• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #21 19th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Insulin is really a very dangerous thing to mess with. A previous poster mentioned weight gain but you are at greater risk of death or complications resulting from a sudden or severe drop in blood glucose levels.
  2. #22 19th September 2015 
    Thanks
    I know a lot of bodybuilders who use insulin and there bodies are insanely great! Some of them are even as good as the professional bodybuilders. Insulin can definitely improve your body. However, I am not using it as I am not that familiar with the drug. I do not know if there are possible side effects we might encounter in the future.
  3. #23 19th September 2015 
    Thanks
    As others have previously said, insulin can be dangerous and while some people have received positive effects from using it, in my opinion the risks far outweigh the benefits so I'd be tempted to stay away from it.
  4. #24 19th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Insulin, like any compound, can be dangerous if taken in high doses, so you need to stick toa strict regime and if you notice and adverse side-effects you should stop taking it immediately.
  5. #25 19th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Insulin, like any compound, can be dangerous if taken in high doses, so you need to stick toa strict regime and if you notice and adverse side-effects you should stop taking it immediately.

It is dangerous at low doses as well and is entirely unnecessary. If you understood the mechanism of action you would use something else.
  6. #26 20th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Before you start Slin I would use metformin (Glucophage) It is a pill given to type 2 diabetics this makes body cells more sensitive to the insulin your body produces. It is much safer.
    This is great advice, thanks man. I also want to use insulin because I’ve seen what it does and it is super effective for gains. Friends who have used slin are huge and they get massive gains in a short time, so you’ll be happy with the results. The thing is that you should really be careful. Do your research, take small doses and learn to know it.
  7. #27 20th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Insulin can be very dangerous if used improperly. You have to be very careful when using it. That being said, it can be very effective. Make sure you do your research and you should get good results. Just be very careful!
  8. #28 20th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Before you start Slin I would use metformin (Glucophage) It is a pill given to type 2 diabetics this makes body cells more sensitive to the insulin your body produces. It is much safer.
    What!?!? Increasing insulin sensitivity does not make using it safer. It does the exact opposite actually. Metformin doesn't actually work they way you described either. It takes over the function of CBP. CPB is the signaling protein involved that communicates between the liver and the pancreas. It affects glucose production by the liver and its suppression by insulin. It does not make the cells in your body more sensitive to insulin.
  9. #29 21st September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nytegeek View Post
    What!?!? Increasing insulin sensitivity does not make using it safer. It does the exact opposite actually. Metformin doesn't actually work they way you described either. It takes over the function of CBP. CPB is the signaling protein involved that communicates between the liver and the pancreas. It affects glucose production by the liver and its suppression by insulin. It does not make the cells in your body more sensitive to insulin.
    This right here.

Trust me OP, you don't need to insulin. Do you want to become a professional bodybuilder? If not, it's not worth it to play with this hormone. It's too dangerous on the long run, especially if you are prone to developing diabetes. It's easy to develop insulin resistance, especially if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

Why would you risk to develop diabetes (in the best case scenario) after a few years? It's not like your pancreas could be started and stopped whenever you wanted.
  10. #30 21st September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 111kg View Post
    Why would you risk to develop diabetes (in the best case scenario) after a few years? It's not like your pancreas could be started and stopped whenever you wanted.
    That's the reason you cycle it.. Like 4 weeks on/4 weeks off.. And if you stick to a strict regimen, and have researched it for long enough time to know everything I don't see a problem why not to do it.
  11. #31 21st September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nytegeek View Post
    I think his idea was that metmorfin is safer then insulin, so you can try using it before even thinking about insulin. And you definitely shouldn't use both of them together. It's primary action is to reduce the excessive production of glucose by the liver, a common problem of type 2 diabetes. The action of metformin helps control blood glucose levels. Metformin also improves the uptake of glucose by your muscle tissue. In general, metformin reduces insulin resistance and improves insulin sensitivity, therefore helping the insulin your body makes to work better.
  12. #32 22nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    I believe using it once per week on a lagging muscle group might work well and maybe something to think about in the future.
  13. #33 22nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I think really the only place for it in bodybuilding is for lean, ectomorphs and if used properly and frequently it will help them massively.

But, if you are not thinking about competing then it is not really a problem and can be helpful to push through your limits.

I won't be using it on a regular basis again to be honest but it was fun to try it. It actually made me reach my heaviest weight.

I believe using it once per week on a lagging muscle group might work well and maybe something to think about in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by ellyjude View Post
    Why you are copying my post?
  14. The Following User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:

111kg (22nd September 2015)

15. #34 23rd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ellyjude View Post
    Insulin acts system wide. You can't target a muscle group with it. It should never be use IM either.