• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: detox

1. #1 1st October 2015 
    Thanks

detox

Maybe not a peptide related question.. But my friend going through opiate detox, has been on suboxone but done altogether and wants to be free. What are some natural things to help get through process? Or are there any peptides that can help? I need nothing that can become a dependance. She has a very addictive nature.
  2. #2 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    This might not be the most helpful answer and I understand you want to help your friend, as I also have had friends go through detox for various addictions but in my experience it's best leaving it to the professionals to decide the best course of action.

As you've said yourself, they've got an addictive personality so anything they take, peptides included might go on to form another addiction.
  3. #3 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    I wish the best for her. Good Luck.
  4. #4 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    I wish the best for her. Good Luck.
    Thanks buddy. A girl I have known for years. Absolutely love her.
  5. #5 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    As pwarbi said, many people who have suffered from addictions can reform addictions more easily.

Even though the substance itself may not be physically addictive, anything that stimulates the serotonin and dopamine receptors in brain can cause a psychological addiction.
    Even something as simple as her thinking a given substance is helping her or making her look/feel better is enough to trigger an addiction.

It's not guaranteed, but people with addictive tendencies are more prone to psychological addiction and thus it's advised to avoid the situation entirely.
  6. #6 1st October 2015 
    Thanks
    Well I would discuss your concerns with the treating medical professional. She is no doubt in a vulnerable place right now, and adding something that she might get dependent on is probably not a good idea. It is just something that you probably should not interfere with. However, good luck to both you and your friend.
  7. #7 2nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Meditation can be helpful during detox. Steam baths or saunas can be helpful. Drinking lots of fresh vegetable juices are beneficial. Taking a prebiotic coupled with a probiotic can help the process of getting better faster. There are plenty of natural things to help restore your body.
  8. #8 5th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peptideguru View Post
    As pwarbi said, many people who have suffered from addictions can reform addictions more easily.

Even though the substance itself may not be physically addictive, anything that stimulates the serotonin and dopamine receptors in brain can cause a psychological addiction.
    Even something as simple as her thinking a given substance is helping her or making her look/feel better is enough to trigger an addiction.

It's not guaranteed, but people with addictive tendencies are more prone to psychological addiction and thus it's advised to avoid the situation entirely.
    Also known as the placebo effect. I think there's a lot of so called medicines that work the same way and while they don't actually help an illness for example, the person taking it thinks it does, so think's they feel better.
  9. #9 5th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Unfortunately a huge part of getting through detox is will power. There is nothing that can help her if she doesn't have the will power to get through it. I wish there were things that we could take that would take care of it all but there isn't. With my experiences with it meditation and as much rest, and relaxation as possible helps a lot. I wish her luck and pray that all goes well.
  10. #10 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I really appreciate your concern for your friend. You are just showing that in good and in bad times of your friend you are there for her. Natural detoxification can really help her like what they had said in the above post. Well I do hope that she will be positively motivated by her own will and good luck for your friend!
  11. #11 6th October 2015 
    Thanks
    While I agree that willpower and motivation is key for a person going through detox and friends and family can help support that person, I think emotional help is all they can do, and its best to leave any form of actual medication to a medical professional.
  12. #12 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Detox facilities can be a huge help for your friend. They can monitor her health and they have equipments needed for her to survive detox. They know what to do in certain withdrawal symptoms or even complications. There are other options for medicines that only a detox facility can give.

If she really wants to be off of opiates, she can try slowly getting off of it. Maybe lowering the dose every week. She also has to stay hydrated during this time as vomiting and diarrhoea is common in people trying to remove opiates off their system.

Acupuncture is another way to help her. There is no guarantee that it will work but it's worth a shot.

As always, consult a professional for better opinions on this issue. Good luck!
  13. #13 11th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I'm have no expertise in this area, but I'd say the best thing you can do is to continue as you are already doing, offering genuine and unquestioning support.

Simple, fresh food - especially raw fruit and vegetables, balanced with wholegrain bread - and clear clean water are good for helping the body repair itself and, if as you say, she has a tendency to addiction, it would seem even more important to let the experts prescribe and help her stick to their prescription.

As others have suggested, meditation can be very helpful and there, you can help too, by making calm time and space for her. I do wish the very best of good luck to you both.
  14. #14 12th October 2015 
    Thanks
    When it comes to the actual medication then leave that to the professional's but as others have said, there are other ways for you to help and sometimes as long as they know you're there if and when they need you for support, that can also be a big factor in helping them through a tough time.
  15. #15 17th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Any update on what happened to that friend? It's really unfortunate when people suffer from addiction. It doesn't matter if its drugs, alcohol, or anything. Addiction is addiction and it can actually destroy a person.
  16. #16 18th October 2015 
    Thanks
    The best thing you can do for your friend is to be there always. You might not have the solution to the problem, but it will make it a lot better knowing that they can count on to someone.
  17. #17 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PolyC View Post
    Meditation can be helpful during detox. Steam baths or saunas can be helpful. Drinking lots of fresh vegetable juices are beneficial. Taking a prebiotic coupled with a probiotic can help the process of getting better faster. There are plenty of natural things to help restore your body.
    Saunas are really helpful, not just for those going through detox for addictions, but for many of us. It helps release toxins from the body and after every sauna, you'll feel rejuvenated.
  18. #18 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I wish her the best of luck during this time. I agree with another post in here: meditation can be a very helpful tool during this time. It is great to see that she has such a strong support system like yourself during this time. Best of luck.
  19. #19 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhealthy View Post
    Any update on what happened to that friend? It's really unfortunate when people suffer from addiction. It doesn't matter if its drugs, alcohol, or anything. Addiction is addiction and it can actually destroy a person.
    I also wouldn't mind an update on how the OP friend is getting on. Addiction can be a terrible thing to go through and some people handle the recovery process better than others so I'm just hopeful she's doing alright at least.
  20. #20 20th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Getting the right help is essential in overcoming addiction, but it will still depend on the person suffering from it. If he or she doesn't want to get cured, even with the best methods won't work on him or her. He or she must accept the fact that he or she needs treatment and should cooperate 100%.