• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #21 28th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Swimming is good. Basically anything that takes endurance load off the legs. Although the legs are involved I always found rowing to work well since the back takes half the work off the legs.
  2. #22 28th October 2015 
    Thanks
    How about hitting the heavy bag?
  3. #23 28th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Personally, I find that both diet and low-intensity cardio are best for maintaining size and/or hypertrophy while still getting rid of the fat. I am going to experiment with the fasted state cardio, but have had great results with cardio in the morning and lifting in the evening. That way I can get low intensity cardio in to burn fat, then replenish throughout the day, and get good nutrition before I lift heavy.
    Also, I throw in some drop-sets once in a while to my routine to change things up.
  4. #24 29th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlyd View Post
    Swimming is good. Basically anything that takes endurance load off the legs. Although the legs are involved I always found rowing to work well since the back takes half the work off the legs.
    Aside from biking uphill, I think it's also good to swim. Plus, swimming is also good for the spine, so also beneficial for those who have scoliosis and other back problems.
  5. #25 30th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burner09 View Post
    Aside from biking uphill, I think it's also good to swim. Plus, swimming is also good for the spine, so also beneficial for those who have scoliosis and other back problems.
    My cousin has scoliosis and she did go swimming. She said it's better now, but it's still there.
  6. #26 30th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johny bravo View Post
    There is something about "pushing things" that really seems to give me a tremendous cardiovascular workout. Pushing a vehicle/heavy sled and riding a bike are my favorite means of cardio. When programmed properly both give me thigh hypertrophy.
    This is kind of dangerous, although it works. Just makes sure you have the proper training and program.
  7. #27 2nd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Swimming, biking, and running uphill are what I believe is best to keep those leg muscle mass.
  8. #28 2nd November 2015 
    Thanks
    To be honest I never actually thought about swimming as a way to d cardio without losing leg definition for some reason so that's a good shout.

And now it's coming winter here in the UK I'll be leaving the mountain biking now for a couple of months, so swimming might be a suitable replacement.
  9. #29 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan94 View Post
    Running works best for me. You can also try kick boxing as well. Just go to your local gym and if they have heavy bags use them. Just do that for about 30 minutes per day and I'm sure you will start seeing results pretty soon. I've had that problem though in the past where I start to lose muscle when I do a lot of cardio. I would say just try to keep your cardio to a minimum if the problem continues. If it doesn't the pick up the pace a little. Good luck.
    I agree! Kickboxing is a really good cardio workout. A lot of women now do kickboxing for the reason to lose weight and not learn self-defense. Lol.
  10. #30 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by click_me View Post
    My cousin has scoliosis and she did go swimming. She said it's better now, but it's still there.
    That's what I've been told as well. Swimming relieves the pain of scoliosis. Swimming is really good, plus, you don't need to really sweat to do a good cardio work out!
  11. #31 4th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johny bravo View Post
    There is something about "pushing things" that really seems to give me a tremendous cardiovascular workout. Pushing a vehicle/heavy sled and riding a bike are my favorite means of cardio. When programmed properly both give me thigh hypertrophy.
    I think this does not apply to everyone as heavy pushing and lifting may cause damage to the muscles, although I personally believe that this is a good cardio workout. Kickboxing and boxing are both good cardio, for me.
  12. #32 8th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I think this does not apply to everyone as heavy pushing and lifting may cause damage to the muscles, although I personally believe that this is a good cardio workout. Kickboxing and boxing are both good cardio, for me.
    I also noticed, like the other member, that women learn kickboxing more to lose weight, self-defense is only secondary.
  13. #33 10th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I love swimming. I think I love it more compared to running. Anyway, I've tried Muay Thai and I can say that it also has great cardio exercises. It's also fun, too.