• Forum Login or
  • Register

Thread: injection sites

1. #1 16th November 2015 
    Thanks

injection sites

Hey Guys,

I've searched the forum for a while now and can't quite find the answers I'm looking for. I'd appreciate any help on the following:

1) When I have injected into my abdominal fat in my abdomen, it seems (at one injection site at least) to have left the surrounding area (the size of a large coin) inflamed. There is no soreness, itching or redness. Just an area that looks like fat has deposited there. It is thicker to the touch and different from the other side of my abdomen parallel. It does seem to have faded now but I can feel some 'thickness' in there still. What do we think this is? Can fat deposit there that fast, surely not?

2) Is IM injection just as effective as subq and would that effect absorption time? I have tried once in my thigh/quad (tonight) and aside from a little pain there didn't seem to be any problem. I'm happy with this type of administration.

3) If I inject IM does it matter that the slin pin is somewhat shorter than the one I use for AAS. I guess in AAS injection we are looking to leave a depo of substance and deep inside the muscle, but with peptides we want it to be released into the blood stream and body soon. So that would be ok?

4) What IM/Subq sites do people recommend?
    For subq the abdominal area and below or aside from the belly button?
    For IM quads, delts?

Thanks Guys.
  2. #2 16th November 2015 
    Thanks
    If I remember correctly then the only difference between IM and sub-q peptide injections is absorption time... which is only a difference of a few minutes. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.
  3. #3 16th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I think when it comes down to injection site preference its all subjective. Inject where you like but don't overuse any spot.
  4. #4 16th November 2015 
    Thanks
    IM absorption is slightly quicker than Subcutaneous. You can inject into any muscle. For IM, the pin size really doesn't matter - provided you reach the muscle. I think 1/2" is long enough if you do not have too much fat in an area.
  5. #5 16th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I do my SubQ injections in abs and glutes. I find the glutes are way more forgiving and less prone to any site reaction. When I pin abs, I just pin in any spot. Doesn't seem to make a difference.
  6. #6 16th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Thank you so much guys, has put my mind to rest now.
  7. #7 17th November 2015 
    Thanks
    This morning I did my first IM injection into my calf, it went in very easily and only stung a little more than sub q. There is no localised reaction thus far, (did 90 mins ago) when I flex my calf I can feel where injected it which is ok, I'm assuming this feeling will fade.

Anyway I'm a fan of IM and will continue to do.
  8. #8 17th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Some people don't feel it matters, but aspiration is a good idea if you don't want an accidental IV injection. Other than that, I believe sterile procedures should be followed much more closely with IM than with sub-q. Also, aside from forearms, calves are probably the least favorite muscles of most people to inject IM into. There tend to be lots of tendons and nerves as you get closer to the extremities.
  9. #9 17th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Some people don't feel it matters, but aspiration is a good idea if you don't want an accidental IV injection. Other than that, I believe sterile procedures should be followed much more closely with IM than with sub-q. Also, aside from forearms, calves are probably the least favorite muscles of most people to inject IM into. There tend to be lots of tendons and nerves as you get closer to the extremities.
    Thanks for that info.

What are the popular muscle groups to inject into?
  10. #10 17th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zack View Post
    Thanks for that info.

What are the popular muscle groups to inject into?
    Delts, glutes, and quads. Personally my favorite for IM is the upper thigh. The lats are and pecs are under-appreciated too.
  11. #11 17th November 2015 
    Thanks
    One of my favourite places is in the ventro gluteal, much less effort than messing around with the gluteus maximus. Finding it is pretty easy sitting down. What gauge pins are you using?
  12. #12 17th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I'm using 1/2 inch 29 gauge slin pin.

I'm not going in on a 90 degree angle, is that ok?

I have zero fat on my chest so I assume if its going in it must be into the muscle?
  13. #13 17th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zack View Post
    I'm using 1/2 inch 29 gauge slin pin.

I'm not going in on a 90 degree angle, is that ok?

I have zero fat on my chest so I assume if its going in it must be into the muscle?
    Yeah that's ok.