• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cardio

1. #21 17th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I know that cardio can greatly help in losing weight, but you have to pair it with a healthy diet. If you don't watch what you eat, cardio will become useless. As what they say, 30 percent exercise and 70% healthy diet.
  2. #22 17th October 2015 
    Thanks
    To be honest I'd have put the percentages a little closer because while an healthy diet is key to losing weight, I'd have thought that exercise was the main way to actually lose fat, if that makes sense?

Healthy diet to control the calories, exercise to control the fat loss and to tone.
  3. #23 18th October 2015 
    Thanks
    While cardio is good for losing weight, I always view it as an exercise for the heart. I do cardio for 30-40 minutes and it makes me feel a lot better. Before I start working out, I run the treadmill. After running, I feel really good and puts me in the mood to lift.
  4. #24 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    Cardio workouts are usually to build stamina rather than lose fat. The staple diet of a boxers camp is cardio to work on being able to maintain a high level of performance for when they have the fight.

For fat loss and muscle growth, it's more about diet and strength training I've been told.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Cardio is to increase stamina. That is why athletes include cardio in their routine. They are able to perform better if they have great stamina.
  5. #25 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I try and do cardio at least every other day. If I wait any longer than that I feel that I am getting slow with my days, have less energy, and my food cravings change. For me, cardio is so important for healthy living. I love to go running or even spinning! Whatever I can do to get my heart rate up and burn those calories. I find that I feel better throughout the day, and I am able to fall asleep easier at night. It is create for a way to avoid sleepless nights.
  6. #26 20th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    To be honest I'd have put the percentages a little closer because while an healthy diet is key to losing weight, I'd have thought that exercise was the main way to actually lose fat, if that makes sense?

Healthy diet to control the calories, exercise to control the fat loss and to tone.
    If a person really wants to lose weight, he should be very strict with his diet. I also read somewhere on the internet that it's 30% exercise and 70% diet, though I wouldn't say it was a reliable source, just a random blog.
  7. #27 20th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stanleyr View Post
    If a person really wants to lose weight, he should be very strict with his diet. I also read somewhere on the internet that it's 30% exercise and 70% diet, though I wouldn't say it was a reliable source, just a random blog.
    I've also read that while searching for fat loss tips on the internet. I personally think it's really up to you what works best for your body. You are the only one who knows your body best and what it needs so it's up to you on how you adjust to lose the extra pounds.
  8. #28 20th October 2015 
    Thanks
    After all the posts on this thread, one thing that stands out is that cardio should be incorporated into your workout, at least a couple of times a week maybe.

Stamina is obviously important and the more stamina you build up, the longer you'll be able to do the other exercises and that in turn will speed your weight loss.
  9. #29 21st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Cardio is good for losing weight. That's why many women jog every day. I agree that for us who wants to bulk up, it's a good way to gain more stamina so we can do heavy lifting exercises better.
  10. #30 21st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PolyC View Post
    Try some sprints if you want to lose weight. Especially if you've hit a plateau. Mix in periods of rest with intense workouts. That will help you melt away that fat in no time.
    I did lose weight doing this but I've stopped and just do 30-40 minute cardio before I start working out. Seems working great for me.
  11. #31 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dseriousone View Post
    I did lose weight doing this but I've stopped and just do 30-40 minute cardio before I start working out. Seems working great for me.
    Seems like you're doing cardio now mainly to increase stamina, which is really good since lifting is effective in losing the fat and build up the muscles.
  12. #32 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maneken View Post
    Cardio and fat loss, is it necessary needed what are people thoughts?
    Doing cardio every day?
    Hiit?
    Just maybe 1-3 steady 20min runs, or simply non and deficit all through diet?
    surely if in a good enough deficit, doing large or long or intense amounts of cardio, is only gonna effect recovery and create muscle loss?
    this is the reason you reduce volume of weight lifting and focus more on maintaining strength / strenght training, whilst In a deficit to preserve lean mass.
    All advice helpful and appreciated.
    Cardio is definitely important. We cannot deny that and we need to do it almost everyday (but not literally everyday). Remember that you also have to skip your training sessions at least once a week to give your muscles a time to heal and repair.
  13. #33 30th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Doing low intensity cardio gives you a head start when working out. It increases your stamina and it's like telling your body that it's time to work out so when you do cardio, the body is preparing itself for more work out that are harder.
  14. #34 1st November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by protozoan View Post
    Doing low intensity cardio gives you a head start when working out. It increases your stamina and it's like telling your body that it's time to work out so when you do cardio, the body is preparing itself for more work out that are harder.
    I've been taking long walks for a while now and I can say that it really helps with my overall health. I have proper breathing and steady blood pressure and blood sugar.
  15. #35 2nd November 2015 
    Thanks
    I do early morning run every day to keep my weight in check. It also improves my mood and prepare myself for another busy day. I think cardio greatly contributes to losing and maintaining weight.
  16. #36 8th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mirandacraig View Post
    I do early morning run every day to keep my weight in check. It also improves my mood and prepare myself for another busy day. I think cardio greatly contributes to losing and maintaining weight.
    Aside from that, cardio is good for your health. The name itself says it all. It improves your cardio system. It increases stamina.
  17. #37 9th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stanleyr View Post
    I've been taking long walks for a while now and I can say that it really helps with my overall health. I have proper breathing and steady blood pressure and blood sugar.
    Moreover, it helps clear your mind so you can focus more on important things. They say taking long walks, especially at night lets you think properly, and will even increase your creativity.
  18. #38 9th November 2015 
    Thanks
    It's not just long walks that canndo that though, any form of exercise will clear your mind and help you focus on the important things you need to think about.

Not only does exercise keep your body healthy it also helps keep your mind healthy and active also.
  19. #39 9th November 2015 
    Thanks
    To make cardio more effective it is good if you can maintain a heart rate in the correct range for your goals. Contrary to popular belief lifting doesn't do much for fat loss but cardio will when done properly.
  20. #40 9th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nytegeek View Post
    To make cardio more effective it is good if you can maintain a heart rate in the correct range for your goals. Contrary to popular belief lifting doesn't do much for fat loss but cardio will when done properly.
    That belief isn't correct. My friend lost 40kg without doing any cardio. Weight training and calorie deficit is more important in my opinion.