• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 26th July 2010 
    Thanks

Vitiligo - loss of skin color

Would this work on people with vitiligo that have lost the skin pigment?
  2. #2 26th July 2010 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: vitiligo - loss of skin color

"
    Would this work on people with vitiligo that have lost the skin pigment?
    "

Unfortunately not without a good amount of luck and photo-therapy, Melanotan peptides will not help those with vitiligo (imho)* ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    gfgfggfg
  3. #3 6th March 2014 
    Thanks

Re: vitiligo - loss of skin color

I suffer from vitligo at such an early age,my parents went to doctors in many places with the hope of curing me of the disease. However, my conditions did not get any better despite the expense of a lot of money. They decided to have a try and took me to a Chinese hospital. The affected sites on my body had improved significantly in less than a month. After reinforcement treatment of experts, I have completely recuperated my health and I have become cheerful. I would like to share this with whoever has the same problems,you can talk to their doctors on the website of vitiligotcm.
  4. #4 30th March 2015 
    Thanks

Re: Vitiligo - loss of skin color

Unfortunately, no. Melanotan I/II will not help or cure Vitiligo or albino-ism. Melanotan helps amplify pre-existing melanin but it can not create melanin where none exist.
  5. #5 3rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    It will not work. You have no existing melanin, so it would not be a factor, or change your skin pigment in any way - try another product.
  6. #6 4th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I read somewhere that a cure for vitiligo is being developed, but like Mnyte says, if there is no melanin it cannot create it. On the other hand, is it an absence of melanin or something in the body destroys it?
  7. #7 5th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I do not think it will help. But, I am not a professional.

Perhaps you should consult a doctor or even Google it. You will be surprised by how much you can find out.
  8. #8 7th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I was on Google for a while trying to understand if in fact Vitiligo could be cured or improved with peptides and all I found were some trials, nothing conclusive.
  9. #9 7th August 2015 
    Thanks
    No, it would not work since vitiligo completely destroys melanin in some parts of the skin. Although, peptides can somewhat improve it but it definitely does not cure.
  10. #10 7th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I don't think it would work. I don't think there is anything anyone with this type of skin problem can do at this time.
  11. #11 25th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Researchers have said the Vitiligo is know as the,"white patch disease." Vitiligo is when the skin pigmentation is lost and start forming blotches. The peptides are know to remove the white spots and it also helps with wrinkles. Peptides can also help the skin get back to its normal state.
  12. #12 1st September 2015 
    Thanks
    Unfortunately I tend to agree with you sbatz, but at the same time who knows if in a near future peptides might help? The potential is huge and developments can happen at any time.
  13. #13 22nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    I saw this thread and decided to do a little research on it. Unfortunately, I don't think peptides can work. Like others have rightly stated, if you don't have something at all, how can you improve on it.
  14. #14 22nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, no. Melanotan I/II will not help or cure Vitiligo or albino-ism. Melanotan helps amplify pre-existing melanin but it can not create melanin where none exist.
  15. #15 22nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    I have heard that there is now a cure for vitiligio, but, I don't think peptides can cure it. As others have stated, peptides can only enhance the melanin in the skin, not create new ones.
  16. #16 12th November 2015 
    Thanks
    So, what can treat vitiligo? I have a friend who has albinism and even though she completely accepts it, it can't be avoided that people tend to look at her differently. I would love to suggest to her a treatment.
  17. #17 16th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peptidenoob View Post
    So, what can treat vitiligo? I have a friend who has albinism and even though she completely accepts it, it can't be avoided that people tend to look at her differently. I would love to suggest to her a treatment.
    There are various treatments for vitiligo, depending on what works for the person. Here are some great treatments: Vitiligo Treatments | Treatments & Products
  18. #18 17th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peptidenoob View Post
    It's nice that she was able to accept her appearance. People who have this condition tend to be uncomfortable with their looks, and most often we realize, they suffer from depression.
  19. #19 29th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, there is still so much that scientists need to learn about this skin condition. That's why there is still no permanent cure, yet. But, they say that it can help those that have the skin condition if they follow a gluten-free diet.