• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HCG Overdose?

1. #1 12th August 2015 
    Thanks

HCG Overdose?

I feel like my wife is overdosing on HCG as she wants to be fit and all. Is there such or am I just too worried for her? Most of the time she does not eat. I know it is part of the fasting but I think she has gone overboard when she did not eat much for 2 days straight. I was just observing her and she just drinks herbal tea. If there is such a thing as overdosing on HCG, what would be the effects?
  2. #2 13th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Pregnant women maintain extremely high levels of HCG for the entire duration. Women doing IVF or egg donation cycles routinely take doses of 10,000 iu of hcg as a single injection to trigger ovulation. It is a natural hormone and pretty hard to overdose on.

The HCG diet has a very specific food protocol but it's okay to skip some of the items if she is not hungry. If she is having little to no hunger, she should try at the very least to eat the meat portions to maintain her protein levels. She could also experiment with smoothies that are within her calorie range. Fasting sometimes causes complete lack of appetite much like hcg so if she eats something with sugar like an apple to trigger a bit more insulin production, she might find that her appetite returns.
  3. #3 13th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elleni View Post
    Pregnant women maintain extremely high levels of HCG for the entire duration. Women doing IVF or egg donation cycles routinely take doses of 10,000 iu of hcg as a single injection to trigger ovulation. It is a natural hormone and pretty hard to overdose on.

The HCG diet has a very specific food protocol but it's okay to skip some of the items if she is not hungry. If she is having little to no hunger, she should try at the very least to eat the meat portions to maintain her protein levels. She could also experiment with smoothies that are within her calorie range. Fasting sometimes causes complete lack of appetite much like hcg so if she eats something with sugar like an apple to trigger a bit more insulin production, she might find that her appetite returns.
    Can you explain me why would you use HCG for weight loss? The more I read the more I think that all this HCG diet is complete scam
  4. #4 13th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unnamed View Post
    Can you explain me why would you use HCG for weight loss? The more I read the more I think that all this HCG diet is complete scam
    Dunno.. And 500 calorie diet is ridiculous. You are losing weight because you are starving yourself not because of HCG. HCG is used to treat infertility in women and to boost testosterone production in men.
  5. #5 13th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
    Dunno.. And 500 calorie diet is ridiculous. You are losing weight because you are starving yourself not because of HCG. HCG is used to treat infertility in women and to boost testosterone production in men.
    I think the same.. and OP I suggest you should read more about that diet and take your wife off that shit. She don't need to take that HCG that's most likely fake because it doesn't help with direct weight loss or appetite supression
  6. #6 13th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    I think the same.. and OP I suggest you should read more about that diet and take your wife off that shit. She don't need to take that HCG that's most likely fake because it doesn't help with direct weight loss or appetite supression
    Hahaha and I just looked how much these "hcg drops" cost.. like 100$ for a month supply that's crazy but for some reason people are buying them..
    Elleni I really hope you can explain or maybe even show some studies of how hcg helps in weight loss...
  7. #7 14th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Why are you in the forums, Unnamed? Are you paid to debunk the "mystery drug?" I am just curious because I feel like you hate HCG so much. Have you tried it yet? Or have you been scammed? Trying to discredit something that you "feel" is not true, is a serious accusation.
  8. #8 14th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda1210 View Post
    Why are you in the forums, Unnamed? Are you paid to debunk the "mystery drug?" I am just curious because I feel like you hate HCG so much. Have you tried it yet? Or have you been scammed? Trying to discredit something that you "feel" is not true, is a serious accusation.
    Yes I tried it when I was on AAS cycle and it was great.. You girls just use it for wrong reasons.. If you want keep your 500 cal diet but don't use hormone drugs when you don't need them. And I don't want to see scam diets on this forum
    Just googled hcg diet 1st result http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/expert-answers/hcg-diet/faq-20058164
    2nd result http://www.webmd.com/diet/hcg-and-weight-loss
    You can also find tons of studies that it has nothing to do with appetite suppression or weight loss.. Can you find any that says it actually helps with that.?
    Last edited by Unnamed; 14th August 2015 at 06:54 AM.
  9. #9 17th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I think the girls want to use it based on how they want to use it. You do not need to dictate them. If they see or experience any difference, it is okay. Scam diets? Any diet plans that are not strict are more of a scam for me. The key is discipline. If HCG helps the girls to become more disciplined, then it is for their own good. You cannot push everyone to believe you or me or anyone else. It still ends up with their decision.
  10. #10 17th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Well, I have read somewhere that there is even a diet that lets you eat every other day. I am not really sure how it works but most of the time, the followers of that diet just choose to drink tea and "healthy" coffee. Maybe that is what your wife is following, too. If she started to suddenly collapse, then convince her to stop it.
  11. #11 17th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arlene_fits_in View Post
    I think the girls want to use it based on how they want to use it. You do not need to dictate them. If they see or experience any difference, it is okay. Scam diets? Any diet plans that are not strict are more of a scam for me. The key is discipline. If HCG helps the girls to become more disciplined, then it is for their own good. You cannot push everyone to believe you or me or anyone else. It still ends up with their decision.
    I think that any diet that "doesn't work" without some supplement or drug is a scam. Of course you should be strict about caloric and nutrient intake. When I used to have excess weight I used paleo diet with 500 calorie deficit and had great results.. Lost more than 80 pounds in 7 months
  12. #12 20th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I do not believe on cheat days. It is more on the discipline you impose to yourself if you really want to look and feel good. If you think you are up for it, make sure you can stand by it. If not, then it may not be for you. That is why the diet plans are strict. That is the word, strict. You do not get what you want if you do not work hard for it. Just my opinion.
  13. #13 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Having that diet means your wife knows the discipline well enough that she is making that sacrifice to make sure that she gets her desired body weight and tone. If she feels nauseous at some point, it would be lessened as her body is just adjusting to it. Make sure though that you are always there for her to encourage her than criticize her.
  14. #14 25th August 2015 
    Thanks
    To comment on the OP, it's ok to be concerned about your wife obviously, but I'm assuming she's an adult that knows her own mind, so worried or not, there's not a great deal your going to be able to do I wouldn't have thought.

You could mention your concern, but other than that, apart from keeping an eye on her to make sure she doesn't over do things, it's down to her what she does really.
  15. #15 2nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    If worse comes to worst, you better bring her to the hospital. Let her decide on her own but as a husband, you should always be available when she needs you, most especially if she literally collapses. There are really weird diet disciplines now that women believe in but they are effective to them, they believe, so let them be.
  16. #16 2nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JSmith View Post
    I think that any diet that "doesn't work" without some supplement or drug is a scam. Of course you should be strict about caloric and nutrient intake. When I used to have excess weight I used paleo diet with 500 calorie deficit and had great results.. Lost more than 80 pounds in 7 months
    I totally agree with this. Diets and exercise in itself should work, but f course we can also use supplements to make or job easier. We should not rely on them entirely though.
  17. #17 2nd September 2015 
    Thanks
    Woah! 2 days without eating is long enough. I know HCG can help to lose weight but should one starve.
  18. #18 10th September 2015 
    Thanks
    I do not suggest skipping meals when you are on a diet. You'll just encourage yourself to eat more if you starve yourself. So, please tell your wife not to overdo it. She can definitely eat during meal time. However, she has to observe proper diet. Therefore, she can't overeat and she must calculate every calorie she is taking.
  19. #19 10th September 2015 
    Thanks
    HCG plus proper diet + workout is really great for achieving the body shape that we want. However, I do not recommend overdosing yourself with HCG as it can actually heighten the risk of cancer. What's the purpose of having a great body structure when you are not healthy at all?
  20. The Following User Says Thank You to amanda1210 For This Useful Post:

mystified_gem (11th September 2015)

21. #20 11th September 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda1210 View Post
    HCG plus proper diet + workout is really great for achieving the body shape that we want. However, I do not recommend overdosing yourself with HCG as it can actually heighten the risk of cancer. What's the purpose of having a great body structure when you are not healthy at all?
    I did not know it can increase cancer risk until now. Thanks for sharing this information! People should really know this one. Aside from the fact that she is destroying her body by not eating meals, she is also ruining her health by overdosing in HCG.