• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #41 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    In other words, one should not go low carb diet while starting insulin and only rely on carbs immediately post lift. The carb depletion will cause a different effect (or magnify the effect of hypo possibilities).

So. Regular diet. 12 carbs per iu. Adjust from there. May need as much as 20g per iu. Just depends on person. And start with 2 ius. Have double the amount of carbs on hand. You may not need them but you want them just in case. Outside of insulin use, practice normal carb intake. Modify 1 variable at a time. Specially with insulin. Don't want low carbs and throw in insulin into the equation when you don't know how you respond to it in first place.
  2. #42 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I used slin but I took my shake straight after it that consist of dextrose and whey protein, but I gained fat. You said a person should not have fat gain from slin if the timing was right so you think one should wait after the shot at least to the time they feel the hypo starting and then take the shake?
  3. #43 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    N.O.

Fat gain is acquired from excess calories; protein, carbs, or fat can turn into fat despite any anabolic use. Was saying that fat gain can be minimized from insulin use if you start slow and pay attention to how your body responds and obviously don't eat fat for about 4-6 hours post insulin shot. (I don't remember exact time frame of hours)
  4. #44 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    But the key is to start slow and to understand how you respond with exogenous insulin BEFORE increasing insulin dose or manipulating the diet elsewhere.

But if you go on insulin for a first time, the last goal in your mind should be fat gain. You should be concerned with understanding how you respond and how sensitive you are.
  5. #45 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    When you use slin, you take carbs immediately following shot. If you wait, you may never get chance to get carbs.
  6. #46 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    It's weird how everybody reacts even different to slin. I have my friend I never saw him with fat always 6 packs and he's a big guy. He takes slin in large doses and eats whatever his mothers cooked fat, carbs, protein everything. And he never gets fat on slin. And I only take my shake of whey and dextrose and get fat.
  7. #47 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    It's weird how everybody reacts even different to slin. I have my friend I never saw him with fat always 6 packs and he's a big guy. He takes slin in large doses and eats whatever his mothers cooked fat, carbs, protein everything. And he never gets fat on slin. And I only take my shake of whey and dextrose and get fat.
    Take note which insulin you are using, there's quite a few.
  8. #48 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TikTak View Post
    Take note which insulin you are using, there's quite a few.
    Humalog fast acting.
  9. #49 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    Abs. Most over rated body part ever.
  10. #50 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    It figures that what I said would fall on deaf ears here. There is no legitimate use for injected insulin in body building period. You will ruin your metabolism or risk death if you use enough to actually produce any real or measurable results.
  11. #51 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nytegeek View Post
    It figures that what I said would fall on deaf ears here. There is no legitimate use for injected insulin in body building period. You will ruin your metabolism or risk death if you use enough to actually produce any real or measurable results.
    Have you used it for bodybuilding? Or are you diabetic or doctor?
  12. #52 8th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Have you used it for bodybuilding? Or are you diabetic or doctor?

Yes I'm diabetic, no I obviously wouldn't use it for body building, and you don't need to be a doctor to know it's a stupid move. I do have a good deal of education in biology and medical matters. Feel free to ask a doctor for yourself if you don't believe me. I'm pretty sure you already know you will be discouraged from abusing insulin in this manner. I could easily post a wall of text explaining the mechanism of action for insulin in the body and outline all the risks vs. benefits but it wouldn't make a difference. Using it for body building and believing it is giving you results is not the same as a measured and reasoned scientific discovery of fact.
    Last edited by nytegeek; 8th October 2015 at 03:47 PM.
  13. The Following User Says Thank You to nytegeek For This Useful Post:

protozoan (2nd December 2015)

14. #53 2nd December 2015 
    Thanks
    I wouldn't also use it for body building. Many in my family has diabetes, I'm so lucky I didn't inherit the disease. I know that insulin abuse or misuse can be lethal, that's why I would never recommend it to anyone. It's too risky.
  15. #54 4th February 2016 
    Thanks
    Give it a try if you want to. You won't be hurting anyone if you just give it a try. Who knows? You might like it and you might think that this is the best for you.