of days, but this definitely looks like an unhealthy way of losing weight and I agree that HCG has probably nothing to do with the weight loss, just a strong placebo effect. How long you have to stay on 500 calories? Till you get to the desired weight? Lol, even anorexics eat more, no wonder that it's working.
    Last edited by Spartian; 12th June 2017 at 11:45 AM.
  9. #9 12th June 2017 
    Thanks
    I have heard about this diet and also, the companies that are supporting it have made HCG pills, HCG drops, HCG nasal sprays etc, But HCG is only bioavailable when injected so it is a complete scam! Sorry to say that but everyone who is on this diet has been brainwashed and scammed.
  10. #10 12th June 2017 
    Thanks
    HCG is a peptide hormone and it has never been bioavailable orally, all the drops, pills, sprays and other versions of this product are scams.

To be honest HCG diet is gigantic SCAM because it has been so long in the market and there are still people who believe it. HCG will do nothing to lower appetite or improve weight loss and it's too expensive to use it solely for it's placebo effect.
  11. #11 12th June 2017 
    Thanks
    HCG diet is a crap. And to be honest the idea is pretty ironic, when women are pregnant they GAIN weight, why would they use a hormone that is secreted during a pregnancy when they want to LOSE weight? I don't understand the logic in here. Some time ago it was even legal for doctors to prescribe this diet for obese people but after a while, they were all charged and their licenses were taken away.
  12. #12 16th June 2017 
    Thanks
    From what I've read the diet consists of 500 calories and 200iu injection of HCG per day for 40 days. It is supposed to help you burn fat at a much faster rate.

I am not sure if this diet would spare muscle though, I think a lot of muscle mass would be lost from so drastic diet. 500 calories a day is starving not dieting even anorexics eat more...