• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 28th June 2017 
    Thanks

very low dose of Melanotan 2

I've been thinking about running Melanotan 2 at a really low dose because I have no problem in tanning naturally, I have a good skin and it's quite hard to burn in the sun. I would like to run a low dose MT2 because I want a darker tan and naturally I think it's not possible to achieve it. I am worried about the side effects like darkening of freckles and new mole appearance. That's why I am thinking about running MT2 at 200-300mcg per week, would this dose completely prevent the side effects?

Would I get any effect from this kind of dose? I am thinking about dosing once a week on Saturday few hours before I go to the beach.
  2. #2 28th June 2017 
    Thanks
    250mcg a week? That is a very low dose might not be enough but you can try it and tell us what were your results. If you don't see the results you can simply add another 250mcg dose. I am pretty sure that this dose won't have an impact on moles or freckles but you will probably get sick after injection at first.

I usually maintain my tan by using 500mcg/week but to get to my desired color I use 500mcg/day.
  3. #3 28th June 2017 
    Thanks
    That dose wouldn't completely prevent side effects... I think you would still experience the side effects like nausea and facial flushing would, but mole appearance shouldn't be an issue. Do you already have a lot of freckles/moles? Or what is the reason why you are so worried about them? In fact, when you get really dark then moles are not even noticeable, they simply blend in with your tan. Also, the moles/freckles that show up when you use Melanotan 2, disappear about 5-6 months after you stop using it.
  4. #4 28th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Do you know what's your skin type by Fitzpatrick scale? From what you said, I assume it's 3rd or 4th.

I think that for you the 250mcg dose would be good and you don't even need more. Simply inject prior to tanning and you will see the benefits. I am also using 250mcg before tanning but I take it more often than once a week because once a week is not enough to achieve the tan I want. Start with those 200-300mcg's and see for yourself how it is going, you can always increase your dose if you feel like it.
  5. #5 30th June 2017 
    Thanks
    Yes, my skin type is 4th.

Okay, thank you for information. I have already ordered MT2 and will start once it arrives. I will start with even smaller dose - 100mcg and see if I get effects.
  6. #6 3rd July 2017 
    Thanks
    Why are you so worried about the side effects? I assume that it is the first time you use the Melanotan 2. Do you naturally have a lot of moles? Melanotan 2 doesn't cause new mole appearance, it causes new freckle appearance and darkening of freckles to the point where they look the same as moles. 200-300mcg per week is very low dose and in fact, I don't even think if you will get any effects from that dose.
  7. #7 4th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bluecardigan View Post
    Why are you so worried about the side effects? I assume that it is the first time you use the Melanotan 2. Do you naturally have a lot of moles? Melanotan 2 doesn't cause new mole appearance, it causes new freckle appearance and darkening of freckles to the point where they look the same as moles. 200-300mcg per week is very low dose and in fact, I don't even think if you will get any effects from that dose.
    I don't have a lot of moles but there are some freckles on my back and arms and I am scared that they will become black like moles. Okay, I already thought that the dose might be too low. What if I used 200mcg 3 times a week, would I get good effects without too many sides?
  8. #8 5th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexy View Post
    I don't have a lot of moles but there are some freckles on my back and arms and I am scared that they will become black like moles. Okay, I already thought that the dose might be too low. What if I used 200mcg 3 times a week, would I get good effects without too many sides?
    Don't be so scared, freckles become black like moles when you use high doses. Low dose shouldn't affect them and I think they would simply blend in with your tan.
  9. #9 5th July 2017 
    Thanks
    If going low dose I would definitely recommend nasal spray route. I've used it with comparable success to injecting but you do have to use more product since it isn't absorbed as fully as SubQ injection. Definitely felt like I didn't get the explosion of moles/freckles that I do with injecting.

One of the original studies using Afamelanotide (Melanotan I) was done using a subceutaneous implant containing 16mg dissolving over the course of 2 months where excellent results were obtained. I don't think we do a great service by introducing large amounts of MT2 by needle all at one time vs a slow controlled release throughout the day. A 30mL nasal spray with 10mg MT2 reconstituted would allow you to administer ~.033mcg each pump.
  10. #10 6th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bdvince View Post
    If going low dose I would definitely recommend nasal spray route. I've used it with comparable success to injecting but you do have to use more product since it isn't absorbed as fully as SubQ injection. Definitely felt like I didn't get the explosion of moles/freckles that I do with injecting.

One of the original studies using Afamelanotide (Melanotan I) was done using a subceutaneous implant containing 16mg dissolving over the course of 2 months where excellent results were obtained. I don't think we do a great service by introducing large amounts of MT2 by needle all at one time vs a slow controlled release throughout the day. A 30mL nasal spray with 10mg MT2 reconstituted would allow you to administer ~.033mcg each pump.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will think about using the nasal spray, it would be a much more convenient way of using MT2. I have heard that when using nasal spray it's only 50% bioavailable, is it correct? It doesn't really matter if it's only 50% because Melanotan 2 is cheap anyway.

And how many of those 33mcg sprays you do per day? Would 2 sprays per day would be enough for me? Should I even use it every day?