• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 10th May 2017 
    Thanks

humulin-r questions

I am considering to finally try insulin but I want to gather as much information as I can before I do that. I can get humulin-r so I'd probably use that one. I've been researching it for the past week but still don't understand a few things, I really hope that someone could help.

From what I've been reading.. Immediately after insulin injection I must drink a carbohydrate shake, 10 grams of carbohydrates per every iu of insulin. What is a good carbohydrate source for this? Maltodextrin? Dextrose? And 1 hour after that shake I should eat my lunch? But what should I eat in that meal? Can I eat fat or only protein, carbohydrates?

By the way I work in night shifts - 20:00-8:00, 5 days a week. I usually train at 17:00 and I plan to inject after training but when do I inject the 2nd time? I'm not too more comfortable with injecting at work..

Thank you, hope somebody helps
  2. #2 10th May 2017 
    Thanks
    Dextrose and maltodextrin are both fine for insulin. And yeah, 10 grams of carbs per every iu is correct. Remember to add protein in that shake as well. After an hour you should have a solid carbohydrate/protein meal, that's right as well. Don't eat fat after injection and while insulin is active.

Make sure to start with small dose of insulin, increase it gradually so you are aware of the effects it has on your body. When you are familiar with insulins effects on your body, you can adjust the right amount of carbohydrates you need. If you eat too much carbs it will make you fat.

I also don't recommend you to inject while at work, and never inject insulin and go to sleep, you could go hypo even after 3 hours since injection and you won't know that if you are sleeping.
    Keep dextrose tabs with you at all times, also sugary drinks, in case you go hypo.
  3. #3 10th May 2017 
    Thanks
    In my opinion insulin is not worth the risk. If you are newbie then it will probably make you fat. There is also a high chance of diabetes, glycemic coma or even death. Sounds pretty fun.. Also I don't think it's a good idea to take insulin while working night shifts..
    You should consider much safer option - Metformin, it is a diabetic drug that increases insulin sensitivity.
  4. #4 10th May 2017 
    Thanks
    Thanks for replies. By the way, what is the recommended insulin cycle length? And should I inject every day or every other? What is Metformin, not heard of it before.. can you buy it without prescription?
  5. #5 10th May 2017 
    Thanks
    People usually cycle insulin - one month on, one month off, if it's used every day, but if you use it only on workout days then you can use it for longer then that. You can't buy Metformin without prescription but you can easily buy it on the internet. It increases cell sensitivity to insulin, so you natural insulin will transport more nutrients in to muscle tissue. You can do whatevery you want but I don't recommend you use insulin, better run a few steroid cycles, you will gain alot more muscles with less fat gains and steroids are safer.

I don't use insulin, but my mate uses it only when he is not on cycle to help maintain gains.