• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 1st June 2017 
    Thanks

Ibutamoren side effects

Hi

I have been using Ibutamoren for the past 9 weeks and I it gives me good effects but also some side effects that make me worried. I am using it Mon-Fri at 25mg/day. Overall, I definitely feel much better physically and mentally since I started using it. It seems like my immune system is stronger as well because everyone in my family is sick with some kind of virus right now, but I'm perfectly fine.

The side effects that I'm worried about are mostly the bloating... My diet is pretty good and I try to eat fewer carbohydrates and also drink about 4 liters of water every day. I have tried dosing in the morning and before bed. Before bed dosing is slightly better but I feel bloated in the morning anyway. Can't use it in the morning because then the bloat is even bigger during the day and it looks like I am drinking every day.

My Ibutamoren is in liquid form and it tastes really nasty. I am wondering if it's okay to drink water on it because I've been reading that you shouldn't and it's recommended to take it sublingually, I have tried but couldn't stand the taste for longer than 5 seconds!

I am really considering to switch my MK-677 to Ipamorelin+Mod GRF combo. I'm not afraid of needles and I'd rather inject something then drink something that tastes like crap! The reason why I am using growth hormone secretagogues is because I want to improve healing of a few injuries, sleep better, recover faster, feel better. Some fat loss would be a good effect as well but it's not my main goal.

I have a surgery planned in a couple of months so I'm thinking peptides could really help with recovering faster from it.

The protocol for Mod GRF+Ipamorelin would be 100mcg of each peptide 2 times a day - in the morning and before bed. I might add a 3rd dose during the day sometimes, but I won't be able to do that on a regular basis because of my work. After the surgery I will probably dose 3-4 times a day.
    Last edited by ArthurGain; 1st June 2017 at 08:27 AM.
  2. #2 1st June 2017 
    Thanks
    There is no problem with drinking water on your MK-677, you can even mix it with water and then drink. I usually mix it with coca cola zero before drinking and don't feel it tastes at all.

For water retention, you can keep your salt intake really low and get some potassium supplement. That helped me to combat bloat from MK-677. Also lots of cardio... But if you feel that it's too much then it's probably the best to switch to Ipamorelin+Mod, water retention from these peptides is much lower. But before you switch, I suggest you take a couple of days off to lose all the water weight and then start with peptides.
  3. #3 1st June 2017 
    Thanks
    There are a few things you can do to reduce your water retention.

1) Watch your sodium (salt) intake. It is recommended to consume no more than 3000mg of sodium per day.

2) Split your dose. If you are using 25mg per day and split it into 2-3 doses, in the morning, midday and before bed. Taking less but more frequently definitely reduce side effects.

3) Don't drink alcohol

4) Supplement with potassium and drink a lot of coffee, green tea.
  4. #4 1st June 2017 
    Thanks
    I found that dandelion root really helps with GH related water retention. You can buy it anywhere OTC and it works. It's in capsule form or liquid extract, you can also get a dandelion root tea but I think that capsules or liquid works better. It's really cheap so I use it all the time when I'm using GH secretagogues.
  5. #5 8th June 2017 
    Thanks
    How long can I use it? Should I take some time off after a few months? There is so much information, some say that it can be used for a year without any problems and with nice, constant muscle gains. But there are also others, who say that it can't be used for longer than 3 months and it must be stopped for a month to give your body a rest.

I was using 25mg but then I dropped it to 15mg/day due to side effects like water retention and since I reduced the dose I have lost most of the water weight. Can I keep using MK-677 at this dose for longer than 3 months?
    Last edited by ArthurGain; 8th June 2017 at 07:29 AM.
  6. #6 8th June 2017 
    Thanks
    You should have used 10-15mg right from the start, you wouldn't have water weight problems if you did so, your body retains water because you used too much, too soon and it can't handle so high dose. I agree, there are various opinions, some say that it can be used forever but some say that it can be run forever only if you use it 5 days on 2 days off. But I think that you should simply test various protocols and methods to see what works for you because every one of us is different.
  7. #7 8th June 2017 
    Thanks
    I have read many different studies about long-term effects of MK-677, and they show that you get the best benefits from long, 6-12 month cycles. I believe that it can be used forever without a stop.
  8. #8 8th June 2017 
    Thanks
    I don't see a point in 5on2 off, you should dose it every day.

You get the best effects if you dose daily 15-25mg, and it takes many months to get all the positive effects so I recommend to run it for at least 6 months up to a year. After year take a few weeks off and then start again.
    You don't really need to take a break from it because it gives you effects on doesn't desensitize.
  9. #9 8th June 2017 
    Thanks
    MK-677 is quite similar to peptides and the longer you use it, the better effects you get. Some say that you must use it for at least 6 months, others say 1 year. You can use it even longer but I advise you to take a break at some point for at least a month.
    Another option is to cycle between peptides and MK-677, have you thought about that? I think that would be amazing for your body to cycle 3-4 months on MK-677 and then switch to GHRP/GHRH