• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #21 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlyd View Post
    I wouldn't risk going through the air-port with peptides or syringes. It's likely that the security wont understand what that stuff is, and will pull you aside and most likely confiscate it.

you can get syringes from any local pharmacy.
    Absolutely this. Even if you're a doctor, bringing along a syringe on a plane is a huge no-no. If not for legal reasons then for safety concerns. And vice-versa. There is no reason you need to bring any with you. Pick some up at the local pharmacy. In Spain they are fairly cheap. More so than in the Americas from experience. Alternatively, you could try to have a friend send you some via airmail. I have no experience in that department so take that with a grain of salt. If all else fails, call your airport directly and ask if it would be okay. But be prepared to give a doctor's note or some student excuse...Overall just be careful.
  2. #22 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Read my previous post. I think we all agree that we would put them in our checked luggage, most of them time they're put in a package with ten of them, so it's not that they will roll out of your toilet bag. They see thousands of people needing it for diabetes, B12 deficiencies, blood clots,.....

I think we're all talking about syringes, most heavy drugs require other instruments.

Some people go on holidays once a year, others travel a lot more, or travel all the time for business reasons.
    If most local pharmacies just sell them ( over here they never ask any questions), why would any airport assistent think you're transporting hard drugs?

For me personally, I think it's so stressful to constantly send your stuff to an address abroad, to look for pharmacies,....

So as I said: let's just get rational.
  3. #23 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I don't see what everybody's issue is. You're not taking them through security, or onto the plane - if you put them in your suitcase they get weighed then taken into the luggage hold of the plane - they don't 'care' about dangerous instruments here, so long as it's not a bomb, gun or long blade.
    Things like lighters, large volumes of water, aerosols, batteries - all things would be a huge red flag if it was in your carry on but they won't even blink if its in your suitcase.

Chances are if you're going somewhere that'll kick off about syringes then you won't be able to buy them over the counter.

Sending it via mail is just an extra, unnecessary and if anything, worse option. Your mail goes under the same customs scrutiny that your luggage does. If you stick it in your luggage you can blag ignorance, they confiscate it and you're on your way.
    Send it by alternate means when you're going there anyway it just looks like you're gaming the system, and trying to import something you shouldn't.
    Besides, what if you send it and it's delayed, or opened by the hotel/mail holder, only to find syringes and a non nondescript vial? A hell of a lot worse.
  4. #24 21st August 2015 
    Thanks
    In my opinion, I can't see how there would be any issue with bringing syringes if you're already bringing peptides. It's either illegal or it isn't. If it isn't, there's no reason you can't put them in your checked baggage along with your peptides.
  5. #25 22nd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Are you bringing your peptides in the power form or liquid in a vial? Feel that bringing it in a power would probably keep better as you don't have to worry about refrigerating. I'm not entirely sure about Spain, but I've traveled to the UK (flew into London specifically) bringing peptides for a friend and to be honest I forgot about them until he asked. I guess you could also pop it in a different prescription vial or bottle for the added step of concealing it? Not sure how much that would help though.
  6. #26 22nd August 2015 
    Thanks
    To be honest aren't they available in Spain anyway, so I'm not sure why you'd even want to go to the trouble of taking them with you.

I understand that you wouldn't be carrying them on as hand luggage but they'd be going in your suitcase, but they get checked aswell if you get stopped by the customs (I always do by the way) so you'd still have a bit of explaining to do. I just don't think it's worth all the hassle to be honest.
  7. #27 22nd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    To be honest aren't they available in Spain anyway, so I'm not sure why you'd even want to go to the trouble of taking them with you.

I understand that you wouldn't be carrying them on as hand luggage but they'd be going in your suitcase, but they get checked aswell if you get stopped by the customs (I always do by the way) so you'd still have a bit of explaining to do. I just don't think it's worth all the hassle to be honest.
    Peptideguru explained how it works. We also discussed how we could justify needles, vials,....For some it's not about going to Spain once a year, but about travelling more frequently, so it's very good that there would be a more rational approach without overreacting or "thinking"
  8. #28 23rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Djen View Post
    Peptideguru explained how it works. We also discussed how we could justify needles, vials,....For some it's not about going to Spain once a year, but about travelling more frequently, so it's very good that there would be a more rational approach without overreacting or "thinking"
    I normally go away a few times a year, and would hate to have to send them only to turn up and not have it, or to have to go to a pharmacy to get them. It may be different for different areas, but when I went to Solou in October, they wouldn't allow me to buy Paracetamol, or any other painkillers for migraine - heat induced, not alcohol. Personally I doubt that they'll hand over syringes to someone off the street just asking for them.
    Secondly - if you can buy syringes over the counter in that specific place - they will be legal to import so no issue with customs.

If I went away more, I may consider more diversion tactics, B12/Contact lens vials, but personally I don't see the issue - I've been many places and never worry and never get called out or raised eyebrows at anything.
  9. #29 23rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peptideguru View Post
    I normally go away a few times a year, and would hate to have to send them only to turn up and not have it, or to have to go to a pharmacy to get them. It may be different for different areas, but when I went to Solou in October, they wouldn't allow me to buy Paracetamol, or any other painkillers for migraine - heat induced, not alcohol. Personally I doubt that they'll hand over syringes to someone off the street just asking for them.
    Secondly - if you can buy syringes over the counter in that specific place - they will be legal to import so no issue with customs.

If I went away more, I may consider more diversion tactics, B12/Contact lens vials, but personally I don't see the issue - I've been many places and never worry and never get called out or raised eyebrows at anything.
    I think most of us take one, maybe two or three vials with them. One or two packages of syringes amongst many other items. If I would move from Europe to the USA, I wouldnt take 100 vials with me to be safe for a few years, but we're all talking about tiny amounts.
    I think those reality shows on airport security scare the hell out of people, but they show us either criminals dealing drugs being worth millions of dollars or ridiculous stuff like parrots.

Just to be very safe: would you put a label of a contact lens on an empty M2 vial in case their question would be: I see contact lens supplies but no label on it. I'd preserve my B12 far away from the contact lens stuff, once again Just in case....