• Forum Login or
  • Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skincare Basics

1. #21 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    A person's lifestyle is often reflected in the condition of their skin, and if a person doesn't maintain a health balanced diet in the first place, then I agree that no amount of skincare products will be able to cure any problems.
  2. #22 7th October 2015 
    Thanks
    I might also add that adequate sun exposure early in the morning from 6 AM to 9 AM is also important. Aside from the usual Vitamin D that you get, you also get enhanced skin barrier functions just be adequate sun exposure. Certain diseases like atopic dermatitis and vitiligo are also improved with adequate skin exposure. It also introduces nitric oxide which is important in protecting your skin from UV damage. This is one thing that most people forget nowadays. Most people are very afraid of sunlight, even the healthy sunlight.

As long as there is a timeframe and you expose your skin at the appropriate times, then you will surely reap some benefits out of it. So yes, great information you have there though. I think moisturising is an important aspect of maintaining skin elasticity. But hydration from within is also important. Remember to drink up a lot of water to stay hydrated from within.
  3. #23 8th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    A person's lifestyle is often reflected in the condition of their skin, and if a person doesn't maintain a health balanced diet in the first place, then I agree that no amount of skincare products will be able to cure any problems.
    Exactly. This is why I would never set foot into a tanning bed or attempt to get a tan. No amount of skin care products will prevent you from becoming a leathery albino raisin in your older years or stop skin cancer if you choose to tan with any frequency. The albino raisin but might be an exaggeration but it important to understand that tan is just a light sun burn and not good for you.
  4. #24 12th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Thank you very much! I have so many people around me who are in a constant battle with their skin. I usually tell myself and everyone that your skin has to have some relaxation too. Every day exfoliation and acidic facewashes are not good. Find the right balance in skin care.
  5. #25 17th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Taking lots of fluids and using a moisturizer that's rich in vitamin E will surely help your skin. When out in the sun, never forget the sunscreen! It's sad that people don't pay enough attention to their skin.
  6. #26 30th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Many people take their skin for granted without knowing how important the role it plays. See, it's the largest organ in the body and is our way of protecting the entire system from bacteria and other microorganisms that can cause infection.
  7. #27 30th October 2015 
    Thanks
    Thankfully, even if I don't pay attention to my skin that much, I haven't suffered from any skin diseases or conditions. I hope it'll stay that way. But starting now, I'll take care of my skin already.
  8. #28 1st November 2015 
    Thanks
    If you read the whole thing, you'll see how simple it is to take care of your skin, but unfortunately, too hard for people to do. They take their skin for granted thinking it's not a vital part of the body.
  9. #29 2nd November 2015 
    Thanks
    I think since I'm a woman, I pay attention to my skin all the time. I never forget to apply lotion and use sunscreen if I'll be out too long.
  10. #30 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mirandacraig View Post
    I think since I'm a woman, I pay attention to my skin all the time. I never forget to apply lotion and use sunscreen if I'll be out too long.
    Same here. It's important for us ladies to always apply sun protection because unlike the guys, we wear clothes that usually expose our skin.
  11. #31 3rd November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm View Post
    Same here. It's important for us ladies to always apply sun protection because unlike the guys, we wear clothes that usually expose our skin.
    I'm not really fond of exposing my skin, I'm that girl who rather wears a huge comfy shirt. But, I still make sure that my skin is well hydrated.
  12. #32 4th November 2015 
    Thanks
    I'm not really fond of applying lotions and moisturizers, but thankfully, my skin is totally fine and appears healthy to me.
  13. #33 8th November 2015 
    Thanks
    My skin appears healthy to me. I also don't apply lotion and moisturizers all the time, and only do if I can remember. Lol.
  14. #34 9th November 2015 
    Thanks
    A lot of guys are not very particular when it comes to their skin, including me. It's a good thing that our skin don't get dry easily.
  15. #35 9th November 2015 
    Thanks
    This is a splendidly informative and useful article and I couldn't agree more about the benefit of cleansing. It's something so simple to do, yet so easy to skip. Almost every woman I know moisturizes her skin regularly and always has. I can only think of a handful of men who do. In the main I imagine mothers automatically encourage their daughters into good skin maintenance routines, but do they, I wonder, encourage their sons in the same way beyond, perhaps, the use of sunscreens to avoid skin cancers? Do any of you fathers in this group encourage your sons to look after their skin?
  16. #36 10th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Women are really good in taking care of themselves, until they reach motherhood. A lot of them don't have time for themselves anymore, and can no longer take care of themselves properly. That's why a lot of women get sick once they become mothers.
  17. #37 12th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beastieboy View Post
    Women are really good in taking care of themselves, until they reach motherhood. A lot of them don't have time for themselves anymore, and can no longer take care of themselves properly. That's why a lot of women get sick once they become mothers.
    That's because they are not getting the help they need. If they get the right support, they can find the time to take care of themselves, too.
  18. #38 12th November 2015 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mirandacraig View Post
    That's because they are not getting the help they need. If they get the right support, they can find the time to take care of themselves, too.
    I agree with you. Men expect us to take care of their children and at the same time, be beautiful and cater to their needs. That's close to impossible.
  19. #39 29th April 2016 
    Thanks
    Use a moisturiser during the day that contains sunscreen so you don't have to use a separate product. You can also use the same moisturiser you use at night if your foundation and pressed powder contain sunscreen.

A beautifully-formulated lip balm can be used on elbows and heels.

Use your gentle water soluble cleanser with a soft wash cloth—that is the only scrub your skin needs.

Well-formulated toners can remove last traces of makeup on your face, while giving your skin much-needed antioxidants and barrier repair ingredients.

If your face moisturiser is brilliantly formulated it can be the best eye cream you can use. Ditto for your neck and chest!

The exact same exfoliant for your face can be applied on your elbows and chest to make those areas look smooth and younger.
  20. #40 22nd June 2016 
    Thanks
    Thanks for sharing.