• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 9th May 2017 
    Thanks

melanotan dosage

I understand that this has been discussed countless times but I'm still pretty confused on melanotan 2 protocol. I have bought a few vials of 10mg melanotan 2, and I plan to start using it.

Some people suggest that 500mcg every other day is enough, some say 250mcg everyday for a couple of weeks and after that 1000mcg/week, while other say 500mcg everyday..

Which one is recommended? I understand that it's different for every person, skin type etc. But I'm wondering which is the best place to start. I have brown hair and I tan pretty easily, sometimes burn. I'd like fast results but without more side effects, mostly I'm concerned about moles and freckles. I think those can be avoided by using lower dosage, because usually people get the when using too much.

I don't understand the idea in using in using too much, but want to know what dosage would give me fast results but without all the bad side effects?
  2. #2 9th May 2017 
    Thanks
    I haven't used melanotan 2 for about 4 months and started again this week. Did 250mcg yesterday and 250mcg today, also tanned in sunbed for 9 minutes today. And few people were already commenting on my tan today lol. 250mcg/day works for me till I achieve desired color, after I'd inject 250mcg 1-2 times a week for maintenance
  3. #3 9th May 2017 
    Thanks
    People were commenting after only 2 250mcg injection? Nice, that's pretty low dose, but for a female I guess it's enough. Looks like every person needs different dose so I guess it's the best to start using it at low dosage and find out what works for me?
    Last edited by Lance; 9th May 2017 at 09:45 AM.
  4. #4 9th May 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    People were commending after only 2 250mcg injection? Nice, that's pretty low dose, but for a female I guess it's enough. Looks like every person needs different dose so I guess it's the best to start using it at low dosage and find out what works for me?
    Yep, 250mcg/day is enough for me personally

I would also hear more from people who are using high doses of melanotan 2. Do they not get effects from lower dose or do they can well tolerate high doses without side effects? (I am talking about those who use 3-5mg/week)
  5. #5 9th May 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mirandacraig View Post
    Yep, 250mcg/day is enough for me personally

I would also hear more from people who are using high doses of melanotan 2. Do they not get effects from lower dose or do they can well tolerate high doses without side effects? (I am talking about those who use 3-5mg/week)
    In my opinion those who use large doses don't really have a reason why they are doing so, probably simply because they think that more is better, but as we know it isn't especially with drugs. But I assume if you are skin type 1 with red hair then you would definitely need more to achieve desired effects..?
  6. #6 9th May 2017 
    Thanks
    I remember one of my buddies were using melanotan 2 at high doses, don't know exactly what dose but I'm sure that it was huge because in one week he became orange color and also alot of moles showed up on his skin.

I will start my course with 200mcg/day, it seems like a good starting point and after a few weeks I will be able to tell if it's enough or not right?

Btw miranda, how do you plan to use it? 250mcg/day for how long? Till you achieve the tan you want, and how much after that?
  7. #7 9th May 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    I remember one of my buddies were using melanotan 2 at high doses, don't know exactly what dose but I'm sure that it was huge because in one week he became orange color and also alot of moles showed up on his skin.

I will start my course with 200mcg/day, it seems like a good starting point and after a few weeks I will be able to tell if it's enough or not right?

Btw miranda, how do you plan to use it? 250mcg/day for how long? Till you achieve the tan you want, and how much after that?
    I will use it at 250mcg/day untill I become really dark and also go to the sunbeds 2 times a week. When I achieve the color I want, I will stop using it, because it will be summer in here already and probably won't need it
  8. #8 9th May 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mirandacraig View Post
    I will use it at 250mcg/day untill I become really dark and also go to the sunbeds 2 times a week. When I achieve the color I want, I will stop using it, because it will be summer in here already and probably won't need it
    I plan to use sunbed just once a week. By the way, I've heard that with melanotan 2 your face usually tans much faster then the rest of the body, should I cover my face with something in a sunbed?
  9. #9 9th May 2017 
    Thanks
    Yes, it's not from melanotan 2 but it's general issue with sunbeds when your face gets way darker then the rest of the body. You can apply a sunscreen on your face or cover it with a blanket or something. But the sunbed I use, you can regulate lamp power on face and on body, I simply completely turn down the facial lamp power and my tan seems to be even
  10. #10 9th May 2017 
    Thanks
    I was using quite alot of melanotan 2 but didn't get many moles or freckles. I didn't get much side effects while loading with 500mcg/day Mon-Fri, only got a little sick for a few hours after the first few injections. After about 3 weeks on loading phase, I switched to maintenance 1mg/week. At first I injected 1mg in on shot and it made me really nauseous so after that I was splitting it in 2 injections/week. I was injecting it about 2-3 hours before sunbed. Some people suggest to inject it before going to sleep to avoid feeling nauseous but when I tried that, it made me week up several times at night because of the all night boner..
    In my opinion you should start low and find out what works the best for you.

And I agree that many people use way too much then they need.
  11. #11 9th May 2017 
    Thanks
    I don't tan very well, so when I'm using melanotan 2 I start by loading the first vial. 1mg/day for 10 days, and after that I switch to 1mg/week with tanning in sunbeds once a week.
  12. #12 11th May 2017 
    Thanks
    I only use it during the spring. I get pretty dark and that usually last all summer. I never do more than .250 a day, and get very dark. After the first 2 or 3 shots, and 3 tanning bed sessions, Im at least 4 shades darker. Dark enough to get remarks from friends. And I dont burn while using MT2. Thats the other best part.

Be careful when tanning the face. It usually gets a lot darker, faster.
    We go to Cancun twice a year, and I can be in the sun all day and never burn.

My family heritage is Scottish (Im American), so that tells you Im very white. By the end of the second month of MT2, I usually to backoff to 1 shot a week. I get as dark as an Arab by then. The first couple of years I went overboard and got too dark.

So, .250mcg works great for me. Ive also found that the nausea is way lessened by reducing the dose. For the first 2 or 3 years, I was doing .500. Severe nausea that never got any better. Now with .250, I get some nausea in the first 2-3 weeks, but it almost goes away completely after that.
    Last edited by rockinl; 11th May 2017 at 02:02 PM.