• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 3rd August 2015 
    Thanks

What are peptides?

I think that Peptides is a word not many people is familiar with, but at the same time (being short chains of amino acid monomers linked by peptide bonds) they exert a huge influence in us and we can see multiple examples of that in sports. How do peptides act inside of us? How can we explain them in in common language?

Last edited by Sunflogun; 3rd August 2015 at 09:04 AM.
  2. #2 3rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes, peptides are small groups of aminoacids that "tell" the body to-do specific things. Most popular peptides produce growth hormone, increase tanning of the skin, speed up a healing response.
  3. #3 3rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Aminoacids are something really important, a real shame that we don't receive proper education at school about them while we learn so many useless stuff. Pretty fascinating that we can take them and produce the desired effects in our body. Are there any risks involved though?
  4. #4 3rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    They are pretty safe to use. Of course some of them have some side effects but nothing too horrible. If you follow dosage directions shouldn't have an issue
  5. #5 3rd August 2015 
    Thanks
    Actually, they are increasing the education standard for physical science, so now schools have accomodated for the vague knowledge that they inform students.
    Yet, it does depend on the interest of the student, if they do want to learn about such a thing.
  6. #6 4th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Steven, when you mention side effects what are you saying exactly? Most people when hear about a growing hormone get scared and think about something illegal.

It's not only up to the student, the schools should make the topic available.
  7. #7 4th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Negative side effects of synthetic growth hormone use are
    carpel tunnel syndrome (doses above 4iu),
    water retention (4iu+)
    pain in joints for first weeks of use
    hypoglycemia (rapid drop of blood sugar)
    growth of bones, fingers organs - extremely high doses for long periods of time
    growth of existing cancer - you should stay away from hgh if you have been diagnosed with cancer

When using low doses for anti aging honestly no sides.
  8. #8 4th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Hey there. Interesting to see this one. I've actually never heard of this word before, and this is why I partly joined this forum. Now that I see what it actually means, I'm all set with my journey on this site. Thank you for shedding some light to me. I was really in need.
  9. #9 4th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    in short they are synthetic hormones, to achieve some short or long terms goals in your life you will want to increase some hormones in your body, it is next to impossible to be done naturally and is quite easy with peptides.
  10. #10 5th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Negative side effects of synthetic growth hormone use are
    carpel tunnel syndrome (doses above 4iu),
    water retention (4iu+)
    pain in joints for first weeks of use
    hypoglycemia (rapid drop of blood sugar)
    growth of bones, fingers organs - extremely high doses for long periods of time
    growth of existing cancer - you should stay away from hgh if you have been diagnosed with cancer

When using low doses for anti aging honestly no sides.
    Thanks for the answer once more. So there are quite a few side effects for the use of this hormone! I guess it's a matter of using the right dosages for a short period of time to avoid them.
  11. #11 5th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Of course you must know what you are doing. If you are looking for general well being and anti aging benefits small dosages but long time periods is a way to go. Because you will start to feel any benefits only after few months of use
  12. #12 5th August 2015 
    Thanks
    I am really lost as to what exactly peptides are but the responses here have really helped me. Thanks a million. You guys are awesome.
  13. #13 6th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Mickella, it's something complex I agree, but you are in the right place to ask questions and get informed as everyone here seems willing to help.

Yeah, we must know what we are doing, the effect like you say Steven are not immediate, so we should be properly informed before we start using peptides.
  14. #14 6th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Peptides are short chains (up to 50) of amino acid monomers, linked by amide (or peptide) bonds. Once a chain reaches 51 bonds, it becomes a protein.

There are 23 different (proteinogenic - "protein building") amino acids. Depending which ones are used, how many there are, and in what order they are arranged in will provide different effects.
    This is called their 'Sequence', a unique identifier of a given peptide. There are millions of potential combinations so there's no real limit to what they can do.
  15. #15 6th August 2015 
    Thanks
    So that's a nice explanation. To be honest I never knew the relation between a peptide and a protein. Basically we can intervene in our body at a detail level what seems extremely interesting and can give great results.
  16. #16 7th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Peptides are are biologically occurring short chains of amino acid monomers linked by peptide bonds. Their effects vary and can be very beneficial! It is actually related to a protein so that is an interesting fact that not many people know about. It can be used for all sorts of things such as bodybuilding, injury repair, and more. There really is so much potential that comes from peptides.
  17. #17 7th August 2015 
    Thanks
    What do you mean that it's related to a protein stridee? I imagine that the peptides can operate at a really detailed level inside of us to enhance what we desire, it's like micro science inside our bodies!
  18. #18 7th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflogun View Post
    What do you mean that it's related to a protein stridee? I imagine that the peptides can operate at a really detailed level inside of us to enhance what we desire, it's like micro science inside our bodies!
    Imagine he means what I said above, that peptides and proteins are made up from the same amino acids.
    If it's less than 50 monomers in a chain it's a peptide - more and it's a protein
  19. #19 7th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Yes, most probably it's that. I had that information you gave me in my head that peptides and amino acids chains, but peptides are under 50 monomers. Surely they have to interact somehow.
  20. #20 7th August 2015 
    Thanks
    Actually, it is not that complicated. Peptides are molecules made out of amino acid but they are broken down in the body faster than protein. Most people use peptides to gain body mass, lose weight or speed up injury recovery.