• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 14th July 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Modulatory Effect of Melanotan 1 Regenerating the Liver

Modulatory effects of NDP-MSH in the regenerating liver after partial hepatectomy

Abstract
    Melanocortins are endogenous peptides that exert protective actions on the host physiology. The broad modulatory effects of these molecules suggest that they might influence the mediator network induced during liver regeneration. The research aim was to determine if melanocortin treatment alters liver molecular changes induced by partial hepatectomy (PH). Rats under isoflurane anesthesia were subjected to standard 70% PH or sham surgery. Animals received a single i.v. injection of Nle4, DPhe7-?-melanocyte stimulating hormone (NDP-MSH) or saline 30 min before surgery. Sacrifice was performed at time intervals between 4 and 72 h. A preliminary screening based on TaqMan low-density array (TLDA) identified 71 transcripts altered by PH. Real-time PCR analysis revealed that NDP-MSH modulated the expression of a substantial proportion of these transcripts including several chemokines and their receptors. The critical signaling pathway interleukin-6 (IL-6)/signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT)/suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS) was significantly enhanced by NDP-MSH. Further, peptide treatment considerably reduced the decline of I?B? protein caused by PH. Although the final organ regeneration was not substantially affected, NDP-MSH modulated expression of cell cycle mediators and exerted subtle influences on hepatocyte replication. Most of the changes brought about by NDP-MSH, a peptide approved for clinical use, should be salutary during liver regeneration.
  2. #2 1st October 2014 
    Thanks

Re: Modulatory Effect of Melanotan 1 Regenerating the Liver

Could you please break this down into layman's terms? I'm very interested in MTII effects on the liver.
  3. #3 1st October 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    Could you please break this down into layman's terms? I'm very interested in MTII effects on the liver.
    "
    Beg your pardon Ryke, I am unaware of any significant effect MT-II might have on the healthy human liver.
  4. #4 1st October 2014 
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

"
    "
    "
    Beg your pardon Ryke, I am unaware of any significant effect MT-II might have on the healthy human liver.
    "

Ahh, this was my bad, I linked him here! I didn't notice it stated MT1 in the title. I'll have to keep looking, sorry. It may just be that it has no effect on the liver.
  5. #5 4th December 2015 
    Thanks
    I found this one:

Nausea 85%
    Facial Flushing 75%
    Fatigue 44%
    Vomiting 26%
    Injection site reactions 13%
    Zero incidence of erections
    No change in vital signs or haematological parameters, blood biochemistry (liver and renal function)

This is the link: What is Melanotan and Melanotan II? What about side effects?

So, there is no effect on the liver.