• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 15th October 2015 
    Thanks

Antibiotic Peptides

How will you explain about the usefulness of Antibiotic Peptides in diagnosing resistance to bacteria?
  2. #2 16th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Wow, I didn't know antibiotic peptides existed. However, you may be able to get some useful information from people on this site. They seem to understand all their is to know about peptides. I hope you can find the answer to your question. I would be curious about it myself.
  3. #3 17th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I know about antimicrobial peptides - they are found in almost all living things. They are part of the immune system. They attack bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Are antibiotic peptides medications?
  4. #4 17th October 2015 
    Thanks
    This might help you with your question. I should warn you though, it's quite long.
  5. #5 17th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhealthy View Post
    I know about antimicrobial peptides - they are found in almost all living things. They are part of the immune system. They attack bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Are antibiotic peptides medications?
    I think op was referring to antimicrobial peptides, the one you just explained and she just used the antibiotic peptides term. @walterjames that article you gave is definitely long! I didn't read the whole thing. Lol.
  6. #6 18th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Antimicrobial peptides are naturally found in the body. It's almost in all living things. They are very useful in our system. They are weight proteins that aid in fighting bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
  7. #7 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Antibiotics are one of the most successful types of therapeutics and have greatly supported modern medicine. But antibiotic-resistant bacteria are growing as critical public health threats, with current accounts of bacterial strains resistant to all approved antibiotics. Antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) are naturally occurring molecules with the potential to serve as the basis for a new class of anti-infectives targeting these difficult-to-treat bacteria.

I believe AMPs are essential in fighting bacteria that are resistant to drugs.
  8. #8 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    It is true that there are more and more bacteria who are immune to antibiotics. As drugs and medications evolve, so do these illness - causing bacteria. I also believe that APMs will play an important role in fighting these kinds of bacteria.
  9. #9 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Peptides will surely play an important role in the medical field since it contributes a lot of health benefits. Unfortunately, it has to be prescribed by a doctor to make it good for your body. If they're not prescribed and you are just using it for your personal reasons, people have a different view on it.
  10. #10 20th October 2015 
    Thanks
    At least the scientists are going somewhere. I think antimicrobial peptides will be the solution to drug - resistant bacteria.
  11. #11 20th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Because there are growing cases of health threats that are related to drug - resistant bacteria, I think using antimicrobial peptides is a great solution. I believe it just doesn't fight the bacteria, but also contribute other health benefits.
  12. #12 21st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Anitmicrobial peptides can help in solving the drug-resistant bacteria problem, but I think scientists will look and will eventually find other means to fight these bacteria.
  13. #13 21st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Antimicrobial peptides must be one of their biggest accomplishments in fighting bacteria that are resistant to drugs. It's accessible, though expensive, but still excellent medication for those suffering with these types of health complications.
  14. #14 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Anitbiotic peptides will be the next big thing in the medication department. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a breakthrough with antibiotic peptides, basing on the benefits they give us.
  15. #15 23rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Even so, peptides are still not accepted. They'd still find other ways to solve this bacteria problem without involving peptides in the process.
  16. #16 24th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peptidenoob View Post
    Even so, peptides are still not accepted. They'd still find other ways to solve this bacteria problem without involving peptides in the process.
    I agree with you. Even if there are parts of the world that allow the use of peptides, there are still countries that consider it illegal, such as the UK. They will still find other ways to solve the bacteria problem that won't involve peptides.