• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 24th September 2015 
    Thanks

Is there any difference between glutamine and glutamine peptide?

I know there’s a difference, but would like to how it is different. Of course glutamine peptide is more expensive, so want to know if it’s really worth to use this instead of regular glutamine.
  2. #2 27th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Regular glutamine is less stable compared to glutamine peptide. That is why glutamine petide is more expensive than regular glutamine since it works faster in the body.
  3. #3 2nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    Glutamine peptide is definitely more effective in muscle repair. If you take a regular glutamine supplement you need quite a bit to be beneficial. It's good for stomach issues as well.
  4. #4 3rd October 2015 
    Thanks
    I believe that glutamine like many of the peptides is something that is made naturally by the body and it has many applications across the board. those who are looking for a quality peptide to use may wish to use glutamine. it is something that is noted for use within the medical community. I would agree with the above individual who states that the peptide it is the thing to be used in muscle repair.
  5. #5 17th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Glutamine is free from being bonded to other amino acids, while glutamine peptide isn't. This means that glutamine peptide is more stable compared to the regular glutamine. But if you want better absorption and stability in your body, combining the two is a good idea.
  6. #6 18th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ariel_manalo View Post
    Glutamine is free from being bonded to other amino acids, while glutamine peptide isn't. This means that glutamine peptide is more stable compared to the regular glutamine. But if you want better absorption and stability in your body, combining the two is a good idea.
    Why is it better to combine the two? Is there a huge difference compared to just having the glutamine peptide?
  7. #7 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I took the time to research for us to understand better. But for those who don't want to read it because it's really long, it appears that glutamine peptides are better.
    "Glutamine Peptides in Layman's Terms
    To understand the differences in glutamine peptides and regular glutamine, one must first obtain the knowledge of exactly what are peptides and how they are different from free form amino acids. Peptides are amino acids broken down into their smaller more digestible form using the hydrolyzation process. Only hydrolyzation can produce the smaller peptides, superior to free form amino acids and larger peptides currently found in your whey proteins that are produced NOT using the hydrolyzation method. The supplement companies make it sound difficult because there is a small amount of peptides that occur naturally, regularly commercially produced whole-protein supplements. Unfortunately, what the don't tell you is that these are the larger peptides with a high molecular weight, which is different from smaller di and tri peptides that are produced using the hydrolyzation method.
    Several studies have shown that smaller peptides are better absorbed than larger peptides and regularly manufactured protein.
    1. Amino acids from peptides are more readily absorbed than free-form amino acids, thus producing a greater insulin reaction.
    2. Humans fed smaller peptides compared to whole-protein foods had a greater increase in amino acid levels.
    3. Hydrolysated products produce greater pharmacological effects (increasing GH and insulin response).
    4. OLIGOPEPTIDES are LARGER PEPTIDES, which are absorbed much SLOWER than small tri and di peptides. Supplement companies try to use the word "oligopeptides" to fool the customer with scientific mumbo-jumbo when they're actually stabbing themselves in the back!

Thus now our customers can see, why the Protein Factory choose Glutamine peptides instead of free-form L-Glutamine. You will get a better response with glutamine peptides when compared to L-Glutamine.

How to use a glutamine peptide supplement and incorporate it into your customized protein.
    Our recommendation is to use the glutamine peptides at a serving of approximately 5 grams before and after your workout. Buy it separately and mix it in a blender with your regular protein shake. Remember, any protein processed through hydrolyzation tastes bitter, so it is difficult to take by itself. If you want to add it to your regular protein so you get approximately 5 extra grams of glutamine peptides, we would have to add 100 grams of glutamine per 340 grams of any protein you choose.
    For example:
    If you had 17 grams of protein and add 5 grams of glutamine to that it would give you 22 grams, so multiple 17 times 20 and that equals 340 grams. Add 100 grams of glutamine to that to equal 440 grams plus flavoring to total 1 pound. Thus one would be guaranteed to get 5 grams of glutamine peptide when taking a 22 gram serving size of powder."
  8. The Following User Says Thank You to click_me For This Useful Post:

beastieboy (19th October 2015)

9. #8 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    From what I know, you can't mix glutamine peptide with water. So if you are drinking shakes, you are not allowed to take them.
  10. #9 19th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burner09 View Post
    Why is it better to combine the two? Is there a huge difference compared to just having the glutamine peptide?
    Yeah, this confuses me as well. If glutamine peptide is better and will give you great results, why bother mixing it with L-glutamine?
  11. #10 22nd October 2015 
    Thanks
    If glutamine peptide is better, no need to make things complicated. Just use it and I don't think that you'll get better results if you mix it with L-glutamine.
  12. #11 12th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I still don't know why it's better to combine the two. Is it better to just use glutamine peptide to avoid complications and confusion?