• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 27th December 2017 
    Thanks

Question Ginger almost finished 1st vial

Hi,

I'm a skin type 1 red head and have almost finished my first vial of MT2 but haven't noticed any change in skin colour. I've mostly been getting UV exposure twice a week for 15 minutes each time with no SPF. This may not seem like a lot but I live in Australia, so the UV index is 13+ during the afternoon and I have read that it's important not to burn. Recently I've been getting more frequent sun exposure because I have a full week off of work for the Christmas holidays. My source is reputable and I know it's legit because I'm getting new little dark freckles and my facial hair is quite darker, however, my skin hasn't changed at all. Is this normal? Should I be doing longer sessions with SPF? Would two sessions a week be sufficient with Australia's hot climate?

I've ordered another vial to keep going. Hopefully I start seeing results soon!
  2. #2 29th December 2017 
    Thanks
    I'm ginger type 1 with freckles and my experience with mt2 was fantastic. Let me tell you first, 1 vial is not enough. I used 2, took me 5 weeks to use them, I only tried it to see if it works, and it did! I was leaving my thongs on when going sunbed and now- 3 months after I stopped- my tan is still there. This is first time I actually have a tan. I know I didn't get my full potential, as I only took it to see if it works. Next time I will use 4-5 vials (which is often recommended for people with type 1 skin) , cos I will be going on a holiday to Bali so I'm quite looking forward to it. I started slowly from 150mcg on first day, and 100mcg more every day until 500mcg for 10 days. After that, about 4 times a week, I got to the point where I was taking 1mg with no side effects. I didn't experience any bad sides, only good ones (made me horny). I was using sunbed usually 3 times a week. How much have you been dosing and how often? I think 15 mins on sun twice a week isn't enough...
  3. #3 30th December 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ewcia232 View Post
    I'm ginger type 1 with freckles and my experience with mt2 was fantastic. Let me tell you first, 1 vial is not enough. I used 2, took me 5 weeks to use them, I only tried it to see if it works, and it did! I was leaving my thongs on when going sunbed and now- 3 months after I stopped- my tan is still there. This is first time I actually have a tan. I know I didn't get my full potential, as I only took it to see if it works. Next time I will use 4-5 vials (which is often recommended for people with type 1 skin) , cos I will be going on a holiday to Bali so I'm quite looking forward to it. I started slowly from 150mcg on first day, and 100mcg more every day until 500mcg for 10 days. After that, about 4 times a week, I got to the point where I was taking 1mg with no side effects. I didn't experience any bad sides, only good ones (made me horny). I was using sunbed usually 3 times a week. How much have you been dosing and how often? I think 15 mins on sun twice a week isn't enough...
    Thank you for the response! Did you get many new freckles/moles with the 1mg doses?

I've been dosing from 350mcg-500mcg with no sides. What level sunbed were you using and how long was each sunbed session? Did you use sunscreen at the sunbeds?

Also, did you reconstitute with only 1mL bacteriostatic/sterile water if you were doing doses above 500mcg?
    Last edited by yas; 30th December 2017 at 05:52 AM.
  4. #4 30th December 2017 
    Thanks
    I don't think I got any new moles, just those which were there before, got darker. Freckles didn't change colour, which I was really happy about because I have quite a few on my face. I'm not sure what wattage did the light bulbs in sunbed have, sorry, but it has very good reviews and it got me tanned You can go on 3,6,9 or 12 minutes. I went once for 3 minutes, and afterwards I was going on 6 minutes every time. I went on 9 mins once and my back got red, so I went back to going for 6 minutes. I know 6 minutes doesn't seem a lot, but remember that sunbed is much stronger that the sun. I didn't use any sunscreen at all. I mixed vial with 1 ml bac water both times. I would say, keep doing what you doing and you should see some good results. I read stories about type 1 people, who saw results after about 3 or 4 vials. Unfortunately us gingers don't have much melanin in our skin so it takes time to build it up. You said you noticed some mole darkening, so it means it's working. Keep doing 500mcg for now, and I believe you should see some good results, with a bit more sun exposure. Hope that helps a little
  5. #5 7th January 2018 
    Thanks
    Don't use it too much. Many of us have developed tolerance, and for some, it doesn't work any more!
  6. #6 8th January 2018 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG2 View Post
    Don't use it too much. Many of us have developed tolerance, and for some, it doesn't work any more!
    Jeff, are you still unable to get MT2 to work?
  7. #7 9th January 2018 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG2 View Post
    Does it work for you ?
    I had a break of 6 months and took 2 Vials Melanotan 2 and no tan nothing. Got white as I was before ( source worked for my friends awesome)