• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 24th November 2015 
    Thanks

Peptides and Cosmetics

There are a number of peptides that are used in some of the higher end cosmetics as they can help to keep skin younger, and improve elastcity. Do any of you use higher end cosmetics that contain peptides? If you have, what has your experience been? I am considering purchasing some.
  2. #2 24th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Really? I wasn't even aware that some of the more expensive cosmetics even had peptides in them. I wouldn't even have thought that would be legal seeing as any mention of peptides usually brings up stiff opposition.
  3. #3 26th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes!
    There are a lot of cosmetics with hormones in them, I know this because my mother is the type of person who always looks at the packaging of the cosmetics and when decides that something has too many hormones or parabens in them just simply gives them to me.

Well, good for me.
  4. #4 26th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    Really? I wasn't even aware that some of the more expensive cosmetics even had peptides in them. I wouldn't even have thought that would be legal seeing as any mention of peptides usually brings up stiff opposition.

Botox is very popular. From what I understand, it's a type of peptide used in cosmetics.
  5. #5 26th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes, they use them in cosmetics, and there are also copper peptides..or different blends used in cosmetics to help with the aging process. Botox is usually a procedure down in a doctor or dermatologists office. It involves a botchulism toxin that is injected in the skin. It helps to reverse aging and helps with lines and wrinkles. It is something that is popular...however, I don't know that it includes peptides.
  6. #6 27th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Botox is toxins and bacterium together injected in. It's the same toxin that causes the food poisoning called botulism.
  7. #7 29th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I don't know about Botox,but it may contain peptides. From what I know, there are different types of peptides that can give you the "botox effect".