• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: slow healer

1. #1 27th December 2015 
    Thanks

slow healer

Realizing I have a problem.
    I heal really slow. This isn't something I realized lately. Back when I was in high school, I used to get little injuries here and there while competing in all the Martial art tournaments. They used to take forever to heal. Could there be a cause or a reason who someone would be a very slow healer?
    I eat enough and take in a lot of protein.
  2. #2 27th December 2015 
    Thanks
    I don't know what it is, but I pulled my hamstring doing squats. It is just a little pull, and then I realized I have always healed slow.
  3. #3 27th December 2015 
    Thanks
    Get blood work done.
  4. #4 27th December 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Get blood work done.
    I actually just got a bunch of blood work done. Everything came back normal. What would I be looking for in blood work?
  5. #5 27th December 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jass View Post
    I actually just got a bunch of blood work done. Everything came back normal. What would I be looking for in blood work?
    Test and estrogen can cause slow healing, a lack of test or having to little or to much estro. I'd be interested in the health of your liver also. I'm sure there is much more but that's a good start.
  6. #6 27th December 2015 
    Thanks
    Slow healing can also be a sign of diabetes, or cancer I am sorry to say. I think that you do need to get bloodwork done and find out what the nature of your problem is. I hope it is not something serious. It is just one of the possibilities, so getting bloodwork done is quite important, just to rule out the above.
  7. #7 30th December 2015 
    Thanks
    All other things being equal, I'd say you might not be getting enough sleep. Sleep is a major factor in recovery, and if you're deficient in it then I can definitely see that affecting your recovery status too.
  8. #8 2nd January 2016 
    Thanks
    Do you have diabetes or high blood sugar?
  9. #9 2nd January 2016 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jeyna View Post
    Do you have diabetes or high blood sugar?
    I do not have diabetes and I'm not sure about my blood sugar. I'm assuming its normal, but I'm getting it tested again next week.
  10. #10 2nd January 2016 
    Thanks
    I do not have diabetes and I'm not sure about my blood sugar. I'm assuming its normal, but I'm getting it tested again next week.
    Do you bruise easily? Or if you have a cut, you bleed more then most people?

How is your circulation?
    Cold hands or feet? Do your fingernails have a blue hue in a normal temperature room. Do you have swelling in your ankles?
  11. #11 2nd January 2016 
    Thanks
    Do you bruise easily? Or if you have a cut, you bleed more then most people?

How is your circulation?
    Cold hands or feet? Do your fingernails have a blue hue in a normal temperature room. Do you have swelling in your ankles?
    Hmmmm if I do hit my arm I WILL feel it for a while, but I wouldn't say I see bruises often.
    I do get nose bleeds a lot though.

No idea how my circulation is. Might be bad, but I take krill oil all the time.
  12. #12 2nd January 2016 
    Thanks
    Hmmmm if I do hit my arm I WILL feel it for a while, but I wouldn't say I see bruises often.
    I do get nose bleeds a lot though.

No idea how my circulation is. Might be bad, but I take krill oil all the time.
    Hmm.
    Do you have white spots on your finger nails? Tingling sensation in your hands or feet? Dry corners of your mouth? Fissure lines on your tongue?
  13. #13 2nd January 2016 
    Thanks
    Hmm.
    Do you have white spots on your finger nails? Tingling sensation in your hands or feet? Dry corners of your mouth? Fissure lines on your tongue?
    I have always had white spots on my finger nails my whole life but I heal very fast and rarely get sick..
  14. #14 2nd January 2016 
    Thanks
    Hmm.
    I ALWAYS had white marks on my nails. No tingling, or dry corners. I do have teeth marks on the sides of my tongue always. Wouldn't say it is fissure lines.
    But big time on the teeth marks and white spots on my nails.
  15. #15 2nd January 2016 
    Thanks
    I ALWAYS had white marks on my nails. No tingling, or dry corners. I do have teeth marks on the sides of my tongue always. Wouldn't say it is fissure lines.
    But big time on the teeth marks and white spots on my nails.
    Teeth marks on the tongue is likely grinding or clenching your jaw.

I can't say for certain, but there is an easy at home test.
    I believe you might be deficient in zinc.

The way to test is to take liquid zinc. If it tastes like water, you are very deficient. If you have enough zinc it will taste so metallic that you will gag.
  16. #16 2nd January 2016 
    Thanks
    Teeth marks on the tongue is likely grinding or clenching your jaw.

I can't say for certain, but there is an easy at home test.
    I believe you might be deficient in zinc.

The way to test is to take liquid zinc. If it tastes like water, you are very deficient. If you have enough zinc it will taste so metallic that you will gag.
    And if you take the zinc, take it on a full stomach. You will get nauseous if you take it on an empty stomach.
  17. #17 2nd January 2016 
    Thanks
    Oh! I have done that test! I did it last year. Passed it with no issues, but I still have always had white marks on my finger nails.
    Is zinc related to circulation or something?
  18. #18 2nd January 2016 
    Thanks
    Oh! I have done that test! I did it last year. Passed it with no issues, but I still have always had white marks on my finger nails.
    Is zinc related to circulation or something?
    Oh, no circulation was me ruling out possible causes for slow wound healing.

Zinc deficiency can cause slow wound healing, fatigue, trouble waking up, white flecks on nails. So after ruling out a lot of other possibilities, zinc seems the most likely unless you have an immune system disorder that is currently undiagnosed.
  19. #19 2nd January 2016 
    Thanks
    Oh, no circulation was me ruling out possible causes for slow wound healing.

Zinc deficiency can cause slow wound healing, fatigue, trouble waking up, white flecks on nails. So after ruling out a lot of other possibilities, zinc seems the most likely unless you have an immune system disorder that is currently undiagnosed.
    Trouble waking up? Hmmm I should research this. Thanks for the info jeyna. That was some good info.
  20. #20 14th January 2016 
    Thanks
    Slow healing is a sign of more severe health problems. You have to get checked. I know you are getting checked every once in a while, but try to tell this problem to your doctor. They should know better than us.