• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 27th November 2015 
    Thanks

Synthetic hormones in food?

Are you ever thought about the hormones that may be found in your food, that has been bought in the grocery store?
    Thoughts?
  2. #2 27th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I don't worry about that too much, because I'm eating mostly "clean" foods. Of course even those are full of estrogen, but if your diet is healthy I don't think there is too much to worry about.
  3. #3 27th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes, well most of the margarine companies in the US have now banned GMO's or genetically modified organisms from their food. It is one of the things that you need to understand about eating some of these foods. There is no free lunch. This is why people like to shop at the health food stores and those who don't. Better food is important.
  4. #4 29th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I never get overworried about that, your body is pretty different from a plant so the hormones used shouldn't have an affect on you. Or at least, nothing really noticeable or it would be banned already.
  5. #5 29th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I'm not really worried about that because I usually watch what I eat and most of the time, like the other member posted, I also eat "clean" foods.
  6. #6 30th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I'm not very preoccupied with that. I consume different kind of food and do not see or feel any negative outcome.
  7. #7 30th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Besides, most of the GMO use hormones to make them plump, sterile and maturing early. I'm not a plant, so I'm not worried, but if there were any indicators the hormones would also make me plump, sterile and age pre-maturely then I'd be forced to grow my own.
  8. #8 2nd December 2015 
    Thanks
    Here's a good article about synthetic hormones in our food: Consumer Concerns About Hormones in Food
  9. #9 10th December 2015 
    Thanks
    It is important to watch what you eat and to check the ingredients in the food you buy. Eating clean food is always the best option here.
  10. #10 10th December 2015 
    Thanks
    While I agree that it's important to k ow as much as you can about the food we are eating, at the same time it's not something I worry about to much.

These days there seems to be a warning for most foods that are available and if we took notice of them all, we'd hardly be able to eat anything without worrying!
  11. #11 31st December 2015 
    Thanks
    I hear that most processed foods have have hormones that are actually non-beneficial to human beings. There is also a rumor that they can cause cancer. I wonder why there is an increase in the number of cancer cases in the continent. Maybe it is because of the hormones. You never know.