• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 24th April 2017 
    Thanks

hgh on keto diet

Hello. I'm cutting on keto diet for 3 weeks already. I've lost about 6kg's, and some of it is muscle I think. I am thinking about adding HGH at 3iu/day to help with fat loss and stop muscle wastage.. I am also on 500mg testosterone/week.
    Any advice?
  2. #2 24th April 2017 
    Thanks
    To be honest, if you are losing muscle while on keto diet then you are doing something wrong... Are you sure that you are in ketosis? Do you have ketostix? The main idea on keto is to lose fat while not losing muscle..
  3. #3 24th April 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unnamed View Post
    To be honest, if you are losing muscle while on keto diet then you are doing something wrong... Are you sure that you are in ketosis? Do you have ketostix? The main idea on keto is to lose fat while not losing muscle..
    I agree, when I was doing cyclical keto diet, I lost 5kg of fat and I kept all the muscle, without even using steroids. So you must be doing it wrong dude. Your macros should look like 60-70% fat, 20-30% protein, 5% carbs
  4. #4 24th April 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beastieboy View Post
    I agree, when I was doing cyclical keto diet, I lost 5kg of fat and I kept all the muscle, without even using steroids. So you must be doing it wrong dude. Your macros should look like 60-70% fat, 20-30% protein, 5% carbs
    That's the good thing about Keto diet, you can easily burn fat and keep all your muscle while on it. OP are you eating enough fats? Because if you don't then your body will start to break down muscle for energy.
  5. #5 24th April 2017 
    Thanks
    You might think that you have lost a lot of muscle but it is actually glycogen or water that you lost.

You should refeed carbs every one or two weeks.

Anyway HGH will definitely help.
  6. #6 24th April 2017 
    Thanks
    In my opinion the most of weight you lost is water weight.
  7. #7 24th April 2017 
    Thanks
    I've been keeping my macros @ 150g fat, 150g protein, 30g carbs, that is total of 2070 kcal. I love the results, and I can slowly start to see abs, but I can feel that I've lost quite a few muscle... I was going to use HGH soon anyway so thinking of starting it right now.
  8. #8 3rd May 2017 
    Thanks
    I am also still researching about HGH on keto, what do you think about this? I ask because as I know, growth hormone increase blood glucose levels and if the blood glucose levels are high and there isn't any carbohydrates in your eating plan then that's pretty bad, right?

I've been running growth hormone on keto for the last 2 weeks and notice that few hours after injection I feel lightheaded, this never happened when I used HGH on normal protein/carb/fat diet. By the way I am also using T4 supplements at 50ug/day. I am thinking of either stopping using HGH or switch my diet to high protein/medium carb/low fat.
  9. #9 3rd May 2017 
    Thanks
    I'm also interested in this. I love keto diet's because when I'm in ketosis my mind feels "clearer". Also when I'm trying to lose fat then I don't feel hungry at all. On low carbohydrate diet I feel hungry all the time.
    So do you think that using growth hormone while on keto is a good idea? I haven't really heard that alot of people are using growth hormone in ketosis. Would exogenous growth hormone be as effective in keto as in standart diet, because I don't have any money to waste