• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks

holiday supplements

Hello,

I will be going away on holidays for two weeks soon. There will probaly be alot of alcohol consumed on this holiday so I am looking for supplements to bring with me, to aid recovery/hangover.

So far I am thinking:

Lots of water
    Multi Vitamin
    Magnesium
    Electrolytes
    Fish Oils

Any other suggestions, not just for hangover?
  2. #2 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    N-acetyl-cysteine can do some good regarding the alcohol and liver damage. Melatonin is nice taken at a low dose at your normal bedtime to preserve some of the rhythms if you are staying up later than normal. Maybe some fiber blend if you find you tend to overeat a lot. Maybe some leucine capsules to take daily once or twice if you want to hedge your bets against any catabolism from irregular schedule, lack of training, and less control over diet.

Most importantly though just enjoy yourself. Try not to gain a bunch of fat. Maybe do a little fasting if you wake up not hungry.
  3. #3 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    I like the idea of fasting and leucine. If I wake up hungover I will more than likely not want to eat for a while, so I could fast for a few hours. Maybe have a strong coffee and go for a swim or cycle.

Might come back leaner haha

Thanks
  4. #4 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Where is it that you are going? Remember your digestive system may not accommodate local food too well. I've lost many pounds when I travel to "non-western" countries. Then again I have a sensitive digestive system.
  5. #5 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Spain, Ibiza. Food choices will be similar to home, lots of seafood.
  6. #6 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    +1 on the n-acetyl cysteine. I feel noticeably better when taking it...

I went to Greece recently, I dosed MT-II for a few doses before leaving, it worked wonderfully to prevent burning.
  7. #7 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Edz View Post
    +1 on the n-acetyl cysteine. I feel noticeably better when taking it...

I went to Greece recently, I dosed MT-II for a few doses before leaving, it worked wonderfully to prevent burning.
    How long after your last administration of MT2 did you still see benefits? Or did you start to burn towards the end of the week. I know MT2 has a long half-life so how long would you be covered after your last shot?

Thanks
  8. #8 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    In my experience, every vacation I've taken I've always lost 3-10 lbs in 7-12 days. This is due to loss of appetite in sun destinations, fact that I dont care too much of eating 6 meals a day, lots of drinking, playing, dancing, etc.

One thing I've learned is that I will take some portable protein bars so that I can get mycalories and protein in. After all you are on vacation inluding vacation from BB but I dont want to set myself back again by losing 10 lbs.

Ohhh and maybe some Vit C or DHEA. However might want to check the legality for certain supps like DHEA in certain countries.
  9. #9 27th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johny bravo View Post
    N-acetyl-cysteine can do some good regarding the alcohol and liver damage. Melatonin is nice taken at a low dose at your normal bedtime to preserve some of the rhythms if you are staying up later than normal. Maybe some fiber blend if you find you tend to overeat a lot. Maybe some leucine capsules to take daily once or twice if you want to hedge your bets against any catabolism from irregular schedule, lack of training, and less control over diet.

Most importantly though just enjoy yourself. Try not to gain a bunch of fat. Maybe do a little fasting if you wake up not hungry.
    N-acetyl-cysteine is really a great product. It is what most of my colleagues recommend.

and yes, do not forget to watch your diet even when you are partying. However, you should not refrain from enjoying the night/day.
  10. #10 27th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hulk View Post
    I like the idea of fasting and leucine. If I wake up hungover I will more than likely not want to eat for a while, so I could fast for a few hours. Maybe have a strong coffee and go for a swim or cycle.

Might come back leaner haha

Thanks
    That's right. You just have to be careful that you don't over eat. You can still enjoy the holidays even when you watch what you eat. Also, drink lots and lots of water. Have fun!
  11. #11 28th October 2015 
    Thanks
    That's a nice idea: find the time to swim and cycle. That way, you are not only burning the calories you took the other night, but also rev up your energy for your activities for the day.
  12. #12 30th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Having a coffee to start your day somewhat represses your appetite, so I think that'll give you to fast for a few hours.
  13. #13 10th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by protozoan View Post
    Having a coffee to start your day somewhat represses your appetite, so I think that'll give you to fast for a few hours.
    This is what I do almost every day. I have coffee for breakfast, aside from suppressing my appetite, it gives me the boost, especially now that work has been really stressful lately.