• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 9th August 2016 
    Thanks

MK-677 elevated liver enzymes

hello all. this is my first post on this forum and just wanted to share my experience with MK-677 (Ibutamoren).

I started taking MK-677 on 4/21/16 @ 50mg QHS x7 days then 25mg QHS thereafter. I took it every night until 8/7/16, just over 3 months. My IGF-1 on 2/18/16 was 169. On 4/28/16, IGF-1 was 326. Just after 7 days @ 50mg QHS I had a 100% increase in IGF-1. Pretty significant. But I also noticed my liver enzymes were high on 4/28/16 labs. I attributed the elevated AST/ALT to taking a pre-workout with DMAA. So I stopped taking it. However, my labs on 8/6/16 show my liver enzymes much higher than it was on 4/28/16, even after 3 months of not taking DMAA!

So I'm scratching my head as to what else I could be taking thats liver toxic, because to my knowledge, there's nothing else that could be elevating my liver enzymes. Then it occurs to me that MK-677 compound is methylated! (R)-1'-(2-methylalanyl-O-benzyl-D-seryl)-1-(methylsulfonyl)-1,2-dihydrospiro[indole-3,4'-piperidine] Rule of thumb is methylated compounds are generally liver toxic.

There's not much info that I could find on MK-677 metabolites. I'm curious if there's anyone else out there with a similar experience as me.

So I stopped taking MK-677 on 8/7/16. I will update with labs in 4-5 weeks to see if MK-677 is causing liver toxicity.

igf_Page_1.jpgigf_Page_2.jpg
    liver 2-18-16.JPGliver 4-28-16.jpg
    liver 8-6-16.jpg
    Last edited by johnhay; 10th August 2016 at 12:50 AM.
  2. #2 10th October 2016 
    Thanks
    I would say your enzyme elevation is considerable, I've been much worse and able to correct it. There are a ton of factors that could be effecting your point in time reference. I've seen athletes jave significant elevations several days after brutal weight training sessions. Can you list what else you are taking, if it's too personal PM is fine. Remember even Tylenol can raise those enzyme levels. That is an impressive delta in IGF-1 levels though, what was the Ibutamorelin source if you don'mind me asking PM please, no open source discussion. In the meantime if you are still experiencing the elevated liver chemistries get some milk thistle (least important), NAC, Phosphatadyle Choline, and most importantly T-UDCA (if you have chose one, chose T-UDCA)

Syn
  3. #3 7th March 2017 
    Thanks

Mk 677 high ast and alt!!!

Did you get another bloodwork?
  4. #4 14th March 2017 
    Thanks
    I was taking MK-677 produced by Brawn Nutrition in February-September 2016 at 30mg a day. During that period I observed significant muscle gains and quicker regeneration. I didn't take any liver protecting drugs as SARMS were supposed to have no liver-damaging effects. Unfortunately blood test results in September showed increase in ALT=67 (vs. expected <41). As I didn't use drugs, alcohol or any other substances that might have negative impact on my liver I could link my blood test results only with my MK-677 6-months cycle. Then I immediately stopped taking MK-677 expecting auto-recovery of the liver. In March 2017 I had my blood checked again to find out if ALT level stabilized. To my HUGE surprise I realised that both ALT and AST are on really high level: ALT=132.4 (vs. expected <41) and AST=70.8 (vs. expected <38). I don't understand why the results have gone worse as I haven't been taking any SARMS since I saw first alarming blood test results in September. I guess there must have been some prohormones added to MK-677 which I was not aware of.
  5. #5 15th March 2017 
    Thanks

Mk-677 elevated liver enzymes

Hi bro you must do liver ultrasound because to check did elevated liver enzymes over long period produced significant demage. Did you checked ggt, alp, ck, albumin, globulin, bilirubin and etc...