• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 29th October 2015 
    Thanks

fasting, peptides and weight gain??

Hi all

This my wife...I am hoping someone can help.

I am fasting from 9pm till 2pm and using peptides for weight loss (7am, 1pm and then before bed). I am exercising, weights and cardio and yet I am putting weight on at a ridiculous amount (4lb in the last week). I exercise after work which is usually about 6ish and then last meal is around 8 - 9pm.

My diet is pretty clean and very low carbs, apart from Sunday's - which is my cheat day. Generally consisting of protein and salad/soup for lunch, protein shake at around 4ish and then protein and veg for evening meal.

I'm not sure if it is the fasting, the time I am using peps or what - any ideas?

Thanks in advance
  2. #2 29th October 2015 
    Thanks
    How many weeks has this been going on? If you just recently started peps it could be water retention. Peps can cause a bit of water retention in some people.
  3. #3 29th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I'm using peptides almost 2 months already.
  4. #4 29th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Are you weighing in at the same time every day? Same clothes (or none)?

What is your diet like? Are you weighing/measuring the food and accounting for a resonable +/- in accuracy?

Is there any chance you are with child?
  5. #5 30th October 2015 
    Thanks
    From what I understand, peptides can cause a lot of water retention in some people. What does your macronutrients look like exactly?
  6. #6 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    It's highly possible that it's water retention.
  7. #7 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Are you weighing in at the same time every day? Same clothes (or none)?

What is your diet like? Are you weighing/measuring the food and accounting for a resonable +/- in accuracy?

Is there any chance you are with child?
    Definitely not with child! (got 3 already) as for measuring food we have both been tight with our diets for some time now so I tend to go by eye. Diets is usually fish/chicken & salads at work omelettes/chicken/steak at home carbs tend to be squash or sweet potato or a little basmati rice

Weighing in on the gym scales, so no inaccuracies & always after the workout so yes same time, same scales & similar clothing.

Should I alter the dosing?

AM Ipa 50mcg + Mod 50mcg
    PW ghrp2 50mcg + Mod 50mcg
    Bed Ipa 50mcg + Mod 50mcg

Cheers
  8. #8 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Do you have access to a bod pod so you can find out if you are gaining muscle? This seems odd, when I started peptides in the first 8 week period I lost 15 lbs of fat and gained 3 lbs of muscle, and I'm not a beginner by any means, but I do carry more fat than needed. But there's gotta be something going on. I know I cut my calories down to about 60% of normal maintenance cals. And even less some days, and I was only using peptides in the am and then post work out 4 times a week. Sorry I'm not much help, but hopefully you can get some answers as peptides can work for many people.
  9. #9 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    I personally find my weight is more consistent just after waking, just after my morning urination and bowel movement. I wake up, put my contacts in, relieve my bladder and have a bowel movement then weigh myself. I could weigh myself at the exact same time later in the day 3 days in a row and get 3 wildly different weights, I can do it in the morning and get far more consistent weights.

Do you notice any water retention? Puffy skin, aching joints, carpel tunnel type deal? I know when I start a peptide cycle I can easilly pick up 5-10lbs and after stopping one I can lost 5-10lbs in a week or so, I attribute that all to water retention.
  10. #10 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TikTak View Post
    Hi all

This my wife...I am hoping someone can help.

I am fasting from 9pm till 2pm and using peptides for weight loss (7am, 1pm and then before bed). I am exercising, weights and cardio and yet I am putting weight on at a ridiculous amount (4lb in the last week). I exercise after work which is usually about 6ish and then last meal is around 8 - 9pm.

My diet is pretty clean and very low carbs, apart from Sunday's - which is my cheat day. Generally consisting of protein and salad/soup for lunch, protein shake at around 4ish and then protein and veg for evening meal.

I'm not sure if it is the fasting, the time I am using peps or what - any ideas?

Thanks in advance
    I assume it is scale weight? What does your mirror say?
  11. #11 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jeyna View Post
    I assume it is scale weight? What does your mirror say?
    Most important question so far in my opinion.

It could be water weight, muscle gain... I doubt fat gain very much.
  12. #12 5th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I've always found that one of the surest ways to measure if there's success or not with weight changes is to try on clothes that you wear often, and see if they fit differently. Try a pair of jeans you haven't worn in a while and see if it fits better than you remembered. Compare where clothes pinch or are looser. Scales, for how precise they're supposed to be, often don't quite do the trick, due to so many variables, like what time of day you weigh in, etc.
  13. #13 25th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Will the peptides are not the problem. I have also fasted before and I found that it is a very effective means of detoxing and losing weight. Fasting is really uncomfortable but at the end of it you can really see the radiance on your body. Maybe you may have to increase the amount of hours you fast and also make sure that you're not eating when you break the fast in an effort to compensate for all the food that you've missed out on. It must be noted that protein get you looking really fat and plump. Maybe you should just stick with fruits and vegetables, along with the peptides.
  14. #14 25th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Peptides can cause a decrease in insulin sensitivity, which isn't the best thing for long-term fat loss.

However, if cycled correctly, and combined with a hypo-caloric diet, I've found peptide supplementation to work for fat loss. The benefits to peptide use trump the few downsides, in my experience at least.
  15. #15 2nd December 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meds View Post
    Will the peptides are not the problem. I have also fasted before and I found that it is a very effective means of detoxing and losing weight. Fasting is really uncomfortable but at the end of it you can really see the radiance on your body. Maybe you may have to increase the amount of hours you fast and also make sure that you're not eating when you break the fast in an effort to compensate for all the food that you've missed out on. It must be noted that protein get you looking really fat and plump. Maybe you should just stick with fruits and vegetables, along with the peptides.
    It's highly possible that what's causing are the types of food being eaten. Many are not too knowledgeable about food and will assume they are eating right, which turns out the complete opposite.
  16. #16 20th January 2016 
    Thanks
    Try to tweak your routine. Try to change your workout routines as well. Also, probably, fasting is a factor to your weight gain. It is never recommended to skip meal while you are on your peps.
  17. #17 3rd September 2018 
    Thanks

fasting peptides and weight gain

Very simple, Eat more, no junk, but more, and no socalled clean food no, real food, with proteine every meal/snack, and get good fats in. This in combination with good training will at your age always make you gain weight. But it will be some fat to, you can,t prevent that. If you still don,t gain weight, you don,t enough