• Forum Login or
  • Register
  1. #1 8th May 2017 
    Thanks

Should I try melanotan again or not?

I ran 200mcg/day for a week. Tanned once and got burnt in the bed.

I stopped because I got a half inch diameter dark spot that looks kinda like a birth mark on my lower back (about a half inch in diameter).

I also noticed a lot of blotchy/unevenness (from the tanning bed) on my back.

What is this mark from? Will I get more of these weird "birth marks" if I try again?

I am also concerned about getting a "dirty"/uneven look especially on my face. I hear using natural sunlight is good to fix this?

Thanks
  2. #2 8th May 2017 
    Thanks
    I had a dark spot on my chest but I've noticed that the longer I stay on melanotan the less visible it gets. Also are you using only sunbeds or natural sun tanning as well? I found that natural sunlight made it look better.
    And yeah you can continue using melanotan 2 in my opinion. If you don't want that uneven/dirty look then inject melanotan 2 only before tanning session.
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to dseriousone For This Useful Post:

ToastyMan (10th May 2017)

4. #3 8th May 2017 
    Thanks
    I recommend you to stop injecting melanotan 2 everyday. If you still want to use it then dose 200-250mcg before tanning. By the way what skin type you have? Dirty/uneven look is because you used too much melanotan without tanning.. Some people are more sensitive to MT2 then others, I can inject 1mg at a time and I won't get side effects that you are getting.

If you stop using melanotan 2 now then that dark spot will probably dissapear in a few months.
  5. The Following User Says Thank You to bluecardigan For This Useful Post:

ToastyMan (10th May 2017)

6. #4 8th May 2017 
    Thanks
    Did you get that dark spot at the site of injection? It happened to me, when at injection sites I'd get dark pretty noticable patches. I stopped using melanotan 2 for a few months but they didn't dissapear.. So I thought, I will just get another vial of melanotan 2, this time I was injecting IM in my triceps, and I didn't get those dark patches anymore. The more tanned I became the less visible those dark spots was, and now they have completely dissapeared. I don't know if they will appear again if I stop using melanotan but I don't plan to stop it in the near future
    Last edited by zack; 8th May 2017 at 07:02 AM.
  7. #5 8th May 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zack View Post
    Did you get that dark spot at the site of injection? It happened to me, when at injection sites I'd get dark pretty noticable patches. I stopped using melanotan 2 for a few months but they didn't dissapear.. So I thought, I will just get another vial of melanotan 2, this time I was injecting IM in my triceps. The more tanned I became the less visible those dark spots was, and now they have completely dissapeared. I don't know if they will appear again if I stop using melanotan but I don't plan to stop it in the near future
    It's probably not that because OP stated that he got this dark spot on the lower back.. I really doubt that anyone would make injection in lower back..
  8. #6 10th May 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dseriousone View Post
    I had a dark spot on my chest but I've noticed that the longer I stay on melanotan the less visible it gets. Also are you using only sunbeds or natural sun tanning as well? I found that natural sunlight made it look better.
    And yeah you can continue using melanotan 2 in my opinion. If you don't want that uneven/dirty look then inject melanotan 2 only before tanning session.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluecardigan View Post
    I recommend you to stop injecting melanotan 2 everyday. If you still want to use it then dose 200-250mcg before tanning. By the way what skin type you have? Dirty/uneven look is because you used too much melanotan without tanning.. Some people are more sensitive to MT2 then others, I can inject 1mg at a time and I won't get side effects that you are getting.

If you stop using melanotan 2 now then that dark spot will probably dissapear in a few months.

Thanks for the advice!

This makes a lot of sense. I suppose the melanin has nowhere to go but unwanted places when there is no tanning "action".

I have somewhere between Type 1 and Type 2. (My arms for example got slightly tan when I lived in FL for a few months. But when I took my shirt off and my sunscreen washed off I got very burnt in the midsection)

How long should tan in natural sun? (I got burnt in 7.5 minutes in a level 1 bed)
  9. #7 10th May 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zack View Post
    Did you get that dark spot at the site of injection? It happened to me, when at injection sites I'd get dark pretty noticable patches. I stopped using melanotan 2 for a few months but they didn't dissapear.. So I thought, I will just get another vial of melanotan 2, this time I was injecting IM in my triceps, and I didn't get those dark patches anymore. The more tanned I became the less visible those dark spots was, and now they have completely dissapeared. I don't know if they will appear again if I stop using melanotan but I don't plan to stop it in the near future
    Nope I've never had that issue. Heard it mentioned before though. What causes it?
  10. #8 11th May 2017 
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ToastyMan View Post
    Thanks for the advice!

This makes a lot of sense. I suppose the melanin has nowhere to go but unwanted places when there is no tanning "action".

I have somewhere between Type 1 and Type 2. (My arms for example got slightly tan when I lived in FL for a few months. But when I took my shirt off and my sunscreen washed off I got very burnt in the midsection)

How long should tan in natural sun? (I got burnt in 7.5 minutes in a level 1 bed)
    It probably depends on how strong the sun is in your area.. But if it's hot and sunny then you should start with just 15-20 minute sessions and every session increase your time by 5-10 minutes. Also keep an eye on your skin, that you are not going red or burning.