• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 27th June 2017 
    Thanks

Sterile water v Bacteriostatic water

I've recently received my Melanotan and have mixed 2ml of Sterile water with 10mg of Melanotan. I've read some conflicting things regarding the use of Sterile water. So far, in both of my injections i have had a stinging sensation which apparently is common with Sterile water only - not Bacteriostatic. My concern however is that i have come across people saying that Sterile water mixed with melanotan will lead to increased/accelerated degradation of the peptide in comparison to bacteriostatic and therefore is recommended not to use sterile. The website i have bought it from only sells Sterile so it is easy to assume that there shouldn't be a problem with using Sterile water instead of Bacteriostatic. I intend on using the same 10mg vial over a period of 3-4 weeks, so if after 5 or so days it is basically useless because of the sterile water I have a serious problem.

In short, am i ok to mix my 10mg of Melanotan and expect it to be 100% functional in 3-4 weeks time?
  2. #2 28th June 2017 
    Thanks
    No, if you mix it with sterile water then it will start to degrade much faster and you can't expect to have 100% potency after 4 weeks. The maximum you can hope for is 70-80% which isn't that bad either. I always try to mix MT2 with bacteriostatic water but if I don't have it, I use the sterile water. I can still feel its effects after a month but they are noticeably weaker. Try to get the bacteriostatic water next time because, with it, you can be 100% sure that your MT2 won't lose its potency.
  3. #3 28th June 2017 
    Thanks
    If you have trouble getting bacteriostatic water then you can make your own, bacteriostatic water is basically sterile water with added 0.9% Benzyl Alcohol. I usually brew my own juice and also my bacteriostatic water, it is a very easy process you simply need distilled water, benzyl alcohol, syringe, and filter.

But for this time, I am pretty sure that you will be fine with Sterile water, just keep the vial refrigerated and clean the rubber with alcohol everytime you use it.
  4. #4 28th June 2017 
    Thanks
    I also have trouble sourcing Bac water, so I buy sterile water and benzyl alcohol and make it myself (99.1% Sterile Water, 0.9% Benzyl Alcohol).

Alternatively I have heard of some people who use sterile water pre-loading their syringes and freezing them, taking them out to defrost about 5 minutes before injection.
  5. #5 28th June 2017 
    Thanks
    I use sterile water only when I can't get bacteriostatic water and I try to use as quickly as possible so I share it with my friends :p And after the first week I usually preload insulin syringes and freeze them the same way that Hispanic mentioned. But don't freeze more then one dose in each insulin syringe because freezing and thawing lower the peptide potency as well and if you do that multiple times then your peptide will be ruined.
  6. #6 29th June 2017 
    Thanks
    You can use the Sterile water but bacteriostatic water is recommended. If you are not able to get bacteriostatic water where you live then simply make your own, you can buy all the supplies online, it is very easy to make it. But with this vial, it would probably be better to preload your syringes and freeze them as you won't be getting 100% potency after 4 weeks of simply keeping it cool. Peptide in sterile water kept in the fridge will start to degrade after about a week.
  7. #7 14th July 2017 
    Thanks
    If you want it to be 100% the same potency after 4 weeks then sterile water is no good. You need bacteriostatic water because it prevents any bacterial growth. You can pre load your insulin syringes and freeze them, that way it will be good for longer, but do this only once, don't freeze-thaw several times because it will ruin the peptide. So, you can only preload one dose in each insulin syringe.
  8. #8 24th July 2017 
    Thanks
    Stay with Bac water.
  9. #9 25th July 2017 
    Thanks
    You can pre load your syringes and freeze them, that's the best way to avoid losing potency over time. Simply draw up the dose that you are going to use and freeze it... So let's say you are going to use 250mcg doses, then you will need 40 insulin syringes for a 10mg vial. When you want to use it, take it out of the freezer and it should thaw in a matter of minutes.