• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks

should I donate blood while using peptides?

When donating blood, there are several medications such as Propecia, accuatane and others that are listed and if taking, put you on a deferral list. Sermorelin is not on that list and I suspect Mod GRF-129 would be similar to that. What about some of the other ones? Is there any peptide that when taking, one should not donate blood?
  2. #2 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    This may not help but in the UK you cannot donate blood at all for 6 months (or maybe longer, I can't remember) if you've had anything administered by injection.

Is this for health reasons or simply to donate blood?
  3. #3 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    I am asking more from an ethical perspective than a policy form for a donor.

The questionnaires for various donation organizations have differing rules. One place disqualifies you for life if you have ever injected anything not prescribed by a doctor. That would potentially include a vitamin B shot. Another wants 1 year deferral for any research medication.

If someone knew he or she had AIDS and gave blood anyway, that would be bad. I would speculate that something like GHRP-G would be ok because if it would be bad to donate, it would be bad to be taking. Propecia is different though because you can't donate for a year afterwards, and the medication is still prescribed. I am not sure of why it is different, it is just on a list but I don't know why.

There are many people that need blood and I feel I have a responsibility to help if I can.
  4. #4 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    I'm getting set to start donating plasma with the wife twice per week. Our goal is to be able to cover half of rent with just blood money. Of course I plan on answering no to the question about whether or not I've injected anything recently. I've only injected peptides and didnt think it to be an issue whatsoever, but if anybody has any reason that they feel that I shouldn't donate due to peptides I'd love to listen. I certainly don't want to harm anybody with my blood.
  5. #5 23rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    No. You shouldn't. You are basically using substances for off label or unproven effects. You don't have any business passing that on to others.
  6. #6 23rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    That's right, I don't think you should risk it. But these are our opinions only. I think it's best if you ask a doctor regarding about it cause it might be safe and there's nothing that you should worry about.
  7. #7 23rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    In a word no. Donating blood while your injecting is illegal here in the UK, and while it might not be in other parts of the world, I think you know yourself that it shouldn't really be done, and even if you do the blood will usually be tested and thrown out anyway, so your efforts, no matter how good intentioned will be in vain.
  8. #8 24th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    In a word no. Donating blood while your injecting is illegal here in the UK, and while it might not be in other parts of the world, I think you know yourself that it shouldn't really be done, and even if you do the blood will usually be tested and thrown out anyway, so your efforts, no matter how good intentioned will be in vain.
    That's right. Op will just be wasting his time and effort, because you are passing an untested substance to another human being and there might be serious effects. Medical professionals will always check that the blood donated is clean and pure.
  9. #9 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
    This may not help but in the UK you cannot donate blood at all for 6 months (or maybe longer, I can't remember) if you've had anything administered by injection.

Is this for health reasons or simply to donate blood?
    Well, I think this is quite common to other countries as well (not just United Kingdom) So, I think that one should wait for quite a few months before donating blood if they have used peptides (through injection)
  10. #10 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediaffi View Post
    I am asking more from an ethical perspective than a policy form for a donor.

The questionnaires for various donation organizations have differing rules. One place disqualifies you for life if you have ever injected anything not prescribed by a doctor. That would potentially include a vitamin B shot. Another wants 1 year deferral for any research medication.

If someone knew he or she had AIDS and gave blood anyway, that would be bad. I would speculate that something like GHRP-G would be ok because if it would be bad to donate, it would be bad to be taking. Propecia is different though because you can't donate for a year afterwards, and the medication is still prescribed. I am not sure of why it is different, it is just on a list but I don't know why.

There are many people that need blood and I feel I have a responsibility to help if I can.
    You really have a great goal. Being able to help is surely a good thing. Unfortunately, you still can't donate. Try to quit using peptides for a few months before donating. If you are really fond of peptides, then you can just go back to your peptides routine once you are done donating blood.
  11. #11 26th October 2015 
    Thanks
    No, dear. Unfortunately, no matter how great thing is your goal, you won't still be able to donate blood since you are still using peptides. Quit on peptides and wait for 6 months before you start donating blood and that will be fine.
  12. #12 28th October 2015 
    Thanks
    It's just not peptides. As long as you are under medication or supplements that may be passed on through blood, you are not allowed to donate. If you want to make sure, it's best to ask advice from a doctor.
  13. #13 12th November 2015 
    Thanks
    As long as you are taking medications, supplements, etc through the blood stream, you are not allowed to donate blood as the person who will get the blood might be allergic or won't have a positive response to the substances you are taking.