• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 22nd February 2017 
    Thanks

Current challenges in photoprotection.

Interesting article:
    Current challenges in photoprotection. - PubMed - NCBI

Electromagnetic radiation in the ultraviolet, visible, and infrared ranges all produce biologic effects. Ultraviolet filters are the most well-studied photoprotective measure for the adverse effects of ultraviolet radiation. Because of the reported endocrinologic effects of oxybenzone in animal studies, its effects on coral reefs, and its photocontact allergy potential, its use has been minimized in many countries worldwide. New developments in topical antioxidants and oral and subcutaneous agents (eg, Polypodium leucotomos extract, afamelanotide, nicotinamide) with photoprotective and antiphotocarcinogenic properties could potentially provide addition modalities for protection against the effects of visible light and infrared radiation.
  2. #2 23rd February 2017 
    Thanks
    Hi Riurao, english is not my first language can you please explain what is this about? I am not familiar with all these medicine terms
  3. #3 31st May 2017 
    Thanks
    DOnjt remember where, but some weeks ago, a start up company working on Nicotinamide Riboside , takes the attention of the NASA for its next travel to Mars, and its ability to protect the body from the DNA damage Cells. NASA is actually testing Nicotinamide Riboside compounds , with very goos results. Although it seems, I have no commercial interest