• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #21 24th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Can these only be taken with a syringe or do they come in other forms? Can they only be purchase from particular dealers of local drugstores/pharmacies? How does one know the products you are purchasing are safe?
  2. #22 28th October 2015 
    Thanks
    To make sure the products are safe, you should get it from a well-known supplier or seller. Make sure they have a good reputation. Another way is to directly buy the more expensive ones. Those that are made from China tend to have lesser effects and more serious side effects.
  3. #23 29th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Low intensity cardio and doing weights will make sure that you don't gain back the pounds you shed. Also, watch what you eat.
  4. #24 30th October 2015 
    Thanks
    You can't buy them from pharmacies unless you have a doctor's order or a prescription. Peptides are still not accepted for personal use.
  5. #25 12th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oraclemay View Post
    Can these only be taken with a syringe or do they come in other forms? Can they only be purchase from particular dealers of local drugstores/pharmacies? How does one know the products you are purchasing are safe?
    Taking them via IV, subq, IM, and ID are the way it should be. I'm not sure if the oral ones are legit, but I don't think they are as effective as injecting them.
  6. #26 12th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oraclemay View Post
    There are not any oral peptides, if you see someone is selling them then it's a scam. There are some intranasal versions of melanotan but it is much less effective.
  7. #27 16th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I've always thought that peptides taken orally are scam. But, according to this study, scientists are now advancing to administering peptides in various ways:

"Currently, most peptide drugs are administered by the parental route and approximately 75% are given as injectables. However, alternative administration forms are gaining increasing traction, including oral, intranasal, and transdermal delivery routes, according to the respective technology developments [6]. One example of an alternative administration route evaluated for application to peptides is the transbuccal delivery via the combination of gold nanoparticles (Midatech) and the PharmFilm™ (Monosol Rx) technology. Accordingly, Midasol Therapeutics is currently carrying out clinical development of a transbuccal delivery system that utilizes insulin-passivated gold glyconanoparticles [7]. Another example is the TopAct™ technology platform from ActoGeniX, which might enable oral delivery of peptides directly expressed in the gastrointestinal tract [8].

The use of alternative administration forms could also enable greater usage of peptide therapeutics in other disease areas, such as inflammation, where topical administration of peptides could be the basis for highly efficacious novel treatments. Although not within the scope of this article, peptides are often excellent biomarkers and, therefore, can also be used for diagnostic purposes [9]. Finally, peptides have also found an application as vaccines."
  8. #28 17th November 2015 
    Thanks
    There may be orally taken peptides now, I'm not really sure, but I doubt they'll be as effective. Just like the nasal ones, they are not as effective as those that are injected.
  9. #29 29th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes, there are already peptides that can be administered nasally and orally. I don't know if they are as effective, but someday, they will be. This is actually good news for me, because I don't really like needles, and it would really be awesome if I can already take them orally and still be as effective as those injected.