• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 30th May 2014 
    Thanks

Another study Melanoma and Alpha-Msh

Quote from:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19641225?ordinalpos=7&itool=EntrezSystem2 .PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Syndecan-2 regulates the migratory potential of melanoma cells.Lee JH, Park H, Chung H, Choi S, Kim Y, Yoo H, Kim TY, Hann HJ, Seong I, Kim J, Kang KG, Han IO, Oh ES.
    Ewha Womans University, Korea, Republic of;

Syndecan-2, a transmembrane heparan-sulfate proteoglycan, is a critical mediator in the tumorigenesis of colon carcinoma cells. We explored the function of syndecan-2 in melanoma, one of the most invasive types of cancers and found that the expression of this protein was elevated in tissue samples from both nevus and malignant human melanomas, but not in melanocytes of the normal human skin tissues. Similarly, elevated syndecan-2 expression was observed in various melanoma cell lines. Overexpression of syndecan-2 enhanced migration and invasion of melanoma cells, while the opposite was observed when syndecan-2 levels were knocked-down using small inhibitory RNAs. Syndecan-2 expression was enhanced by fibroblasts growth factor-2, which is known to stimulate melanoma cell migration; however, alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone (alpha-MSH) decreased syndecan-2 expression and melanoma cell migration and invasion in a melanin synthesis-independent manner. Furthermore, syndecan-2 overexpression rescued the migration defects induced by alpha-MSH treatment. Together, these data strongly suggest that syndecan-2 plays a crucial role in the migratory potential of melanoma cells.

I have marked in blod a sentence that it is impossible for me to interpretate, could someone explain to me it, please?
  2. #2 31st May 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Another study Melanoma and Alpha-Msh

I can't see any sentence marked in bold here? Also is study saying that Melanotan is preventing cancer or could possibly cause it?
  3. #3 31st May 2014 
    Thanks

It sounds rather positive to me, but don't shoot me if I'm wrong.
  4. #4 31st May 2014 
    Thanks

"
    It sounds rather positive to me, but don't shoot me if I'm wrong.
    "

Same, from what I can make out it seems to suggest melanotan would help prevent spread of melanoma
  5. #5 2nd June 2014 
    Thanks

I hope it is more clear now.

Thanks.

"
    Quote from]
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19641225?ordinalpos=7&itool=EntrezSystem2 .PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Syndecan-2 regulates the migratory potential of melanoma cells.Lee JH, Park H, Chung H, Choi S, Kim Y, Yoo H, Kim TY, Hann HJ, Seong I, Kim J, Kang KG, Han IO, Oh ES.
    Ewha Womans University, Korea, Republic of;

Syndecan-2, a transmembrane heparan-sulfate proteoglycan, is a critical mediator in the tumorigenesis of colon carcinoma cells. We explored the function of syndecan-2 in melanoma, one of the most invasive types of cancers and found that the expression of this protein was elevated in tissue samples from both nevus and malignant human melanomas, but not in melanocytes of the normal human skin tissues. Similarly, elevated syndecan-2 expression was observed in various melanoma cell lines. Overexpression of syndecan-2 enhanced migration and invasion of melanoma cells, while the opposite was observed when syndecan-2 levels were knocked-down using small inhibitory RNAs. Syndecan-2 expression was enhanced by fibroblasts growth factor-2, which is known to stimulate melanoma cell migration; however, alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone (alpha-MSH) decreased syndecan-2 expression and melanoma cell migration and invasion in a melanin synthesis-independent manner. Furthermore, syndecan-2 overexpression rescued the migration defects induced by alpha-MSH treatment. Together, these data strongly suggest that syndecan-2 plays a crucial role in the migratory potential of melanoma cells.

I have marked in blod a sentence that it is impossible for me to interpretate, could someone explain to me it, please?
    "
  6. #6 24th January 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BoB.org View Post
    I can't see any sentence marked in bold here? Also is study saying that Melanotan is preventing cancer or could possibly cause it?
    At first, I thought there is something with my computer or the system cause I did not see bold sentences, phrases or words as well. Lol. Now I found out that the one who started this thread just forgot to do it. Lol